Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2010, 09:11   #46
God Member

Re: Bobby Grant Gone :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
I would have thought £350k+ minimum!! But if stanley only rate Bobby at £200k as reported in the Telegraph, then £250k is most we could hope for unless other clubs step in and start a bidding war which would pump the fee up IMHO
If Stanley rate him at 200k then I would think thats the maximum the tribunal would award. More often than not it's somewhere between the value of the club he is leaving and the value of the club he is joining, possibly with add-ons for appearances and selling on fees.
Old 25-05-2010, 09:15   #47
Senior Member+

Yes Andy,,,,,,,,,, Grant has been a striker more or less this season and has looked like a different player.

Previously he had been a bit part player on our left wing but never looked that great if im honest.

Some of his goals have been genuinely superb, and to me there is no doubt he can do a job in the Championship.

In terms of some people complaining about the club only giving players 1 year deals I do think that is abit short sighted. We all know the state of our finances and put quite simply the club wasnt in a position to offer more players 2 year deals. Especially as Symes & Grant at the beginning of the season where both on the bench !!! Remember that from the turn of the year Grant & Symes have both had deals on the table it has been up to them whether to sign or not.

I can understand them not signing but it is disappointing none the less.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 10:30   #48
Senior Member+

have they had deals though as coley and jb were suppose to sign deals and that took ages! we should have add ons like goals, sell on fee etc! if he keeps playing well could possible get england call up! now he's going be playing on divison below the primier league

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 12:03   #49
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
have they had deals though as coley and jb were suppose to sign deals and that took ages!
Have Coley and Jimmy signed their contracts? When did that happen?
Old 25-05-2010, 12:15   #50
God Member

Gutted, & I think Bobby would have benefitted from one more season with us but can't blame him for wanting to take a shot at Championship football & wish him all the luck in the world at Scunthorpe, although maybe if Stanley hadn't stalled on offering him a contract he'd still be a red
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 12:24   #51
Super Moderator

So, anybody care to enlighten me? When did Coley and Jimmy sign their contracts? Can't see owt about it on t'fishy site?
Old 25-05-2010, 12:25   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Gutted, & I think Bobby would have benefitted from one more season with us but can't blame him for wanting to take a shot at Championship football & wish him all the luck in the world at Scunthorpe, although maybe if Stanley hadn't stalled on offering him a contract he'd still be a red

I thought Grant and Symes had been offered deals in January for next season????

Plenty of time to make up their minds, but you cant stop them wanting to better themselves
Old 25-05-2010, 12:36   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I thought Grant and Symes had been offered deals in January for next season????

Plenty of time to make up their minds, but you cant stop them wanting to better themselves
Not sure, it's all been a bit confusing - a few weeks ago in the paper Bobby said that he wanted to sign but was just waiting for his offer, he also said this at the presentation night on 1st May & yet in couple of articles in the paper recently it's been reported that the club were waiting to hear from both Bobby & Symes?????
Old 25-05-2010, 12:47   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Not sure, it's all been a bit confusing - a few weeks ago in the paper Bobby said that he wanted to sign but was just waiting for his offer, he also said this at the presentation night on 1st May & yet in couple of articles in the paper recently it's been reported that the club were waiting to hear from both Bobby & Symes?????
Thats true,aint much to choose between the Press n the Club is there?
Old 25-05-2010, 12:53   #55

sum one from the club need to tell use whats going on .... we my lose more players this season
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 13:05   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
sum one from the club need to tell use whats going on .... we my lose more players this season
Doubt if they know out final at this stage grimps, its more down to the player i think.
Old 25-05-2010, 13:34   #57
Senior Member+

I think they are both more or less gone thats obvious.

The signing of Kee MUST be a priority.

As well as another striker or 2!!
Old 25-05-2010, 13:36   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I think they are both more or less gone thats obvious.

The signing of Kee MUST be a priority.

As well as another striker or 2!!
Agree, hope they sign Billy, don't look very promising though. through no fault of the clubs.
Old 25-05-2010, 15:01   #59
Super Moderator

So, I take it Coley and Jimmy haven't signed their contracts?
Old 25-05-2010, 15:34   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So, I take it Coley and Jimmy haven't signed their contracts?
Nobody's told us if they have WH, it's about time they were sorted out though .......... maybe tomorrow

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..