Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2009, 19:29   #31
Super Moderator

Re: Court Hearing 4th November - The Verdict

Folks and Stanley FANS

PLEASE PLEASE ACCEPT THESE FACTS

Ilyas and Peter are the saviours!!!!

Ilyas again THANK YOU!!!!!!

Unconditionally you answered the call, although you and Peter were never "officially" requested.

Ilyas cannot communiate with HMRC as he isnt "officially" the Club. However I believe a meeting between Rob and Ilyas has now given Iylas the details he requires to save our Club.

Doug, please belive, there was no plan B!!!

What more can I say???

Yes I know, THANK YOU ILYAS KHAN ( and Peter M)

ON STANLEY ON!!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-10-2009, 19:34   #32
God Member

That is the first positive thing to come from a member of the Board for months

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 19:36   #33
God Member

Welcome back MrT...............

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 19:38   #34
Super Moderator

I am trying to observe from a distance!!!

If you EVER want to ask, PM me if you live away or talk to me on matchdays.

I think (correct me IF i'm wrong) that I try to be honest!!!!
Old 31-10-2009, 19:38   #35
Senior Member+

Doug seems to believe that his dissenting voice makes him 'the voice of reason', when really he's just misinformed and plainly wrong.

I too tried hard to see where Ilyas was coming from, as his altruism seemed just too good to be true. However, over the last few days and having heard Ilyas speak on Wednesday evening, I have no doubts whatsoever about who the 'good guys' are.

Unfortunately the internet is full of characters like Doug, but as long as they remain well in the minority, the reasonable and sane people can just get on with things.
Old 31-10-2009, 19:38   #36

Katie and Mr T

you are both correct. In the eyes of HMRC i have no "personality". their counterpart is ASFC, not Mr Khan or Mr Marsden. Katie. in the court room, in public, Peter and i said we would meet the shortfall. and that is what we are committed to doing. the only mechanical issue is to figure out what that shortfall is. The delay is not so that any director's mortgages can come through (I can confirm that we are not waiting for director payments), but for there to be a final landing on the PFA, and possibly a small amount from SOS fund clearances. I wish i knew exactly what that amount will be, but I dont. therefore my strategy to remit an amount no less than £100k on MOnday, and then find out what (if any) shortfall remains on Tuesday.

Is that transparent enough ? Perhaps Doug thinks that this is some sort of plan to push the club into administration. Or maybe i am harbouring some deep secret deal with Whalley ?

Sorry guys, I dont often lose my temper, but this thread, and Doug's gratuitously insulting comments went too far for me to remain quiet.

Katie and Mr T please dont think my angst is aimed at you at all. i also hope this answers your questions.
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 19:39   #37
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Welcome back MrT...............

Never been away (honestly!!!)
Old 31-10-2009, 19:42   #38
God Member

As a bystander in all of this (although I have helped the appeal in my own small way) I am amazed that anybody can doubt Mr. Khans sincerity. In fact I would go as far as to say that Stanley are very, very lucky that he was prepared to travel down to London after the way he was so publicly snubbed and insulted about his earlier offer of help.
Old 31-10-2009, 19:43   #39
Super Moderator

Ilyas,

You have always answers the questions posed!!

I hope I too am following your fine example??
Old 31-10-2009, 19:45   #40
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
Doug. Your comments to me privately, and your comments on the board, and your (frankly) objectionable insults have gone too far for me to remain silent. You insist on assuming that I am "playing" at something. this says more about you, your state of mind, your personality and your own baggage. I have been totally and utterly transparent. If you cannot and will not accept this - and if you have nothing better to do than to cast aspertions even on the most straightforward of actions, then you are really even more of a sorry individual than your posts make out. YOu contradict yourself too many times for this to remain unchallenged.

I have noted here that playing the boards can be a double edged sword, but I have started, so i will continue.

You will next tell us about a grassy knoll, where there is a holy grail, surrounded by chanting freemasons who wish to dance around some cat's guts.

the simple reality, which you refuse to accept, is that the £308 will be paid and that I will make up the shortfall. If you cant, or wont accept that, and still want to equate me with oneil and whalley, then you really have had a lot of sad baggage. The fact i posted when the club remains silent on our arrangements is due to my deep seated belief that this is a club that has been mismanaged and mis run for so long that we really have to change, and we have to challenge all ambiguity and all deception.

and whilst we are at it, i shoudl let people know on this board that Doug's private emails have been just as equivocal. His usual "on the one hand this....on the other...maybe that" seem to say everything and nothing. His congratulatory email to me almost got me to the point of replying by asking him to never send me any emails again. His other "sarcasm" where he assumes that oneil has put in just as much also bordered on being insulting.

finally, douglas, if you continue to harbour these deep seated problems, come and see me. face to face. ask any question you want - but maybe wait till after the deadline next week. i look forward to seeing you. bring along your bag of semantic goodies. i am sure you were very good at school debates. lets see you in real life, not just hiding behind stupid bulletin board one line quips.
I don’t think I actually insulted you personally Mr. Khan; but I do consider your comments tonight to be very off the mark and somewhat unnecessary. But you are right Mr Khan this is a message board and if we choose to express opinions on such media we should be able to take what comes back.

I don’t think for one minute you would let anything happen to this club Mr. Khan, but what I don’t understand is why this couldn’t have been done differently all round.

I will ensure that what I post in future can’t be misconstrued to be inflammatory, but this outburst will not prevent me from posting my opinion on both sides, because that is all it is an opinion and alternative one to the current trend.

I will take your comment on emails on advice; of course I won’t be sending any more; I also disagree with your assessment of the content.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 19:46   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Never been away (honestly!!!)
I know................but it was in apreciation of you sticking your head above the parapet (sp), as no one else from the boardroom seems to want to do!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 19:52   #42
Senior Member+

[quote=Doug;759065]but what I don’t understand is why this couldn’t have been done differently all round.[/quote]

Surely you know the answer to that, Doug. If you don't, you should ask the (now sole) chairman.

Last edited by Revived Red; 31-10-2009 at 19:55.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 19:55   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
However I believe a meeting between Rob and Ilyas has now given Iylas the details he requires to save our Club.
Am I the only one who thinks it strange that a meeting of such urgency and importance was only attended by Rob & Ilyas
Old 31-10-2009, 19:56   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Surely you know the answer to that, Doug. If you don't, you should ask the (now sole) chairman.
Chairman? Surely you mean owner, RR. The title is completely erroneous - we might as well call him the Pope - but it's what Dave prefers.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 20:09   #45

OK doug. lets start with this question. are you simply positing a view to highlight what you think might be an alternative ? or do you believe what you post ? For example you state "against the current trend". does this mean you think this is a popularity contest ? my suggestion would be that you actually state what you believe rather than trying to play some sort of authorial judge who can dance above the issues but not actually say anything that can be seen as an honest to god opinion. i would respect you more if you actually said something, then stood behind it rather than trying to suggest that you are somehow the rebel. I note redskin on this board, who has on a number of occasions made some comments that actually express an opinion. the fact it is against my view is brilliant - at least he has the courage to say so and not run for cover by suggesting that his posts are actually just a way to highlight a different opinion. come on doug, grow up. this is a deadly serious subject, not a small town version of x factor. our club almost went under. our directors have been lying to us (all of us,including you). we still dont know how much money we owe to all creditors. Our current chairman may or may not be a director. and he may or may not even own shares. these are the real issues, along with the small matter of almost £500k owed to HMRC

i look forward to your reply, and i look forward to jousting with you once i actually know what you believe.
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..