Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2009, 20:13   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Court Hearing 4th November - The Verdict

I have been wondering for a few days if Dougs account has been hijacked by the Don or someone else ???? He is always opinionated but ????
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-10-2009, 20:34   #47

Strewth, I can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading in this thread. Fact is, without Mr Khan and Mr Marsden we would not have a football club today. We wouldn't have played Grimsby yesterday, and we wouldn't be in the FA Cup next weekend.

To my mind, that counts for a heck of a lot, and the only thing we should be offering Mr Khan and Mr Marsden is our thanks.

The sheer sense of despair there was on Tuesday, when it became apparent that the money would not be in place to pay the Tax Man was overwhelming. The relief the following day when the judge granted the extension, thanks to Mr Khan and Mr Marsden was such a weight lifted off the shoulders it was unbelieveable.

So, as far as I am concerned, I have just one thing to say to Mr Khan and Mr Marsden and that is this; thank you .

Ash

http://www.unlimitedricepudding.com/
Fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 20:50   #48
God Member

Tuesday night was all about unity in desperate circumstances

Wednesday Night felt like a turning point

Both nights will go down in the History books, now we must look to the future

The Team & Management are doing their bit, The Fans are doing their bit, Ilyas & Peter are doing their bit that just leaves one gaping hole.........

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 21:18   #49
Resting in Peace

I cannot, for the life in me, understand how anyone can possibly doubt, query or criticise Ilya's position at any stage of this sorry saga. It is just beyond belief. I also don't know why Ilyas should waste his time defending himself, as there really is no need to do so. I would think the position regarding the shortfall is crystal clear to anyone not wearing blinkers. i.e., Ilyas will come up with whatever funds are required next week IN SPITE OF the smokescreen surrounding the owners true intentions. It is outrageous that Ilyas is still having to adopt fail-safe strategies in the event that the club yet again do not deliver on their latest promises. Their actions, rather than words, suggest they have been deliberately obstructing our survival. Incredible, I know, but that's the way it seems.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 21:18   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Tuesday night was all about unity in desperate circumstances

Wednesday Night felt like a turning point

Both nights will go down in the History books, now we must look to the future

The Team & Management are doing their bit, The Fans are doing their bit, Ilyas & Peter are doing their bit that just leaves one gaping hole.........
now fair do's pendle red,Marcelles done her bit.
Old 31-10-2009, 21:40   #51
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatso View Post
Strewth, I can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading in this thread. Fact is, without Mr Khan and Mr Marsden we would not have a football club today. We wouldn't have played Grimsby yesterday, and we wouldn't be in the FA Cup next weekend.

To my mind, that counts for a heck of a lot, and the only thing we should be offering Mr Khan and Mr Marsden is our thanks.
That counts for EVERYTHING. Ilyas Khan and Peter Marsden have saved our club...as simple as. And the only thanks they've got from the club is a grudging acknowledgement in the HMR&C piece on t'fishy site. And, yes, Ilyas, I know you said we should remain calm, but I'm getting angrier and angrier as I read this thread. OK, O'Neill holds 51% of the shares, but the umbilical cord of trust has been broken with the board (with the honourable exception of Mr T) and things cannot be right with the club until this man has gone.

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 31-10-2009 at 21:44. Reason: Can't spell after six pints of IPA!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 21:58   #52
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon View Post
I have been wondering for a few days if Dougs account has been hijacked by the Don or someone else ???? He is always opinionated but ????
Your quite right Simon, I am opinionated and not knowing when to shut up as always been my downfall.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 21:59   #53
Member.

Mr. Khan; I don’t doubt your sincerity, your love of the club or you love of the town. I offer you my unreserved apologies; I hope you can accept them.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 22:07   #54

doug, how could i possibly spurn such a post. yes, of course i accept your apology. there are more important issues to worry about are they not !
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 22:24   #55
God Member

... and peace breaks out again.
Old 31-10-2009, 22:31   #56
Senior Member+

Group HUG
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 22:41   #57
God Member

Feel the love

Sorry couldnt resist!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 23:28   #58
Senior Member+

Ilyas, many thanks for yours and Peter Marsdens offer to save the club. I can understand others when they say, why wasn't this paid last week, however, on reading further into this thread, I can now understand the bigger picture and problem. Marcelle has done the decent thing and resigned, on a personal note, I think Rob should be retained and retrained possibly into the why's and wherefore's of a CEO post. Controversial this may be, but deep down he is Accrington Stanley through and through and has been a misinformed mouthpiece for the owners be they EW or D'On. Time for a change at the top yes, but as Ilyas has said in a previous post/thread, lets get Wednesday over with first. Personally, I am not worried and am glad a repeat of '62 is not on the cards.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 23:57   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

will there be a wednesday if the tax bill is paid prior?
Old 01-11-2009, 00:23   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
will there be a wednesday if the tax bill is paid prior?
Maybe if the present board give accurate figures to Mr.Khan And Mr.Marsden as to how much is owing on the debt to HMRC things could be settled before Wednesday. Seems to be that as the truth is being witheld it could possibly get as far as Wednesdays hearing.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..