Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2013, 19:12   #16
Senior Member+

Re: El Classico !!....Morecambe match thread .

So it wasn't THE 'El Classico'.....but our 'El Classico' if not the right game produced the right result...and well-deserved it was too !.
OK there were one or two individual gaffes which almost cost the team dearly, but one can excuse these in light of the overall performance.
Pointless going into details, I agree with Frank and Cashy's summing up of individual efforts, but we shouldn't forget to throw a bouquet in JB's direction. Seems that he's managed to not only get his team acting as a unit, but also injected some 'steel' into their play which shows in their tackles and refusal to give up the ball too easily.
Spare a thought for Jim and his Shrimps who were well and truly 'potted'........AGAIN !!....
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-10-2013, 19:18   #17
Resting in Peace

A grand day out! Yet again the Shrimps were shown up as lacking the passion required to come out on top of these local derbies as the boys outfought them all over the pitch. You've got to hand it to Peter Murphy, who makes up for what he lacks in sophistication with his bravery, 100% commitment and uncanny ability to get into the box and hurt the opposition. As usual, a lot of ugly bitterness tonight on the Shrimps message board, but not unexpected. Christies Child's posts, although more balanced than most, really made me laugh when he complained about Paddy not getting a penalty when pushed from behind. Our forwards were repeatedly elbowed to the ground by Parrish, Diagne and co., but I suppose you only see what you want to see.
I really hope that Kayode starts on Saturday, and would like to see more of Bowerman up front as he looks like he could be a real asset.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 19:38   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I really hope that Kayode starts on Saturday, and would like to see more of Bowerman up front as he looks like he could be a real asset.
It seems to me we now have a striker problem of the good kind.

Kayode, Webber, Gray, Bowerman.

Shame none of them can play in midfield.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 19:40   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
Me to but I was working
People at my work thought I was in severe pain.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 20:10   #20
Senior Member+

The one thing that overshadowed the game was the quality of the pies!!,they must be the best in England,and that's from a wiganer Was interested how that set up (heard some good reports),it seemed to be a 4-1-2-3,which made them very narrow,but we dominated possession and territory for the first half by simply using our fullbacks and wide men.
They had to change and went 4-3-3,and to be fair got back into the game.
In the end we probably shaded it with a performance based on the old Acci spirit.
The twenty man brawl in the tunnel would have made good viewing tho !
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 20:32   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
The one thing that overshadowed the game was the quality of the pies!!,they must be the best in England,and that's from a wiganer Was interested how that set up (heard some good reports),it seemed to be a 4-1-2-3,which made them very narrow,but we dominated possession and territory for the first half by simply using our fullbacks and wide men.
They had to change and went 4-3-3,and to be fair got back into the game.
In the end we probably shaded it with a performance based on the old Acci spirit.
The twenty man brawl in the tunnel would have made good viewing tho !
4-4-2 versus 4-3-2-1..... I presume ??.

( Pies 8/10 !! ).
Old 26-10-2013, 20:39   #22
Senior Member+

Noticed Yonmon you standing behind the goal rather than sitting,presume it was 50p cheaper !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 20:44   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Noticed Yonmon you standing behind the goal rather than sitting,presume it was 50p cheaper !!!
He was stood about 6ft from us, agree about the pies, even though they had none of the steak n ale, had to make do wi spud, but superb all the same.
Old 26-10-2013, 21:24   #24
Senior Member+

Posted by Christie's Child on their forum ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Jack
Disgraceful refereeing decision for the penalty in the first half.

Got back to 1-1 but in the last 15-20 minutes showed absolutely no desire to win the game. The inevitable happened.

Fuming.
Even Radio Lancashire's own Accy commentator said on air that the penalty was harsh as Baz certainly touched the ball prior to the cheating scumbag Gray fell over.

However that doesn't excuse what was a poor performance both tactically and player wise.

It's disgraceful that amount of room we allow their wide men before we even close them down and as for the amount of space we leave in midfield allowing their midfield to come at us is something that I've noticed is becoming more and more apparent with every game.

Something has to change in the midfield area because today's combination other than possibly Fleming has no creativity whatsoever. And yet again too much hoof ball.

It begs the question are we now in out rightful mid-table position?

The lack of 'quality' options on the bench is mow becoming apparent but on a minor positive note it was good to see Marcus get some game time.

Just let's hope that Jack and Chris can make a difference when they come back and the sooner the better.

It hurts to admit this but on the balance of play Accy for all their cheating just about shaded it.

"Cheating scumbag"?

That's not very nice ........

Last edited by Div3North; 26-10-2013 at 21:27.
Div3North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 21:24   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
As Cashy will readily confirm, we OAP's who find ourselves just about struggling along and watching our hard-earned savings rapidly disappearing day by day,wearing Charity Shop shoes, and forever seeking out bargains at Aldi, can not, although we'd enjoy the experience, find that extra bit of cash to join the Beau Monde sitting in the better seats at local Football Stadia.
The young lady serving in the Refreshment area at t'Globe was kind enough not to count the handful of assorted small-change with which I hoped to purchase my Meat & Pot Pie, just smiled, winked and said 'That's right love !'...and slipped me 10p back with the pie.....some people do care you see !.
So,as he has remarked, I had to join Cashy and the Hoi Polloi and prop myself up on a Barrier !....and yes it was cheaper.
Old 26-10-2013, 21:29   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
Posted by Christie's Child on their forum ......

Even Radio Lancashire's own Accy commentator said on air that the penalty was harsh as Baz certainly touched the ball prior to the cheating scumbag Gray fell over.

However that doesn't excuse what was a poor performance both tactically and player wise.

It's disgraceful that amount of room we allow their wide men before we even close them down and as for the amount of space we leave in midfield allowing their midfield to come at us is something that I've noticed is becoming more and more apparent with every game.

Something has to change in the midfield area because today's combination other than possibly Fleming has no creativity whatsoever. And yet again too much hoof ball.

It begs the question are we now in out rightful mid-table position?

The lack of 'quality' options on the bench is mow becoming apparent but on a minor positive note it was good to see Marcus get some game time.

Just let's hope that Jack and Chris can make a difference when they come back and the sooner the better.

It hurts to admit this but on the balance of play Accy for all their cheating just about shaded it.

Seems that Shrimps and sour Grapes go together very well !!.
Old 26-10-2013, 23:03   #27

Cracking Result. How the cockle pickers drowners can argue about the penalty is beyond me.

Only downside was the flare thrown on the pitch after the winner. Bound to mean a hefty fine which we can ill-afford. One can only hope the culprit will have the balls to man-up and pay the fine.
cashman likes this.
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 06:26   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Can understand em arguing about the stonewall penalty, Disappointment is a huge motive,after all they never won a league match against us. Glad yeh mentioned the flare, Stupidity @ Alcohol have always gone hand in hand, Will no doubt cost the club,what they can ill afford.
Old 27-10-2013, 08:30   #29
Senior Member+

Highlights on t'Football League Show; start at 1:08:05:
BBC iPlayer - The Football League Show: 2013/2014: 26/10/2013
MikeA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 08:32   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I watched it twice already this morning Mike.
MikeA likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..