Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2013, 15:00   #121
Senior Member+

Re: El Classico !!....Morecambe match thread .

Always thought Murph would end up as an holding midfielder.What people don't appreciate is that most of the time him and Joycy are outnumbered in midfield,so his jobs twice as hard.
He does a lot of work that goes unnoticed which let's the wingers stay wide and still pops up with important goals.
One little moan , stop diving !!!,and start bullying
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-10-2013, 17:36   #122
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Cheers, accybeme.

'Vital Football' websites are addled with ill-put together nonsense and this one doesn't disappoint.

Had a good laugh though.
A whine made from sour grapes ?....the sad thing is that Morecambe's website is awash with undiluted vitriol couched in vulgarity, This speaks volumes about the following which Jim Bentley and his team don't deserve !.

Last edited by yonmon; 28-10-2013 at 17:38.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 17:37   #123
Senior Member+

Lost my internet access since saturday so been frustrated to be unable to comment on the match......
Interesting reading lots of others comments before offering my own thoughts.
I thought that Morecambe were a poor side generally. Roche made some good saves but even from "t'other end" it was clearly a rash attempt to beat Gray to the ball. From where I was at "t'other end" and absolutely "square on" to Roches dash towards Gray he clearly went in feet first with studs showing and wether he got the ball first or second or not at all, or got Gray or not, it clearly was considered as dangerous play by the ref and I applaud his decision to award the penalty. Webber as as cool as the "Iceman" in the way he calmly sent it down the centre of the goal to put us one up. We dominated the whole of the first half, and again two up at half time would have been fair as it would last tuesday night. Morecambe came out for the second half having had a roasting and we let the lead slip too easily and too early. Morecambe then had their 25% of the match on top and Betinelli did his stuff again, but half way through the second half we came back into it and took charge again. Yes, it was looking like a draw until our late winner by Murphy. The lad does have the knack of scoring important goals. However, I do not condone his leap over the fence onto the terraces.
Neither do I condone the throwing of the flare onto the pitch. Both actions were simply stupid. Throwing flares is idiotic; a real danger to players, supporters and stewards and could cost us in a fine!!!! Getting booked for a stupid action like jumping over the wall is daft as Murphy is likely to "accumulate" more points during the season and he will probably get a suspension at some stage, thus letting team mates, manager and supporters down!!!
JB is clearly getting his ideas through to the players now and also to the fans and we are beginning to look much more cohesive and confident and we are playing like we are expecting to score goals and get a result!
Long may it continue.
ON STANLEY ON!
cashman likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 19:30   #124
Senior Member+

Simply choirboy,the players are doing what they are being ask to do.It's took a little longer than first thought,but the foundations are in place to put a few decent results together.
cashman, mab and yonmon like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2013, 08:22   #125
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Cracking Tony Kipax match day pics smobile your on a number of them near the end after the winner http://www.kipax.com/gallery/index.p...um=ACCY%2F2969 also Morecambe 1-2 Accrington | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
cashman and smobile like this.
Old 31-10-2013, 09:58   #126
Senior Member+

It is not easy to be sure and I may be biased but Kipax's brilliant photos seem to suggest that Roche made contact with James Gray before claiming the ball.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2013, 10:04   #127
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
It is not easy to be sure and I may be biased but Kipax's brilliant photos seem to suggest that Roche made contact with James Gray before claiming the ball.
Looks that way to me RR
Old 31-10-2013, 10:34   #128
God Member

I'd say there's enough in those photos to convince even the most argumentative of Morecambe fans ............. maybe even Mr. Bentley himself??
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2013, 11:08   #129
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

If he made contact or not,he went in studs up, End of argument.
Old 31-10-2013, 11:44   #130
Senior Member+

There are some dodgy looking people in those last goal celebrations
smobile and teabag like this.
Old 31-10-2013, 13:09   #131
Senior Member+

The pictures are good quality but conveniently do not show the point where contact was made,
This sky sports video shows the view that the referee would have had and I think he was justified in awarding the penalty

Morecambe 1-2 Accrington | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2013, 13:22   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
If he made contact or not,he went in studs up, End of argument.
Exactly.

Dangerous play....endangering an opponent....uncontrolled jump....etc etc

End of argument (again)
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2013, 14:20   #133
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
Exactly.

Dangerous play....endangering an opponent....uncontrolled jump....etc etc

End of argument (again)
Straight red in my opinion, but he stayed on the field of play, WHY?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2013, 15:50   #134
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Straight red in my opinion, but he stayed on the field of play, WHY?
Was saying that throughout the game but it was worth it to see the look on his face when Murph put that last minute winner past him
cashman, yonmon and smobile like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2013, 18:55   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
There are some dodgy looking people in those last goal celebrations
pure joy mr monkey
teabag is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..