Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2013, 09:26   #31
God Member

Re: El Classico !!....Morecambe match thread .

Well done to James & the lads - cracking day out topped off with a fantastic win ...... still recovering from the post match celebrations but have found the best hangover cure is watching the league show highlights over & over again
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-10-2013, 09:29   #32
Full Member+

As we walked back to car , a Morecambe fan at the bus stop muttered to us " enjoy the conference next season " . If he thinks we so bad how come they didn' t beat us yesterday? what bad loosers. Pete Murphy leaving the pitch after his super goal was a silly thing to do , with half the team following him , what was 4 mins added became 7. and a yellow card.! Hope the red flare dosn't come out of Stanleys pocket.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 09:32   #33

We are back, players getting stuck in, in the face of the opposition, opposition crowd on our backs, more players taking the attitude of peter murphy. never beaten,
I was a Stanley Fan in the Morecambe end , the penalty incident right in front of me, Roche came flying out to do Gray but no contact was made as gray got out of way, yes roche got the ball but the intent with studs up and offthe ground, def penalty
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 10:00   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
As we walked back to car , a Morecambe fan at the bus stop muttered to us " enjoy the conference next season " . If he thinks we so bad how come they didn' t beat us yesterday? what bad loosers. Pete Murphy leaving the pitch after his super goal was a silly thing to do , with half the team following him , what was 4 mins added became 7. and a yellow card.! Hope the red flare dosn't come out of Stanleys pocket.
As my son and I came out there was a large crowd of youths some were Morcambe Academy,one shouted well done,you deserved the win today and good luck for the rest of the season.
Greeny and smobile like this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 10:14   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
It seems to me we now have a striker problem of the good kind.

Kayode, Webber, Gray, Bowerman.

Shame none of them can play in midfield.
There is good competition all over the field,keeper/fullbacks/cbs/forwards,but a couple of faces to put pressure on midfielders wouldn't go a miss !! KTF
Redraine and DAV007 like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 10:41   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
Every team in the land has got a percentage of knob heads, (some throw flares.) in the main i find Morecambe fans O.K., on our way into the ground one said to us,"Suppose yeh have come fer yer usual 3 pts"
Greeny likes this.
Old 27-10-2013, 11:06   #37
Senior Member+

Gutted I wasn't there.

Brilliant result.

We have officially turned the corner
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 11:29   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post

We have officially turned the corner
Have to agree, am just surprised its taken this long,going off what i seen.
Old 27-10-2013, 12:03   #39

Scoring in injury time = best way to win a game. Still on a high from yesterday. I was really impressed with our wide play from hunt/naylor/mingoia/naismith. Hunt marauding up the pitch a couple of times really opened up some space, and mingoia gave Morecambe's right back a real contest.

One thing though: how bad are we at corners?! 9 times out 10 we don't beat the first man and a great attacking opportunity comes to nothing, or worse we get caught on the break. Example of this came right before our winner. But it's really the major bad point from a good win.

November is going to be a massive month. 3 game at home, and 2 games against the 2 teams above us. Can't wait.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 12:28   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have to agree, am just surprised its taken this long,going off what i seen.
It took Fergie 4.5 seasons!!!
cashman likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 14:13   #41
Senior Member+

In a game could have swung either way Stanley got the 3 vital points, looking at the stats before the match I envisaged a defeat but I was pleased to be proved wrong, on walking back to the car a couple of Morecambe fans told me it was never a penalty their keeper collected the ball as I was situated at the far end of the pitch from the incident and I did not argue the point merely said from where we were seated at the far end of the pitch it looked a clear penalty to me on reviewing the penalty on the league show it clearly shows the goalkeeper taking Gray out first and then collecting the ball, but then I suppose all us fans are open to distorting incidence to see what we want to see,
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 15:22   #42
God Member

the only thing I read into the penalty was Roche's body language as he left the floor to make the 'tackle'. Whether he ended up with the ball or not it was dangerous play to jump in that manner and the penalty was deserved. Morecambe fans can only argue that he got the ball - but that's not sufficient
yonmon likes this.
Old 27-10-2013, 18:12   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Scoring in injury time = best way to win a game. Still on a high from yesterday. I was really impressed with our wide play from hunt/naylor/mingoia/naismith. Hunt marauding up the pitch a couple of times really opened up some space, and mingoia gave Morecambe's right back a real contest.

One thing though: how bad are we at corners?! 9 times out 10 we don't beat the first man and a great attacking opportunity comes to nothing, or worse we get caught on the break. Example of this came right before our winner. But it's really the major bad point from a good win.

November is going to be a massive month. 3 game at home, and 2 games against the 2 teams above us. Can't wait.
Master of the understatement. Every team in the football league is above us at this time. However, all games are winnable so 11 points out of 15 agreeable? I would say so. I do think we will be out of the bottom 2 come the end of next month, just a shame it wasn't the end of this month, Northampton and Bury and Torquay let us down lol
cashman likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 18:15   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Master of the understatement. Every team in the football league is above us at this time. However, all games are winnable so 11 points out of 15 agreeable? I would say so. I do think we will be out of the bottom 2 come the end of next month, just a shame it wasn't the end of this month, Northampton and Bury and Torquay let us down lol
Quite attainable i reckon, though think 9 will see us well outa the mire fer now.
Old 27-10-2013, 19:19   #45

Extended highlights from yesterday are now on the sky sports website. It's get better with repeated viewing

The league is wide open - oxford weren't anything special and they top the league, portsmouth distinctly mediocre and cheltenham were rubbish, to name just a few. If we do the simple things right, we can beat any of them.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..