Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2013, 11:39   #16
Senior Member+

Re: For DAV007

Can peace break out now, please??
Old 21-04-2013, 11:49   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Can peace break out now, please??
It aint a war mate,we all support same club, just different points of view.
Old 21-04-2013, 12:08   #18

I think that Dav007, as all on this forum hopefully do, genuinely believed his views were in the best interest of the club. I maintain that one win in 18 games entitles people to ask questions. Let us remember the Voltaire principle.

The fact remains that without the lucky discovery of Molyneux and his subsequent wonder goals....who Leam refused to play for a long time despite all and sundry being able to see how talented the lad was....we would have been relegated a month ago.

Being blinkered works two ways.

Delighted we've stayed up and delighted for Leam. Hopefully this lucky escape can galvanise us for next season and if we can keep Moly and Armine and get rid of Rachubka we can upset the apple cart again next season.

Fully expect the illiterate "u is a muppet" responses from certain quarters. It's boring....we've stayed up. Move On and look forward to Pompey next season/
Old 21-04-2013, 12:12   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Slagging players who by all accounts had a good game yesterday, n certainly did so at York, is also boring n justifies the Muppet Alvin.
Old 21-04-2013, 12:18   #20

i heard a little whisper that leam put all dav007 comments on the changing room wall .
Old 21-04-2013, 12:22   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Slagging players who by all accounts had a good game yesterday, n certainly did so at York, is also boring n justifies the Muppet Alvin.
Not slagging at all. Just think we could grab somebody better. Certainly if Bavs returns to his earlier season form and a certain Mr Belford becomes available seeing as Bury have been relegated.

One thing is certain. It's never a dull day on the Stanley rollercoaster.
Old 21-04-2013, 12:27   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
I think that Dav007, as all on this forum hopefully do, genuinely believed his views were in the best interest of the club. I maintain that one win in 18 games entitles people to ask questions. Let us remember the Voltaire principle.
The problem was that DAV007 repeated his views ad nauseam. Not simply content with starting threads that some may consider offensive ("Leam Richardson - the worst in Stanley's history?"), he peddled his views in other threads.

Quote:
The fact remains that without the lucky discovery of Molyneux and his subsequent wonder goals....who Leam refused to play for a long time despite all and sundry being able to see how talented the lad was....we would have been relegated a month ago.
Can I suggest that the "lucky discovery" of Hughes and Aldred may also have had a bearing on it, along with the equally "lucky" blending of a team?
football19 likes this.

Last edited by Revived Red; 21-04-2013 at 12:29.
Old 21-04-2013, 12:31   #23
Senior Member+

If we all sang from the same song sheet we would be just a load of nodding dogs with nothing to discuss, on the changing the manager which to me was never an option, but like everyone else DAV007 is entitled to an opinion and others are entitled to disagree with him and at the end of the day we all got what we hoped for survival in the league,
DAV007 likes this.
Old 21-04-2013, 12:36   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Not slagging at all. Just think we could grab somebody better. Certainly if Bavs returns to his earlier season form and a certain Mr Belford becomes available seeing as Bury have been relegated.

One thing is certain. It's never a dull day on the Stanley rollercoaster.
I also liked Mr Belford very much, but in fairness Chucks to me has settled in well of late. N as fer the lucky discovery of Moly, I suggest good judgement also musta come into play wi that un?
Old 21-04-2013, 12:40   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I've been looking through some old threads this morning. Sadly but inevitably, some of the interesting ones are now closed.

But on 11 February 2013, a certain person who has insisted that we deal only in facts wrote this:

Can I clarify, im not saying Leam will not become a successful league manager, but right now he is not the man for the job.

Again, if he remains in charge I hope you all get to laugh at me at the end of the season and put in huge bold letters 'i told you so'.

So, DAV007, it is with great pleasure that I write

I TOLD YOU SO

RR !... Do I detect a note of triumphalism in this post ?, if so I am surprised to say the least at reading such from one who usually comes across as being diffident, shy, and slow to criticize his fellow-man !...in particular that increase in font size, colour-change and excessive use of Emoticons as your final act of vilification of dear Dav makes me shudder with it's aggressive intent !!.
BUT having said that....Whilst I am in total agreement with your acerbic yet accurate sentiments I sincerely wishDav every success in his predictions for the 2013/14 Season !...which I am sure we all look forward to with eager anticipation...( There now wasn't that a much more suitable peroration ?)..and not an emoticon in sight !
Revived Red likes this.
Old 21-04-2013, 12:40   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
but like everyone else DAV007 is entitled to an opinion and others are entitled to disagree with him and at the end of the day we all got what we hoped for survival in the league,
Let me get this straight once and for all. Of course he is/was entitled to an opinion. The problem was always that he expressed that opinion over and over again, sometimes claiming things that were untrue. Incidentally, look through my posts - nowhere will you find my opinion of Leam Richardson as a manager. The whole point was that Leam was/is the manager and, at a difficult time, deserved support from us all rather than the constant sniping that was being aimed at him.

Over and out.
cashman, yonmon and football19 like this.

Last edited by Revived Red; 21-04-2013 at 12:43.
Old 21-04-2013, 13:48   #27
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Anyways, someone give him his 'umble pie (with a choice of condiments, red or brown sauce) and a big glass of humility juice to wash it all down with so it don't stick in his throat. Then lets get on with looking forward to the future as the happy bunch of irrepressible Stanley optimists we know we are.
Old 21-04-2013, 14:00   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
.( There now wasn't that a much more suitable peroration ?)..and not an emoticon in sight ![/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
I may even have agreed wi that,if i knew what the hell a peroration was.
Old 21-04-2013, 14:09   #29
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I may even have agreed wi that,if i knew what the hell a peroration was.
Same as what he said, with knobs on!
Old 21-04-2013, 14:33   #30
Senior Member+

Yonmon,now things have panned out ok ,do you think I can resume my normal seating arrangements on Saturday?,I started to get paranoid
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..