Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2013, 08:16   #1
Senior Member+

For DAV007

I've been looking through some old threads this morning. Sadly but inevitably, some of the interesting ones are now closed.

But on 11 February 2013, a certain person who has insisted that we deal only in facts wrote this:

Can I clarify, im not saying Leam will not become a successful league manager, but right now he is not the man for the job.

Again, if he remains in charge I hope you all get to laugh at me at the end of the season and put in huge bold letters 'i told you so'.

So, DAV007, it is with great pleasure that I write

I TOLD YOU SO

Last edited by Revived Red; 21-04-2013 at 08:19.
Accrington Web
Old 21-04-2013, 08:50   #2
Senior Member+

Re: For DAV007

To be fair RR,Davo was convinced that changing the manager was our only hope,although I didn't agree,a lot of teams go down this avenue.What I strongly disagreed with was that the players weren't 100% behind Leam ,believe me they were,even when we weren't getting results.
Successful teams get partnerships all over the pitch,and with his contacts he slowly built them.
Moving Dean to Cb and bringing in Aldred(both schooled at blackburn),Linganzi partnering Joycy(great combination),wilsons experience allowed Moly to attack more,Hunt and Murph allowed Bocco to get forward,and Jeffers and Beatties experience fired up Hatfield and Podge.
I think last 12 games we had 7 clean sheets,good foundations were being built by Leam and this paid off.
Just hope we can keep one or two for next season,KTF
AccyMad and Redash like this.
Old 21-04-2013, 08:58   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Disagree, in my view davo had a huge bias to [email protected]. I can understand why wi all they achieved at Stanley, But this was very unfair to Leam, Hope now the blinkers are off?
AccyMad likes this.
Old 21-04-2013, 09:04   #4

Like DAV, I too thought keeping Leam at the helm was utter madness and I'm so happy to have been proved wrong.

But if assembling a group of players in January, capable of keeping us up, was difficult, I fear the task he faces in keeping hold of the best of them after yesterday's achievement will be monumental.

Several players who were in the last chance saloon in January will now be hot properties. I only hope the club can find the wherewithal to give Leam a fighting chance.
Old 21-04-2013, 09:06   #5
Resting in Peace

Old 21-04-2013, 09:14   #6
Full Member+

I was also on the same wavelength as DavOO7 regarding the manager.No doubt he like me will have been more than happy to have been proved wrong! I'm sure he'd rather be taking the flack now about Liam Richardson as opposed to being in a position of "I told you saw" following relegation to the conference. We all had strong opinions about who should have been steering the good ship Stanley away from relegation waters, sometimes saying things in the heat of the moment, but we all had the interest of the club at heart and if we'd all sang from the same hymm sheet perhaps the manager would've become complacent, but with criticism of his position and tactics perhaps he took them on board and decided to do things a little differently?
Old 21-04-2013, 09:27   #7

for the record, from winning at Fleetwood in November to the win at Rochdale 3 months later, we went 17 games with 1 win and 6 draws and 10 defeats. That run was enough to put the willies up any stanley supporter (so to speak)
Even Leam's biggest fans must have wondered whether we had made a big mistake and it's probably to Leam's benefit that we can't afford to sack the manager. Plenty of other clubs would have pulled the trigger (e.g an outfit 6 miles to the west of accrington).
So for me, although we hit such a bad run I had to keep backing leam because we had no real alternative. Forget JC and JB - that was never a viable option. We just can not afford to sack a manager and bring back people who left for more money at rochdale
To say the players were behind Leam is being a bit wise after the event; some of those performances through the winter months were so appalling that i shall never be able to think of Dagenham and Redbridge without a shudder.

I guess we will never know the truth of that midwinter slump and I am happy to let bygones be bygones and look forwards.
Old 21-04-2013, 09:31   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
sometimes saying things in the heat of the moment
Not so. It was not "heat of the moment" at all. Look back at those posts. DAV007 used every possible opportunity to announce the fact that Leam (note spelling, by the way - sadly you still cannot get it correct) was not up to the job.

Quote:
but we all had the interest of the club at heart and if we'd all sang from the same hymm sheet perhaps the manager would've become complacent, but with criticism of his position and tactics perhaps he took them on board and decided to do things a little differently?
Are you honestly suggesting that criticism from individuals on this forum caused the management team to change ideas?

Yes, football19, I agree that DAV007 was very wrong in saying that the players were not behind Leam. But he was also wrong in his excessive criticism of the board.
Old 21-04-2013, 09:33   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadsworthcloud View Post
So for me, although we hit such a bad run I had to keep backing leam because we had no real alternative. Forget JC and JB - that was never a viable option. We just can not afford to sack a manager and bring back people who left for more money at rochdale
That is common-sense yeh grasped yon, Pity the muppets were still in vogue, some just couldn't see the facts.
Old 21-04-2013, 09:54   #10
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Not so. It was not "heat of the moment" at all. Look back at those posts. DAV007 used every possible opportunity to announce the fact that Leam (note spelling, by the way - sadly you still cannot get it correct) was not up to the job.

Are you honestly suggesting that criticism from individuals on this forum caused the management team to change ideas?

Yes, football19, I agree that DAV007 was very wrong in saying that the players were not behind Leam. But he was also wrong in his excessive criticism of the board.

"Are you honestly suggesting that criticism from individuals on this forum caused the management team to change ideas?"

I'm not saying that the management team said "Oh look,Dav007 thinks that we should do it this way, let's try it then"!, but perhaps criticism in general made them look at things differently.
Old 21-04-2013, 10:00   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Perhaps as well me muppet comment is accurate
Old 21-04-2013, 10:18   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
I'm not saying that the management team said "Oh look,Dav007 thinks that we should do it this way, let's try it then"!, but perhaps criticism in general made them look at things differently.
I was not aware of any "criticism in general". But I was aware of persistent griping from a few individuals, some of whose utterings would have been laughable had they not been a possible source of disunity at a time when unity was essential.
cashman, jaysay, yonmon and 1 others like this.
Old 21-04-2013, 10:58   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I was not aware of any "criticism in general". But I was aware of persistent griping from a few individuals, some of whose utterings would have been laughable had they not been a possible source of disunity at a time when unity was essential.
How true, yeh can't put sense were there is none though.
Old 21-04-2013, 11:01   #14
Full Member+

Quote:
Well where i stand in the ground there was considerable criticism of Liam Richardson's tactics. Having said that for the last few years of his reign JC came in for similar criticism from the same fans. Football fans will always have an opinion of how their club should be run, sometimes those opinions are laughable, sometimes they are genuine and maybe should be taken on board.
I for one kept my opinions to myself as i know for a fact that i am not a football manager and would be clueless as how to pick a team, but that doesn't mean that i can't have an opinion on someone else's ability to pick a successful team.
Maybe a bit of verbal infighting as to who was right and who was wrong about the management is inappropriate at this time when we should be celebrating avoiding the drop to a level of football that we'd almost certainly have no chance of returning from!
Old 21-04-2013, 11:09   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
But I was aware of persistent griping from a few individuals, some of whose utterings would have been laughable had they not been a possible source of disunity at a time when unity was essential.
That behaviour was inappropriate at a far more important time, But yeh can't seem to grasp that?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..