Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2013, 14:39   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: For DAV007

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Yonmon,now things have panned out ok ,do you think I can resume my normal seating arrangements on Saturday?,I started to get paranoid
Yeh don't know that owd reprobate wi the gammy leg do yeh?
Old 21-04-2013, 15:10   #32
Senior Member+

He's had it sorted now,was on about makin a comeback!!,to be fair he looks in good nick
cashman likes this.
Old 21-04-2013, 16:02   #33

First of all thank god that,s over WELL DONE BOY,S. I at the time was very much in dis-agreement with DAV007 and was even accused of making threats when I asked him for a face to face conversation on the clayton end, this of course was not the intention and I apologize if that,s how it was interpreted.
I said at the time of the snakes introduction as manager that it was a mistake an we should have stuck with Leam to the end of the season (and who knows where we might have been now) some of the comments that were being thrown about at the time will have filtered to the dressing room because there are members of the squad who from time to time make a occasional visit to this board (so I have been told) and to quantify the rumour,s regarding Leam losing the changing room absolute rubbish the squad where 110% behind him so much so I would say it was a better place to be than in the latter days of JC & JB.
cashman and Revived Red like this.
Old 21-04-2013, 17:26   #34
Super Moderator

Absolutely magnificent achievement by Leam, considering the paucity of resources at his disposal.

On a day when Stockport County (average home gate: 3,481) slipped into the Blue Square North, it's worth considering just how far above our weight we are punching...long may it continue!
cashman, Revived Red, mab and 1 others like this.
Old 21-04-2013, 17:31   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Absolutely magnificent achievement by Leam, considering the paucity of resources at his disposal.

On a day when Stockport County (average home gate: 3,481) slipped into the Blue Square North, it's worth considering just how far above our weight we are punching...long may it continue!
And that is a FACT.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 21-04-2013, 17:41   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
If we all sang from the same song sheet we would be just a load of nodding dogs with nothing to discuss, on the changing the manager which to me was never an option, but like everyone else DAV007 is entitled to an opinion and others are entitled to disagree with him and at the end of the day we all got what we hoped for survival in the league,
I got my own thread.

Special mention to the OP for serving up the humble pie, it tastes even better that we are in league 2 next season.

To clarify for the final time, I did not say the players where not behind Leam per se. On the contrary, I said a player or two I spoke to would have not had a problem with Coley and Jimmy coming back and liked playing under them.

There are lots of examples of this in football, im sure john terry and frank lampard would like to play under Mourinho again.

If I said something different then please point it out.

The real credit has to go to the board who after a dreadful run of results, decided to back Leam when others may have decided to change the manager.

I and some others called for Coleman & Bell to return while they are out of work; there is no proof either way to say they wouldnt have kept us up or sent us down.

However, the winless run we went on deserved questioning and IMO a change in manager.

Going forward, the challenges and experience Leam has had from this season will put him in a good position to move Stanley forward and hopefully get a mid table or higher position in the 2013/14 season.

But lets not forget, staying up is a huge achievement for Stanley and if we manage to stay up next season on the current gates and level of investment; then Leam will have over-achieved again.
Redash and yonmon like this.
Old 21-04-2013, 17:49   #37
Resting in Peace

I used to watch worms wriggling on the end of a fishing pole when I was young, takes my mind back
Wynonie Harris, cashman and DAV007 like this.
Old 21-04-2013, 17:57   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

its not negative, I am being realistic.
We are sleep walking into relegation under the excuse of 'loyalty' to a manager who is not delivering.
Leam has bee a good servant to the club, but the FACTS show his reign as manager to be a disaster.

This is not about being anti Leam, no Stanley fan could be anti Leam, he is a nice bloke who has worked hard for the club.
But we are in a race to the bottom, and the only thing we are able to change to see an improvement is the manager.

Coleman and Bell would keep us up, but the longer we leave it, the games are ticking away, the points are not being collected and our rivals are making gains.

You may not like the FACTS, but they speak alot louder than any words on a forum.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Theres the proof, yeh said Coleman n Jimmy "Would" keep us up, now yer weaseling n saying theres no proof either way, I wouldn't like someone like you behind me in the trenches Davo.
Wynonie Harris and jaysay like this.
Old 21-04-2013, 18:14   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
We are sleep walking into relegation under the excuse of 'loyalty' to a manager who is not delivering.
Leam has bee a good servant to the club, but the FACTS show his reign as manager to be a disaster.

This is not about being anti Leam, no Stanley fan could be anti Leam, he is a nice bloke who has worked hard for the club.
But we are in a race to the bottom, and the only thing we are able to change to see an improvement is the manager.

Coleman and Bell would keep us up, but the longer we leave it, the games are ticking away, the points are not being collected and our rivals are making gains.

You may not like the FACTS, but they speak alot louder than any words on a forum.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Theres the proof, yeh said Coleman n Jimmy "Would" keep us up, now yer weaseling n saying theres no proof either way, I wouldn't like someone like you behind me in the trenches Davo.
Ya Cashy you'll be able to work out who Davo007 is at the last home game, he'll be the one limping because he's shot himself in the foot.
Old 21-04-2013, 18:21   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post

And I believe they would have.
But factually, you couldnt prove they would have as much as you couldnt prove they wouldnt have.

Your grasping at straws
Old 21-04-2013, 18:28   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
And I believe they would have.
But factually, you couldnt prove they would have as much as you couldnt prove they wouldnt have.

Your grasping at straws
no but they didn't need to like you wanted and it looks like you've got the straws between your teeth
Old 21-04-2013, 18:32   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Oh i aint grasping at straws,davo nor do i weasel out of stuff when i'm wrong, This new "LIKE" button is a wonderful new thing, everyone can look back n see who agreed wi yeh, n also notice they have had the good sense,to keep there heads below the parapet. Still yeh can say whatever yeh wish, cos its so easy fer folks to look back n make there own minds up.
Old 21-04-2013, 18:37   #43
Senior Member+

Couldnt agree more.
Old 21-04-2013, 18:57   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Yonmon,now things have panned out ok ,do you think I can resume my normal seating arrangements on Saturday?,I started to get paranoid
This 'owd reprobate wi't gammy leg !'...( 'HE' only referred to me thus because he doesn't know the meaning of preroration !)..
will be so pleased to share in all that will be good about the game against Oxford United....and look forward to hearing once more your comprehensive half-time summary of the play !...

p.s....and it's not 'gammy' any more...HIP Hooray !

cashman and football19 like this.
Old 21-04-2013, 20:23   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
To clarify for the final time, I did not say the players where not behind Leam per se.

If I said something different then please point it out.
I know I said "over and out" but I cannot let you get away with your attempts to change history. For the record, this is what you wrote on 17 February:
I would suggest his bigger immediate problem may be the dressing room who no longer rate him.
And then two days later:
I suggest you speak to the players, they have made up their own minds.

Quote:
The real credit has to go to the board who after a dreadful run of results, decided to back Leam when others may have decided to change the manager.
Is this the same board that you accused of lacking courage?
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..