Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-10-2006, 11:42   #31
Resting In Peace

Re: Gary Roberts Gone!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyRed
I agree AccyMad... Sean backs out of a lot of challenges and easy chances, he's wary of getting involved in the game and holds back a lot of the time... Sorry if I upset anyone but in my opinion its true!
He doesn't just back out of challenges, he gets nowhere near to challenging, he never looks interested, there is no way that he can replace Gary Roberts. One man who could replace him is Rory Prendergast - if we could get him on loan. What happens in January if Ipswich gon't sign Gary, does he return to Stanley? By which time we could have slipped out of the play off race and be struggling if we haven't found a replacement. If we find a replacement, what happens to him if Gary returns in January. I just hope that the Management have covered all possibilities and have a replacement ready for the game against Walsall. I am very disappointed and shocked at this move. OK, you can't stand in Gary's way but at least leave it until January. It is as though he has gone on trial and a few seasons ago Coley said that he would never let a Stanley player go out on trial and that if another team wanted a Stanley player they would have to make an offer, so why not wait until January and let Ipswich make an offer then. On the other hand if he is a success at Ipswich it may alert other teams and we may have a bidding war for him in January. Either way, let's have faith in the Management and support what they do.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-10-2006, 11:47   #32
God Member

Got to say I agree with everything Jeff has just said. I remember Coley saying that about our players too, that it wasn't fair on them to send them on loan because it was messing with their livleihood if the loan move didn't work out. I just hope it all works out for everyone involved.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 11:49   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF
He doesn't just back out of challenges, he gets nowhere near to challenging, he never looks interested, there is no way that he can replace Gary Roberts.
I couldn't bring myself to be that blunt Jeff, im too polite
AccyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 11:55   #34
Super Moderator

Think what we urgently need now is some sort of statement from the club about their reasoning behind this move, how they are going to fill the gap etc etc.
Old 17-10-2006, 12:00   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
Think what we urgently need now is some sort of statement from the club about their reasoning behind this move, how they are going to fill the gap etc etc.
I agree totally with you there my friend !
Urban Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 12:07   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone
By making a statement to the fans that the clubs ambitions are more important than Roberts future.

Tonight and Saturday I will be watching Stanley not Roberts. I will be concerned about our Club and not wondering if Gary Roberts is happy and in the money.

I do agree with you there Someone. However, it is a good move for the player and if the club stood in his way on this one (after telling him no way for Yeovil) then what is to say the player wouldn't sulk and become a shadow of himself.

Coley obviously told him in August that he could play his way out of the club and secure himself a top move. At 22 this guy has his whole career in front of him and will do will if he applies himself now.

The club would prefer not to sell but it is a business as well and has to be self-sufficient. The crowds are not sustaining the level of football we are now at so transfers have to.

And while you are watching Stanley rather than Gary would you prefer to do it under a roof? with lights that actually shine? a car park that is not a quagmire in winter? a bar on the Clayton End?

The club cant aford to do the things that we desire but maybe with a bit of gazza cash they can. I await the statement.
Old 17-10-2006, 12:11   #37
God Member

Oooo eck I'm gobsmacked along with the rest of you... not sure what to say about the whole thing but I will wish Gary all the best for the future. It's definately a good move for him

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 12:21   #38
Resting In Peace

Ipswich describe it as an 'emergency loan'
http://www.itfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page...913020,00.html
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 12:25   #39

Gary leaving is a bitter pill to swallow, but I'm not sure I agree with the assessment of those people that say they're 'disgusted' with the club.

Just as a transfer could be a positive thing for Gary, so too could it be positive for Stanley. Remembering the bonuses that came from selling Brett, the sort of money we'd get for Gary could be a huge help in improving the infrastructure of the club, which in turn will help to attract a better calibre of player.

Also, the management team must have been expecting such interest in Gary and, knowing how competent they are, I trust Coley etc will already have identified a number of possible replacements. Above all, keep the faith!!
This Charming Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 12:41   #40
God Member

Thumbs down Re: Gary Roberts Gone!!!!!!!!!

what the f**k. the team takes about half a dozen games to get its balance right and then they do this if i was john coleman i would be raging. i know 1 man dont make a team but he was an important cog.does this mean a change of tactics coming along like 4-3-2-1 this is a big risk for roberts will he be on the bench or will he start............ i think we will start to struggle to score cause i cant see eric splashing out cash for a striker.............or maybe im over reacting
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 12:41   #41
Senior Member+

Its the postion we are in, sell to survive, could we have got where we are with out the transfer of Ormerod, will you get a roof out of this? Some teams go for years with out one gem we have had 2, this could be the second best thing that happened to the club.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 12:43   #42
God Member

emergency loan doesn't sound good.. That sounds as if they are borrowing him then giving him back when they've had a bit of a run out of him. Still, the shop window is now open and hopefully he will still do well out of it and so will we.
Old 17-10-2006, 13:02   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
Still, the shop window is now open and hopefully he will still do well out of it and so will we.
Sorry pal but I fail to see the relationship between losing Roberts and doing well right now.

The opinion seems to be that we are all gutted but let's not say anything because the club know best. But the club do make mistakes and mostly due to greed. I think they made a big one today.

That was my final word on the subject. Off for a cry now.
Old 17-10-2006, 13:30   #44
Dan
Senior Member+

2BR news on the hour, sport bulletins at half 4 and half 5, and 2BR sport tonight from 7.
We've spoken to our esteemed Chief Executive
99.8FM or www.2br.co.uk

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 14:04   #45

shocked like everyone on here but after the performance i witnessed on saturday at torquay it was only a matter of time.....he was class apart...no disrespect to the rest of the stanley team...... a loan deal though is very odd and needs to be explained although just a thought here....the transfer window is closed til...........january!!! so maybe a deal has already been done???
all the best gary and cart on stanley
glosterred is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..