Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-10-2006, 10:20   #1
God Member

Gary Roberts Gone!!!!!!!!!

see fishy site.

oh fiddelsticks.

Good luck Gary, the tractor men need you. Put in the performances and net us some big bucks please.
Old 17-10-2006, 10:31   #2

Re: Gary Roberts Gone!!!!!!!!!

I'm pleased for Gary, but Coley will have to find a striker now. Mangan or Brown are not the answer. I dread to think if Paul gets injured what kind of team he would put out. there was only Gary really scoring for us, lets hope there is somone on the horizen. What does every one else think?
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 10:32   #3
God Member

i just hope the transfer fee is through the roof!!
Old 17-10-2006, 10:34   #4

This says a lot about the club ambitions. I am disgusted and don't give me all that tosh about money more important. Whatever argument you put forward for Roberts leaving can then be applied to every player. Sod ambition take the highest bid.

Leading goalscorer and they let him go on loan with a chance to buy if he does well.

Money Talks, Gary Walks

Good luck Gary. No blame on you. As for the club? DISGUSTED
Old 17-10-2006, 10:34   #5
God Member

Fiddlesticks is putting it mildly Macca! What the hell's going on? I could understand if we were selling him for a massive fee we couldn't turn down(I'd be gutted but could see the sense in it) but sending him on loan till January???? I'm gobsmacked!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 10:38   #6
God Member

its gotta be on loan with a view to buying like buy now pay spetmeber deals. They've got him on HP.

You dont send your best player out as a favour to a club nowhere near you.

Remember Paul Parry from Hereford? He played for Wales two months after playing against us in the Conference after going to Cardiff.

This is a massive move for Gary and one that nobody could stand in the way of. I really hope he does well cos Eric will ensure that we get a good fee for him. Big fee, 20% sell on clause, appearance money etc

Go get em son.
Old 17-10-2006, 10:41   #7

Big fee or relegation back to the conference. Take a vote.
Old 17-10-2006, 10:44   #8
God Member

I really do wish Gary all the luck in the world and hope he makes the most of his chance but it's bloody bad timing for us. Can we not at least keep him till after Saturday?
Old 17-10-2006, 10:50   #9

Good Luck Gary cheers.

Eric, hand in pocket please. We need a striker as well as a roof!!
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 10:54   #10
God Member

Well, if he's going before saturday I suspect there will be alot of revisions made on Jimbo's prediction thread.

While you can't stand in the way of the lad furthering his career, he is going to leave a big void. Are we doing a disservice to the rest of the squad in suggesting that that cannot be filled by them?

We'll have to see what happens on saturday, but the word optimism does not readily come to mind.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 10:56   #11

I was very mild in my last post on the subject. I too am absolutely shocked and disgusted with the Club, to allow him out on loan until January. All I can think is that there is someone lined up, or I hope there is. This is not the best way to encourage new fans through the door. I just hope the move dos'nt back fire on them, and we start going downhill again, we seemed to be just coming to terms with this League. Where is the ambition?
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 10:57   #12

I am stunned - especially after witnessing that great second goal at Torquay on Saturday.

When does this loan period start ? Can't we at least keep him till after the Walsall match on Saturday ? He is one of our best hopes for scoring against the League leaders and a win over them would be a real feather in our caps !

I am sure it is a great thing for Gary and good luck to him - but I am shellshocked !!!
Urban Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 10:58   #13

Heres a nightmare for you. Suppose Doherty has been groomed for just this as Garys replacement.
Old 17-10-2006, 11:03   #14

I can't believe they let him go...!!! Our top scorer??? I don't understand....

Good Luck Gary, I hope all goes well for you
AccyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 11:03   #15
God Member

There's no way on earth Sean Doherty can fill Gary's boots, he's improving but he's just not ready for that.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..