Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-10-2006, 14:05   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Gary Roberts Gone!!!!!!!!!

On ipswich towns website it say's '' i had just finished training when i recived a call from my AGENT saying pack you stuff you are goin ipswich.

i thought eric didnt deal with agents.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-10-2006, 14:09   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson
i thought eric didnt deal with agents.
...but Ipswich probably do.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 14:14   #48
God Member

I wish him or any of the players well where ever they go, I don't think we have a direct replacement for Gary though, just hope the club have something planned and soon. Think its more a case of bad timing than anything else, no-one likes to see the best players leave but you can't blame anyone for wanting to better their career can you. Just hope the club aren't just cashing in and not planning on getting a replacement.

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 14:24   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone
10th in the league. ready to attack the playoff spot and we get rid of our leading goal scorer and one of our best players.

But you don't think we just shot ourselves in the foot?

I am in Rishton and I heard the gun go off from here LOL
get ur facts right before stirring the sh17.....9th .in the lg.

personally i wouldnt have allowed it to happen,but its not my or anybodys elses choice but the managers and chairman...if they feel it right for the club then so be it...im in no doubt that the club will ahve received a fee off ipswich for the loan period (although at this stage it wont help as no-one can be signed)

good luck to the lad is what i say.. and dont forget if it does go tits up he'l be back in jan

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 14:28   #50
God Member

Fishy site updated, seems like they are looking to get someone in before Sat

www.ubuntu.com

Old 17-10-2006, 14:29   #51
Resting in Peace

It's the same sick feeling I had when Anthony Barry left us last year. It had to happen some time - lets just get on with it and get behind the lads tonight. What an opportunity for Andy Mangan to grab a regular starting place, alongside Mully, hopefully, even if he is unfortunately injured at the moment. He should be like a coiled spring, ready to explode on the scene!
Not Dohery, please.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 14:38   #52
God Member

Just been back on the fishy site and the answer to my question - can't we at least keep him till after Saturday - has been answered. Gary's gone and will play for Ipswich tonight against Preston. Good luck Gary mate
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 14:43   #53

Can't help thinking there may be a little more to this than meets the eye. Obviously a player with ambition and difficult to hold on to. As for a replacement, the statement seems to suggest that there is already someone waiting in the wings (oops). As for the "can't sign anyone until January" stuff, totally wrong. What bigger "emergency" could you have if you have lost your top scorer (goalkeepers apart) albeit that the "emergency" is self-afflicted. The so-called transfer window is a loads of ballcocks and every club is window-shopping so to speak.

Anyone heard of one of these "emergency" loans being blocked by the FA???? I think they positively encouraged side-stepping the regs because they have been forced upon them by those "above" The whole darned thing needs rubbing out and starting again.

SimonStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 14:54   #54
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I need to calm down and weigh this up before posting a response that doesn't include a lot of swear words.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 14:57   #55

From a Tractor Boy Red... What can I say, I don't know whether to laugh or cry!! It's a shame that Accy have lost his services for a few months but I think he will solve a lot of our left wing troubles down 'ere. I am a bit miffed that Coley has not negotiated one of our players coming up as a replacement. Gaz is straight into the squad against Preston tonight and will let you now if he gets on as going to the match.

Sure Stanley will get a good result tonight.. Laters
Marty71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 15:00   #56

Ps We will look after him, I think it will be a bit of a culture shock when he walks out of the tunnel tonight for the warm-up. I will try and grab a word with him and let you know what he has to say..

Tractor Boy Red
Marty71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 15:05   #57
God Member

Does anyone on here know much about football finances? I would assume that because the transfer window does not open until January, the only financial gain to Stanley will be in terms of saving on Gary's pay roll cost. Whether that is directly reimbursed by Ipswich or whether he goes directly on the Ipswich payroll, I don't know. Maybe someone else would like to comment on that.

It would seem, therefore, that the disadvantage is to Stanley, simply given the loss of his talent especially if it is for the next 11 weeks or so. However, if Gary is off the bench at Ipswich and successfully scoring, then his value at point of transfer becomes all the more greater, should that occur .

There is of course, one final consideration; should he have been denied the loan arrangement, what affect would that have had on his game for Accy? Would he have continued to play as well? At the end of the day, it is a case of the bean-counters wanting to realise the best value for the assets of the club versus the players committment to the club and his careers prospects.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 15:15   #58
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H
Fishy site updated, seems like they are looking to get someone in before Sat
We have supposed to be getting someone in soon and signing a back up for Mully for longer than we have been waiting for a roof. Believe it when we see it. We have been in talks with a Premiership striker, a Championship striker, a League One striker and probably every striker in the Country according to reports, but we have yet to see somebody arrive.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2006, 15:17   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF
We have supposed to be getting someone in soon and signing a back up for Mully for longer than we have been waiting for a roof. Believe it when we see it. We have been in talks with a Premiership striker, a Championship striker, a League One striker and probably every striker in the Country according to reports, but we have yet to see somebody arrive.
I know, but this time i'm hoping that they mean it and something does happen

www.ubuntu.com

Old 17-10-2006, 15:22   #60
Senior Member+

Get over it guys and gals, the deal has been done and dusted and there is not a thing we can do. My feeling is that a deal has already been struck and come January, we will get a fee for Gary Roberts. I for one do NOT expect to see him back here unless he is playing for the opposition. Yes, he was a good player, just like Brett and Anthony Barry and the rest, Coley has a shrewd mind and we have got to trust him, especially now!!! Stanley WILL survive without Gary Roberts and he will be missed but if as otghers have said, Eric has got a built in sell on clause as I believe he will, then whatever we get in January maybe chicken feed if Ipswich then sell him on for 7 figures.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..