Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2007, 16:50   #16
God Member

Re: john coleman

we should have done a deal with a major suplier last season when everybody was excited about stanley comuing when we were on the news just at the right time thats why we should have had an expierenced merchandiser if we do get a following in china have we got merchandise and know how to get it there
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-01-2007, 16:56   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
if we do get a following in china have we got merchandise and know how to get it there

I would think most of it will be made there
Old 14-01-2007, 17:16   #18
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Bagpuss, firstly, who exactly are you expecting Eric to sell up TO?

And, secondly, although I'm highly critical of the club's merchandising policy, I think you're being somewhat unfair on Rob. Think it's more a case of what Macca says - 6 people doing the jobs of 16. Time for Eric to take a few more backroom boys on?
Firstly how do you know that he has not had offers?
Secondly because as you say I'm being unfair are you saying I should shut up in case I upset someone. Whatever opinions anyone has now is the time for talking because if we turn into mice we will be discussing next season what went wrong and who was to blame whilst watching Conference football.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 17:42   #19
God Member

if somebody said that you weren't running your house appropriately should you sell it? or that you dont use your car enough you should pass it along to somebody who will?

Eric has taken us up the equivalent of three rungs along the ladder, if we have to take another backward step to acheive long term stability then so be it! But there is nothing yet set in stone that we will be in the conference next season. Its football these things happen, we support Stanley because we dont want prima donna footballers on high wages, we dont want to sit in magnificent yet uncharacteristic stadia.

Accrington Stanley are everything that epitomises British sport. We struggle, its always going to be a struggle. There are thirty people who contribute regularly on here about how things should be done, but how many of them actively try to do something? You could attend an OSC meeting and suggest an idea of how we can improve things. If we made enough fundraising in a year we could pay a full time staffie for example. We could buy the facility with which to maximise the potential of a given idea. If all the contributors from here came along, along with the existing people we would have a far healthier Supporters Club and could then start eulogising about how the football club should do things.

The people of Accrington aren't bothered about the club, the vast majority of Supporters seemingly aren't bothered, the staff are too busy to be bothered. As and when the club can afford to expand the various under performing facets of its business I am sure they will.
Old 14-01-2007, 17:56   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
if somebody said that you weren't running your house appropriately should you sell it? or that you dont use your car enough you should pass it along to somebody who will?

Eric has taken us up the equivalent of three rungs along the ladder, if we have to take another backward step to acheive long term stability then so be it! But there is nothing yet set in stone that we will be in the conference next season. Its football these things happen, we support Stanley because we dont want prima donna footballers on high wages, we dont want to sit in magnificent yet uncharacteristic stadia.

Accrington Stanley are everything that epitomises British sport. We struggle, its always going to be a struggle. There are thirty people who contribute regularly on here about how things should be done, but how many of them actively try to do something? You could attend an OSC meeting and suggest an idea of how we can improve things. If we made enough fundraising in a year we could pay a full time staffie for example. We could buy the facility with which to maximise the potential of a given idea. If all the contributors from here came along, along with the existing people we would have a far healthier Supporters Club and could then start eulogising about how the football club should do things.

The people of Accrington aren't bothered about the club, the vast majority of Supporters seemingly aren't bothered, the staff are too busy to be bothered. As and when the club can afford to expand the various under performing facets of its business I am sure they will.
i agree with some of your points . but your not going to attract people with a job that is funded by a supporters club when funding can run out at any time .if we did get relagated this season whats not going to stop us getting relagated again the conference is getting stronger with many teams spending big bucks you shouldnt pre judge people you dont know if they contribute anything some people like to do it quietly,about hte people of accrington not botherd the club hasnt exactly tried like i said many moons ago if the people dont go the club the club should go to the people like have a main shop in the town centre it could be sustainible by offering free sponsorship deals .anyway we are stanley and always will be ........
Old 14-01-2007, 18:14   #21

Quote:

What exactly does Eric have to sell ??? a few stands (No pitch) and a brand name worth what !!! at this point i'd love to say millions but in reality not much i'm afraid, when you consider Bury have a very tidy stadium a brand name as good as our's and that went for peanuts

And, secondly, although I'm highly critical of the club's merchandising policy, I think you're being somewhat unfair on Rob. Think it's more a case of what Macca says - 6 people doing the jobs of 16. Time for Eric to take a few more backroom boys on?
Good point this Wynonie... Rob give's of his best it's more staff we need, Joyce has raised the Commercial profile but can't do it on her own !! she needs support. The club shop is ok but way overpriced, the mark up on the current Surridge catologue is very high. What about a sale in the club shop ??

Re Coley he to needs support somebody with league experience, i know some of you will give me greif here but we could do a lot worse than ask Stan Ternent to help... at least he has contacts.
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 18:51   #22
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Firstly how do you know that he has not had offers?
Secondly because as you say I'm being unfair are you saying I should shut up in case I upset someone. Whatever opinions anyone has now is the time for talking because if we turn into mice we will be discussing next season what went wrong and who was to blame whilst watching Conference football.
And how do you know that he has had offers? Care to give us the details?

As for the second point, there's a world of difference between opinions, even of the highly critical variety, and the sort of innuendos that you regularly indulge in. Firstly, you started casting doubt on the club's gate figures. Then Rob called your bluff by offering to show you the club's electronic counting system which apparently you declined. Then, you started making remarks about the club's impending involvement in a court case. Again, when challenged to give more details, you said you didn't want "to get into trouble."

So come on, Bagpuss, tell us here and now all the hard facts behind your remarks...

No, thought not. Squeak, squeak!
Old 14-01-2007, 19:19   #23
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
And how do you know that he has had offers? Care to give us the details?

As for the second point, there's a world of difference between opinions, even of the highly critical variety, and the sort of innuendos that you regularly indulge in. Firstly, you started casting doubt on the club's gate figures. Then Rob called your bluff by offering to show you the club's electronic counting system which apparently you declined. Then, you started making remarks about the club's impending involvement in a court case. Again, when challenged to give more details, you said you didn't want "to get into trouble."

So come on, Bagpuss, tell us here and now all the hard facts behind your remarks...

No, thought not. Squeak, squeak!
If we ever meet I will have a chat but there is no way I'm stupid enough to write anything down but lets get this straight they are not innuendos.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 19:27   #24

The people of Accrington aren't bothered about the club, the vast majority of Supporters seemingly aren't bothered, the staff are too busy to be bothered.

Nail. head, hit the the on......
Rearrange as you will!!!!!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 19:56   #25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
If we ever meet I will have a chat but there is no way I'm stupid enough to write anything down but lets get this straight they are not innuendos.
Not much more to say then, is there Bagpuss? You say they're not innuendoes, but you won't give us the facts. So, there was never much point in bringing them up in the first place.
Old 14-01-2007, 20:20   #26

Quote:

But another 10 'backroom boys' will cost another 200k per year minimum...... can we afford that????
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 20:34   #27
Super Moderator

Well, maybe not ten! A couple might help to increase revenue streams to such an extent that they pay for themsleves and bring in some much-needed extra revenue too!
Old 14-01-2007, 21:19   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
The people of Accrington aren't bothered about the club, the vast majority of Supporters seemingly aren't bothered, the staff are too busy to be bothered.

Nail. head, hit the the on......
Rearrange as you will!!!!!!
I live in Bury and... The people of Bury couldnt give a damm about the football club which i think is a shame they have a decent team and very nice stadium.

Apathy
Money
The list is endless........
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 21:27   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give us the old gree View Post
I live in Bury and... The people of Bury couldnt give a damm about the football club which i think is a shame they have a decent team and very nice stadium.

Apathy
Money
The list is endless........
Good point - I live in Wigan and they cannot fill their stadium for the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea or Liverpool - all class acts in the Premiership. So if teams like this can't fill their grounds, and the Dingles are also complaining of low crowds as are Blackburn et al, what chance have we!!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 21:34   #30
God Member

1.well why dont we set up a different company like with the name official stanley products set up in a shop downtown with two workers
2.get some deals with online supply chains even marks and sparks
3.hit ebay big time set up an ebay shop

1.going to the people of accrington creating an interest to people that dont usually go to stanley
2 creating more interest getting people to buy a nuetral team nobody hates stanley
3.people who just browsing the internet and want a stanley top just order off ebay or the club shop link on the internet

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..