Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2007, 22:38   #46
God Member

Re: john coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
But do we, as fans, really believe that with our low crowds, poor facilities etc that we might shoot through the pyramid ala Wimbledon. Oxford got a 12,000 crowdon Boxing Day in Non League we are paupers in comparison & should be proud of every minute in the League.

Crticism, suggestions, comments etc are fine but calling for the heads of our most successful chairman, manager & Rob Heys (who shared a terrace with many of us whilst in non league obscurity) is wrong wrong wrong IMHO

These people aren't faceless suits in a Premiership plc, they Accy fans with the best interest of our club at heart. They make mistakes, we all do. But criticism of this personal kind is for the Premier League fans with unrealistic targets & watered down passion.

We can all do our bit * we must continue till the good times roll again
You're right in all that you say, but the question burning in the minds of a lot of Accy fans right now is whether or not we want to sacrifice sentimentality & loyalty for the sake of staying in the league.
For me, new personnel must be brought in if we are to survive. However I believe that calling for the head of Eric Whalley is somewhat disrespectful.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-01-2007, 22:45   #47
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I have links with Accrington itself ( obviously because I live here lol ) and therefore friends who are Stanley supporters. However as a supporter of another team I wouldn't buy Stanley merchandise unless it's a present for a Stanley fan. I'm not quite sure why a non-supporter would do that unless they collect football memorabilia
I live in the Manchester area and, over the years, I've lost count of the number of United/City fans in the local who've asked me to get 'em Stanley stuff. One bloke even wanted a shirt but mainly it's been bits and bobs - pennants, badges etc. Years ago, the club produced a humorous T-shirt which featured a cartoon of a Stanley player (Paul Beck?) supping a pint of lager with the line "I'm In Training for Accrington Stanley". Wore it in the pub the first night and I walked out with orders for six more! Jokey, lighthearted stuff like this could sell well, because our name still does hold a fascination for people. OK, it won't solve our major funding problems, but every little helps!
Old 14-01-2007, 22:45   #48
Senior Member+

Charlton fans called for Curb's head last year citing "he'd taken them as far as he could" they got there wish & will be playing Burnley & maybe even Oldham next year

In Coleman We Trust!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 22:48   #49

It was Grimmy on the t shirt and it would be fantastic if they reproduced it - mines now being used to clean the windows!!!!
Paper Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 22:51   #50
Super Moderator

That's it. Grimmy! Cracking T-shirt! Mine fell to bits in the end!
Old 14-01-2007, 22:53   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I live in the Manchester area and, over the years, I've lost count of the number of United/City fans in the local who've asked me to get 'em Stanley stuff. One bloke even wanted a shirt but mainly it's been bits and bobs - pennants, badges etc. Years ago, the club produced a humorous T-shirt which featured a cartoon of a Stanley player (Paul Beck?) supping a pint of lager with the line "I'm In Training for Accrington Stanley". Wore it in the pub the first night and I walked out with orders for six more! Jokey, lighthearted stuff like this could sell well, because our name still does hold a fascination for people. OK, it won't solve our major funding problems, but every little helps!
I'm actually looking at setting up a business printing stuff like that and all the other 'tat' that people buy. I can see a market here

I would guess the problem the club has is having to order things in sufficient quantities that they can get the stuff made but the fear then is that they may not sell it all. Wouldn't it be good if they had a nice friendly supplier who could supply small runs almost on a made to order basis so they wouldn't end up with unsold stock. Isn't market research great
Old 14-01-2007, 23:02   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
I think its friggin disgusting for so called fans to call for the head of Eric, John or Rob. They all live & breathe this club & got us in the League in the first place.

Of course we could do more, but we had "recruitment drives" in town & a handful came (the list never included Bagpuss, Cmonstanley etc etc)

The people you mock online are all in thebar after the game if you want answers / have suggestions then sort it out.

This is our most successful season EVER, for @@@@'s sake
im not calling for anybodys head im just having a rant and giving the club ideas ive never called for anybodys head im ****ed off what happened yesterday where does it say im calling for anybodys head recruitment drives are alright but what we need is a permenant presence in the town to remind them they have a team . and if you read what it says at the start of this thread i never called for colemans head i said the reason why certain players are complacent is they know coley wont get sacked and their places are safe so there you go
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 23:05   #53
God Member

Cmonstanley read my post (post 43) , partly directed at you, and respond
Old 14-01-2007, 23:11   #54
God Member

ill answer you tomorrow off to bed got an early rise and somethings to check out
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 23:24   #55

J C is totally aware of the position he & the club are in & told several players in his bollocking after the game they were not good enough & to buck up or go & others were also castigated for a poor performance. Next week will see his response as there are potentially at least four players to be signed up. Watch the club news. Dismissal of a manager at this stage is an admission of a board of directors that they are panicky & not many benefit by hasty exits, the likes of Macclesfield are few & far between. There are some ex managers, sat twiddling their thumbs, who could be brought in as advisors to help Coley, with good player contacts & experience at league level that would do the club no harm whatsoever. Peterborough weren't as shy with Big Ron last season! Just the prat of a reserve! manager that wouldn't listen to experience & he paid the price.
Old 15-01-2007, 00:27   #56

Evnin all i have been reading everything on the forum with interest for about the last month without posting ie tranfers in and out JC and EW in and out poor crowds, no f in roof the list goes on and on,ASFC is never gonna be a chelsea,arsenal or man u money wise but accrington stanley is known world wide, i have travelled quite a lot this year and worn my stanley shirt with pride and lost count of the people that have stopped and wanted to talk stanley.
Eric and John have done fantastic things with the club both on and off the field and we as supporters should be proud and not asking for heads to roll ok we have a few problems on the squad front at the moment but there is time left to sort it and i,m sure when we find our feet again we will be soaring with the eagles,even though we have had a poor run we can hold our own in this league as i have not seen one team at the FES this season that we could not have beaten
The problems we have have many root causes and will not be solved overnight ie the transfer in and out situation the lower league clubs have been and always will be a breeding ground for the talent of the future and as stanley have found if you have a good un your not gonna keep him for more than a couple of seasons.As for players coming in and the so called low wages we pay i don,t call 27 grand exactly being on the bread line for what boils down to 90 mins serious work a week.
Regarding the crowds well as said before this town is full of apathy everybody jumpin on the band wagon including the council when things were good and now they cant get off fast enough, from what i have seen and read i think if asfc went under tomorrow only 1600 or so loyal fans would cry in their beer this town do,es not deserve stanley, remember last season big gates, open top tour of the town, civic reception where are they all now, one thing i am glad about is that EW did not take up the freedom of the borough offer i would gladly ring HBC tomorrow on behalf of stanley and tell them to stick it right were the sun don,t shine they have had a perfect opportunity to back the pride of lancashire and what have they done NOTHING, heres an idea instead of spending a small fortune of tax payers money on broadway and the market hall in the hope attracting a better class of pound shop why not give some money to stanley to put a roof over the clayton end, some bloody hope, even better idea sack a couple of councillers and save their big fat salaries and we could have a roof for both ends HBC and so called suporters of the reds you are a disgrace.
Anyway now i have got some of that of my chest i,m ready for tuesday standing on the clayton end having some light hearted banter with the visiting keeper in the wind and rain,im also ready for next season in leauge two or not, because i support ACCRINGTON STANLEY the club that would not(and will not) die
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 17:22   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
The Open Day is going ahead without the support of the Ultras,
Old 15-01-2007, 17:41   #58
God Member

sorry John, that post was meant to say seemingly without. In lieu of having had no feedback from the Ultra site
Old 15-01-2007, 17:49   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
The OSC has moved on from Unibond organisation, what we need is people to now turn up and offer their help and their ideas at the next meeting.
Would that be Monday 5th Feb? In the Sportsbar? @ 7 ish?

[Not promising, but this forum's getting too difficult to follow. ]

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 18:08   #60
God Member

week after Oggy, the 12. Always the 2nd monday of the month unless needs changing for other reasons

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..