Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2007, 21:35   #31
God Member

Re: john coleman

ohh a forgot if it dont work just declare the company bankrupt
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-01-2007, 21:37   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
1.well why dont we set up a different company like with the name official stanley products set up in a shop downtown with two workers
2.get some deals with online supply chains even marks and sparks
3.hit ebay big time set up an ebay shop

1.going to the people of accrington creating an interest to people that dont usually go to stanley
2 creating more interest getting people to buy a nuetral team nobody hates stanley
3.people who just browsing the internet and want a stanley top just order off ebay or the club shop link on the internet

How long have you been in business ?

Are there really any nuetral teams in football. If you are a football fan you generally tend to support a team.
Old 14-01-2007, 21:49   #33
God Member

plus send the odd top to the top music bands they might make it a trend to wear stanley tops
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 22:01   #34
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Are there really any nuetral teams in football. If you are a football fan you generally tend to support a team.
There are a lot of football fans who support other clubs who have an affection and interest in Stanley. I know that from living outside the area. It's these people who might well be prepared to pick up some item of Stanley merchandise if it was more widely advertised.
Old 14-01-2007, 22:09   #35
Senior Member+

I think its friggin disgusting for so called fans to call for the head of Eric, John or Rob. They all live & breathe this club & got us in the League in the first place.

Of course we could do more, but we had "recruitment drives" in town & a handful came (the list never included Bagpuss, Cmonstanley etc etc)

The people you mock online are all in thebar after the game if you want answers / have suggestions then sort it out.

This is our most successful season EVER, for @@@@'s sake

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 22:11   #36

[quote=Give us the old gree;367579] The club shop is ok but way overpriced, the mark up on the current Surridge catologue is very high. What about a sale in the club shop ??
quote]

Never mind a sale, a full on Asda Roll back.
I know several people who wanted kids Stanley shirts and ended up buying replica primadonnaship shirts off the market cos they were £20 cheaper. I think Macca will echo this, the greatest pride of the moment is to see the youngsters of Accy wearing Stanley Red, wanting to be Paul Mullin or Toddy instead of Gerrard or Beckham. The Stanley Kids shirts should be dirt cheap (even sold at a loss as a lost leader) kids is da future, kids should be free into matches with a paying adult, for every fiver you lose on a kid you could make 5 £13s from adults who think it better value. Why do kids stop being kids at 13 or whatever, d`ya think they got more money cos I think they got less. under 12 you`re probably going accompanied 13 - 16 year olds might go by themselves. So many tickets per home game should be given away to people who wouldn`t normally come what would be lost there`s still room.

I`ll echo Macca now, more people should be taking your comments from here and getting your Rsez down to the OSC meetings. The OSC is a different animal now, keen for action and forward thinking. It still needs many more people to add weight to it so that the (more sensible) issues raised here can be taken to the club and dealt with. I can fully understand that some of you are disillusioned with the OSC of the past but the future`s bright it`s Red and White. Its up to doers not moaners, whinging on here aint really gonna change much (except upset Rob Heys who`s probably working hard and worrying a lot more than you) spending a bit of energy on something you believe in will. If you don`t believe change and progress are possible you probably just don`t believe full stop. It`s not just an Accy thing it`s an English thing unfortunately.

Don`t think I think everyone`s got every minute of their spare time to devote to Stanley, I certainly don`t but my little bit and your little bit can be a whole lot of little bits that count for a lot.

This forum is a wonderful place for airing opinions and grievances but it`s not the be all and end all, it`s gotta be taken somewhere and made real or you might as well leave your complaints on your own answering machine.

I love you
I love Accyweb
I love Stanley

LUV
Z

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 22:12   #37
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
I think its friggin disgusting for so called fans to call for the head of Eric, John or Rob. They all live & breathe this club & got us in the League in the first place.
At last! The voice of reason!
Old 14-01-2007, 22:15   #38

Shoot !

While writing that post I first burnt my pizza then let it go cold

Shoot again !

www.panjenix.co.uk
Old 14-01-2007, 22:16   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
plus send the odd top to the top music bands they might make it a trend to wear stanley tops
I certainly do

www.panjenix.co.uk
Old 14-01-2007, 22:21   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I certainly do
He said "top" not "toss"

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 14-01-2007, 22:22   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
It is definitely wrong to completely disregard Eric's achievments, he and the directors have got this club back into the football league which was a pipe dream not too long ago.
However I don't think it's wrong to want the club you support and put hard earned money into to sustain their success.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 22:31   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
It is definitely wrong to completely disregard Eric's achievments, he and the directors have got this club back into the football league which was a pipe dream not too long ago.
However I don't think it's wrong to want the club you support and put hard earned money into to sustain their success.
But do we, as fans, really believe that with our low crowds, poor facilities etc that we might shoot through the pyramid ala Wimbledon. Oxford got a 12,000 crowdon Boxing Day in Non League we are paupers in comparison & should be proud of every minute in the League.

Crticism, suggestions, comments etc are fine but calling for the heads of our most successful chairman, manager & Rob Heys (who shared a terrace with many of us whilst in non league obscurity) is wrong wrong wrong IMHO

These people aren't faceless suits in a Premiership plc, they Accy fans with the best interest of our club at heart. They make mistakes, we all do. But criticism of this personal kind is for the Premier League fans with unrealistic targets & watered down passion.

We can all do our bit * we must continue till the good times roll again

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 14-01-2007, 22:31   #43
God Member

Zero,

thanks for airing some of my thoughts regarding kids/prices/osc.

A lot of people come on here airing thoughts this that and the other but then sit back expecting things to be done.

OSC as far as I am concerned has been a loss leader, we have spoken a lot about how things must change (minutes of last meeting still to be publicised but revolution of sorts is on the way), we are only now starting to see the fruits of our labour in any way shape or form. The Open Day is going ahead without the support of the Ultras, without the support of most from the OSC, without the support of most on this website. Membership still consists of more from non-Hyndburn than from within Hyndburn.

Before people start slagging the club for lack of effort are you making any effort? Or do you just want to turn up and watch the game and then pick fault?

I have emails from people all over the country offering help and assistance with whatever they can, I have an offer on the table from somebody in Devon ffs to aid with the membership! How many people in Accrington want to help? This club has the potential to really ruffle feathers but too many people who think they are important have too much to say but not enough to offer. Put up or shut up.

The OSC has moved on from Unibond organisation, what we need is people to now turn up and offer their help and their ideas at the next meeting. Cmonstanley, you always have a lot to offer, will you be there? If you think we should have a shop in the town centre then expand on the idea, talk with the powers that be ..... how much is rent ...... can you do it cheaper ..... how do we pay the rent to make it viable ....... can the OSC provide merchandise ..... can ASFC provide merchandise ..... can we run coaches from it ...... ebay ...... etc etc etc ....

Rather than purely criticism, try to bring solution as well. If cost is 500 a week but we can make 1000 then its a goer, if not then that is why ASFC do not already have a shop in the town centre. I f you can make work then you will have mine and no doubt the OSC and ASFC backing
Old 14-01-2007, 22:35   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
There are a lot of football fans who support other clubs who have an affection and interest in Stanley. I know that from living outside the area. It's these people who might well be prepared to pick up some item of Stanley merchandise if it was more widely advertised.
I have links with Accrington itself ( obviously because I live here lol ) and therefore friends who are Stanley supporters. However as a supporter of another team I wouldn't buy Stanley merchandise unless it's a present for a Stanley fan. I'm not quite sure why a non-supporter would do that unless they collect football memorabilia.

There was at the end of last season a sentimental thing about Stanley returning to the football league. Personally I think it was a one off for obvious reasons. If you went down this season and came back 2 or 3 years later I don't think that sentimentality would be anywhere near the same level.

I'm not convinced that those who do support other teams but have that bit of affection and interest for Stanley would actually put their money in their pockets and buy the stuff. Of course some would but IMHO I think the moment has gone for when that commercial gravy train pulled out of the station.

Somebody earlier in the thread for me summed up the biggest problems Stanley have got ( just as we have at Burnley) Apathy & Money. If you could trade in the enthusiasm of some of you diehards on here for some of the apathy and money, gates and commercial spin offs wouldn't be a problem.

And no I don't know what the answers are to solve it all either apart from somehow stopping the big clubs getting bigger and distributing the income from football a lot fairer than it is now.
Old 14-01-2007, 22:36   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
The Open Day is going ahead without the support of the Ultras
Like the parade, the painting of teh CE & the recruitment drive I'm sure that when you need bodies that you'll have plenty of help Macca

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..