Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2008, 21:11   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Kenny Arthur

kenny is the man - now go and buy his gloves.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-05-2008, 22:39   #17
God Member

Sentimentally I love Jamo but his punch outs had me cringing every time...

But really glad we have Kenny now

but who knows what could have happened if poor stuart hadn't been forced to retire through injury I thought he was absolute class in the short time he was with us and was gutted when i heard he had made the difficult decision to retire

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 18:19   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I wasn't being sentimental, and I was excluding loaned players. How on earth can you put Bav above Jamo??
Simple. Dunbavin is a better keeper than Jamo.
Jamo is a great bloke and saw us through some good days, but at the end of the day he is/was a non-league keeper. You can't fairly mention him in the same breath as Kenny Arthur who could probably do a good job in the Championship.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 20:21   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Simple. Dunbavin is a better keeper than Jamo.
Jamo is a great bloke and saw us through some good days, but at the end of the day he is/was a non-league keeper. You can't fairly mention him in the same breath as Kenny Arthur who could probably do a good job in the Championship.
Jamo was non league only because we couldn't make it worthwhile for him to go full time. I don't buy the argument that non-league keepers can't play in the league, just as you don't think Kenny couldn't play at a higher level. Are you saying that there are no keepers in the Conference better than any in the league?
If not, then Bav v. Jamo is just a matter of opinion, then.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 20:38   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Jamo was non league only because we couldn't make it worthwhile for him to go full time. I don't buy the argument that non-league keepers can't play in the league, just as you don't think Kenny couldn't play at a higher level. Are you saying that there are no keepers in the Conference better than any in the league?
If not, then Bav v. Jamo is just a matter of opinion, then.
I wasn't saying that 'no non-league keeper can make it in the league'. I was stating that in my opinion, Jamo found his level in the non-league game and couldn't have gone higher.
Again, at the end of the day it is just my opinion, but I thought that when Dunbavin was getting decent coaching from Ian Wilcock and had a good run between the sticks, he seemed for the most part a more than competent league 'keeper. I think he gets a lot of stick undeservedly. That's why I put Bavs over Jamo in my list.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 22:32   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I wasn't saying that 'no non-league keeper can make it in the league'. I was stating that in my opinion, Jamo found his level in the non-league game and couldn't have gone higher.
Again, at the end of the day it is just my opinion, but I thought that when Dunbavin was getting decent coaching from Ian Wilcock and had a good run between the sticks, he seemed for the most part a more than competent league 'keeper. I think he gets a lot of stick undeservedly. That's why I put Bavs over Jamo in my list.
Fair enough!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 12:26   #22
Full Member+

King Kenny hasn't been without his dodgy moments, who wouldn't with our defence in front of him ? He's only human , but without doubt he's the best keeper we've got
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 15:45   #23

We're looking to sign a goalkeeper........
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 18:16   #24
Full Member+

I know of one we could let you have, but (a) it ain't Kenny, and (b) you've already had a look at him before... and he wasn't good enough for you then!
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 21:22   #25
God Member

back to Kenny, i just found out who his new next door neighbour is gonna be. He may be requesting a transfer after all!!!!!

(its nobody on here BTW)
Old 14-05-2008, 11:00   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
back to Kenny, i just found out who his new next door neighbour is gonna be. He may be requesting a transfer after all!!!!!

(its nobody on here BTW)
So go on, spill the beans or are you going to having hanging in suspense or is this a competition to guess the neighbour?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2008, 11:07   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
So go on, spill the beans or are you going to having hanging in suspense or is this a competition to guess the neighbour?
That's not a bad idea - at least it would pass some time away till the start of next season - is anyone else bored yet?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2008, 11:24   #28
Senior Member+

yeh am bord nothing to talk about no news about who we signed or anything like that nothing to look foward to on saturdays now!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2008, 18:43   #29

King Arthur is class. Sheer class. That one handed save against Peterborough a la David Seaman against Sheffield United confirmed it fr me.
Old 15-05-2008, 16:28   #30

what about the times Ian kept us in games , think Kenny is nowt spec . his kicking is awful and he punches like a ferret with his balls removed . wouldnt bother me if he left .
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..