Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2008, 16:53   #31
Full Member+

Re: Kenny Arthur

Dunbavin - good shot stopper, full-stop. Not even a good Conference standard keeper.
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-05-2008, 17:02   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
So go on, spill the beans or are you going to having hanging in suspense or is this a competition to guess the neighbour?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
That's not a bad idea - at least it would pass some time away till the start of next season - is anyone else bored yet?

sorry guys, like I said its nobody on here. Its a lad I work with who has form (as a five year old) for twice burning his house down!! Kenny will have to be careful he doesn't lose any matches .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechemode View Post
what about the times Ian kept us in games , think Kenny is nowt spec . his kicking is awful and he punches like a ferret with his balls removed . wouldnt bother me if he left .
Kennys punching and kicking are infinitely better than Bav's. Bavs is a tremendous shot stopper but his punching and kicking invited so many follow up shots that it was unreal. What about how many times was Bavs rooted to his line when crosses flew in the six yard box? Kenny comes and Kenny claims - end of story.
Old 15-05-2008, 17:20   #33

like bury fans sang to kenny ' you fat b######' . Ian was looking better with run in team . should have stayed in team but as always coleman kicked sand in his face .
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 17:25   #34
God Member

Dunbavin shouldn't even have been in the side as long as he was. As soon as the mistakes started Fearon should have had a go - otherwise why have him here? The point of a deputy is that they are there to push you or replace you when you start have bad games. Bavs gave goals away, he doesn't claim crosses, he doesn't instruct the defence, he can't punch or kick yet he got the full run until Kenny was fit again.

I like Bavs but for me he is an emergency keeper only.
Old 15-05-2008, 17:28   #35

kenny cant kick or punch , bav needed more support from clayton end not abuse when he made slightest error .
Old 16-05-2008, 16:57   #36
Senior Member+

bav is an average conference goalkeeper - there is no disgrace in that. but he shouldnt be a 1st choice in league 2, just not consistent enough.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2008, 19:24   #37

bit of coaching he will be top . kenny is a average keeper
Old 17-05-2008, 20:27   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechemode View Post
bit of coaching he will be top . kenny is a average keeper

Ah 'The Manual of Delusional Goalkeeping Coaching' by Ova Mihead, i've read that one, but I much prefer 'The All Round Keepers Guide to Good Catching, Shot Stopping and Commanding Your Area' by Winnie A. Lotta.

Whilst Bavs reads the first, Kenny obviously reads the latter.

Kenny is class, Bavs can warm his butt on the bench all season.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 19:23   #39

kenny is not class , overrated scottish keeper .
Old 18-05-2008, 19:30   #40
I am Banned

Sparkie has it right; King Kenny is the ultimate professional and we are so lucky to have him on board.

From the minute he was admitted to A&E in Bradford he was planning his return.

Bavs & Jamo may be top fellas but IMHO they don't match Kenny for the preparation and attention to detail.

Kenny WILL go upwards and onwards, hopefully he'll still be a red
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 22:00   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
Sparkie has it right; King Kenny is the ultimate professional and we are so lucky to have him on board.

From the minute he was admitted to A&E in Bradford he was planning his return.

Bavs & Jamo may be top fellas but IMHO they don't match Kenny for the preparation and attention to detail.

Kenny WILL go upwards and onwards, hopefully he'll still be a red
Nail on the head Sir!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 22:29   #42
Full Member+

DM instead of boringly repeating opinions which NO-ONE shares with you, look at the two keepers' pedigrees, One rejected by Morecambe, Shrewsbury, Halifax and Scarborough - all of whom were operating at Conference level when he was there: the other, 13 years at his first club where he became, and still is, a legend. Need I say more?
Old 18-05-2008, 22:39   #43
Senior Member+

kenny is comfortable at league 2.
any higher and he may struggle.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 07:38   #44
Full Member+

I agree with that, Davo. Kenny is by no means perfect, but he's about 500% better than his No 2!
Old 20-05-2008, 19:50   #45

over rated scottish kipper hands keeper

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..