Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2008, 20:14   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Kenny Arthur

i think bavs should still be given a chance, as if kenny is making mistakes and costing us goals than why shouldnt bavs have a go between the sticks thats what he is there for,

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-05-2008, 21:47   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
i think bavs should still be given a chance, as if kenny is making mistakes and costing us goals than why shouldnt bavs have a go between the sticks thats what he is there for,
While I agree with the principles of the statement above, currently Kenny hasn't been making many mistakes, unlike our seive of a defence. A keeper can only do so much when whats infront of him is at times completely inept!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2008, 21:54   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
He's been magnificent. The best goalkeeper we've ever had by far.

And Sky Sports news have just released the news that....

'KENNY STAYS FOR A FURTHER 12 MONTHS !!!!'

Which can only be GOOD NEWS
for ALL concerned !!!.

'What me worry?' ...Not with Kenny between the sticks I don't !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2008, 21:59   #49
Senior Member+

i thought it was wrong for coley to kick bavs out the side as soon as kenny was fit when bavs had played most of the season and he had been doing quite well between the sticks with the goal keeping coach, like you say A keeper can only do so much when whats infront of him is at times completely inept!!!

Old 20-05-2008, 22:00   #50
God Member

Anyone who sees Kenny as a replaceable or average keeper needs shooting.
If it wasn't for Ken we'd have been relegated with 150+ goals put past us. Simple as.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2008, 22:08   #51
Senior Member+

dunt think it would of been that bad! he didnt play for half the season anyway! and when he did come back we still lost games so, ok defenace aint been good this season but if hes top class than he could of done better! i dont think he was fit enough when he came back at the time he did think he should of stayed out of the first team for abit longer

Old 21-05-2008, 06:36   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post

And Sky Sports news have just released the news that....

'KENNY STAYS FOR A FURTHER 12 MONTHS !!!!'

Which can only be GOOD NEWS for ALL concerned !!!.

'What me worry?' ...Not with Kenny between the sticks I don't !.

One of the Best Signings we will make this Summer

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 08:38   #53
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
i thought it was wrong for coley to kick bavs out the side as soon as kenny was fit when bavs had played most of the season and he had been doing quite well between the sticks with the goal keeping coach, like you say A keeper can only do so much when whats infront of him is at times completely inept!!!
Obviously you don't know who Dunbavin is or you have never watched him play. He cannot organise his defence, he cannot catch a ball, he cannot kick a ball, all in all he is not up to Football League standard. Put him on the transfer list and see who comes in for him. I bet he wouldn't even get a Conference side to sign him. Kenny Arthur is Stanley's number one, and I for one hope that he will be for a long time to come yet.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2008, 04:57   #54

if kenny is that good why is he here and not playing at higher standard???he is a average keeper .
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2008, 08:36   #55
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechemode View Post
if kenny is that good why is he here and not playing at higher standard???he is a average keeper .
So what you are saying is that anyone who plays for Stanley cannot be that good or they wouldn't be playing for us. He may be an average keeper in your mind but if he is then that makes Dunbavin below average. Just out of interest who would you have as Stanley's number one keeper?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2008, 12:58   #56

kenny came here to put himself in shop window because he is a above average keeper in scotland but down here he his average . I would play Ian from start , we have no leader in centre of defence thats were the problems lie . Kenny didnt win us games , how many times did Ian keep us in games ? Ian made mistakes but so did Kenny .
Old 25-05-2008, 20:34   #57

Even though i dont think Bav`s can be blamed for a lot of our defeats i would still have to agree that Kenny is by far and away a lot better keeper, when Bav`s is between the sticks i always get nervous when the ball comes anywhere near him, ok he can stop a shot, but he can not command his area at cross`s or corners. I never thought Kenny would still be here for next season so i`m over the moon that he`s staying, Stanley`s no1 as far as i`m concerned.
But this is just my opinion.,
Old 25-05-2008, 22:38   #58
Senior Member+

bavs is a good 2nd choice - but has been given countless chances and overall has fallen short.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2008, 23:05   #59
God Member

Kenny is not only the ultimate professional, but also takes the fans to heart, remember when the fans from partick came down, he made sure he met them all after the match and spent time chatting to them. End of season do, he was the only first team player that stayed to practically the end and only player to join the osc.

And he has been saying way before the end of the season, that he wanted to stay at stanley

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2008, 16:26   #60

only reason he is staying is because no one wants him . true pro ?? I remember him having a bit of a slnging match with some fans behind goal . It was late on in season but cant remember which game it was .

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..