Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2008, 20:52   #1

Kenny Arthur

Just wondering how his first season was down there, I know he had the injury but overall how do rate his performances?
PTFC27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-05-2008, 21:07   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Kenny Arthur

This says it all really:
Re: Website Player Of The Year?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ok, we have a winner folks and it's Kenny Arthur, with Mully in 2nd place and Leam in 3rd. The prize will be presented to Kenny tomorrow night at the presentation evening. Thanks to all who voted"

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 21:07   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTFC27 View Post
Just wondering how his first season was down there, I know he had the injury but overall how do rate his performances?
He's been magnificent. The best goalkeeper we've ever had by far.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 22:46   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
He doesn't get that title until he saves a shot with his head
<script type="text/javascript">function __RP_Callback_Helper(str, strCallbackEvent, splitSize, func){var event = null;if (strCallbackEvent){event = document.createEvent('Events');event.initEvent(str CallbackEvent, true, true);**if (str && str.length > 0){var splitList = str.split('|');var strCompare = str;if (splitList.length == splitSize)strCompare = splitList[splitSize-1];var pluginList = document.plugins;for (var count = 0; count < pluginList.length; count++){var sSrc = '';if (pluginList[count] && pluginList[count].src)sSrc = pluginList[count].src;if (strCompare.length >= sSrc.length){if (strCompare.indexOf(sSrc) != -1){func(str, count, pluginList, splitList);break;********if (strCallbackEvent)document.body.dispatchEvent(even t);**function __RP_Coord_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Left = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Top = splitList[1];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Right = splitList[2];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Bottom = splitList[3];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-coord-callback', 5, func);**function __RP_Url_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Vid = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Parent = splitList[1];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-url-callback', 3, func);**function __RP_TotalBytes_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback_Bytes = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**function __RP_Connection_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback_Url = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**</script>
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 22:55   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Dunno about that. Jamo was tops for me.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:49   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Dunno about that. Jamo was tops for me.
I was talking about goalkeeping ability rather than sentimentality. As far as ability is concerned there's no question. Kenny Arthur is just another class compared to Jamo.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:51   #7
Senior Member+

Darren Randolph for me

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:59   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Darren Randolph for me
For me, best keepers (ability wise) :

1. Kenny Arthur
2. Stuart Jones
3. Rob Eliot
4. Darren Randolph
5. Bavs
6. David Martin
7. Jamo
8. JK
9. Polish Kaz
10. Fearo
Old 11-05-2008, 11:00   #9

arthar is one of the best in lage 2
it is just a shame the defance are not that good

by Site Admin
chrismuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 14:50   #10

1 david martin (fantastic)
2 robert elliot ( very gd )
3 darren randolph ( gd )
4 kenny arthur (gd )
5 ian dunbavin(ok)
accyfan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 15:58   #11
Senior Member+

As a keeper my list list stands as such

1. Kenny Arthur
2. David Martin
3. Darren Randolph
4. Rob Elliot
5. Stuart Jones
6. Jon Kennedy
7. Jaime Speare

I'm not including Fearo as I believe it's unfair to the lad to put him in the list when he wasn't given a first team chance.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 16:18   #12
Senior Member+

Paul Collings was the best 'keeper we ever had. No contest I'm afraid.
Old 11-05-2008, 16:23   #13
God Member

my order would be

1. Steve Berryman
2. Berti Bossu
3. Paul Crichton.

Seriously though, Rob Elliot would be my personal favourite over the last few years. The sheer number of top saves he made were the difference between top 10 and running away with the title. He made World Class saves every game.

Kenny Arthur has been class though. As mentioned a few times, when crosses come into the box you no longer shudder or wince. He is more than able to make top saves as well (as does every keeper to be fair) but I think his positioning may be suspect. A few weeks ago we conceded about 12 goals in five matches and Coley, the Telegraph and the Observer all commented that we had conceded so many yet Kenny had not been at fault - or could do very little, for any of them. I personally think that a goalkeeper can do something about everything other one off shots such as free kicks or penalties that are put beyond his reach. From open play you can always alter the angle etc so thats why I think his positioning is a bit suspect.

Having said that, when he has been here a couple of seasons or so there is no doubt that we will all come to think of him as the greatest custodian of Stanley goals ever. In the last few decades. Ever.
Old 11-05-2008, 18:53   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I was talking about goalkeeping ability rather than sentimentality. As far as ability is concerned there's no question. Kenny Arthur is just another class compared to Jamo.
I wasn't being sentimental, and I was excluding loaned players. How on earth can you put Bav above Jamo??
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 19:25   #15
God Member

Jamo cant kick
Bavs cant kick or catch

Jamo wins

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..