Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2005, 21:48   #16
God Member

Re: Racism at the IES

hehe i have loads.. they can take mine away all day if they want....
Old 23-02-2005, 21:48   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobsmacked
Isn't karma fun? I lost a couple of points for actually agreeing with the person who deducted them! lmao.
not right bothered about it myself!!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 23-02-2005, 21:54   #18
Senior Member+

You can always give me Karma if you want, im runnin a bit low
Old 23-02-2005, 21:57   #19
God Member

I gave you a bucketload last week... score a hat trick and i will give you some more
Old 23-02-2005, 21:57   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
At least this way you and I, and everyone else, know that OldGobbin deplores racism.
This way it will let the whole league/other leagues know that there is racism in the ground. Fans from other teams will thrive on this talk and spread this around other sites etc. Then other clubs as in the past will think Stanley have an Ultras group, thinking they are racists, and then stereotype every stanley fan as a racist...AND we MOST DEFINATELY ARE NOT!

I think this was the wrong way of going about it, although I see why you have done it.

If the certain people who Olgobbin/TM are accusing are reading, Lets stamp it out weve had enough bad publicity recently we dont want anymore...

Last edited by Smiffy16; 23-02-2005 at 22:04.
Old 23-02-2005, 21:59   #21

The impression I got from the post was that OldGobbin wanted it stamping out.
Old 23-02-2005, 22:00   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiffy16
This way it will let the whole league/other leagues that there is racists in the ground. Fans from other teams will thrive on this talk and spread this around other sites etc. Then other clubs as in the past will think Stanley have an Ultras group, thinking they are racists, and then stereotype every stanley fan as a racist...

I think this was the wrong way of going about it, although I see why you have done it.

If the certain people who Olgobbin/TM are reading, Lets stamp it out weve had enough bad publicity recently we dont want anymore...
No I don't think people will think it is all stanly fans, by the sounds of it this was one idiot that does'nt deserve to be a stanley fan

Miracles do happen!!

Old 23-02-2005, 22:02   #23

Precisely Slinky - and other Stanley fans pointing that out surely show that Stanley fans in general are not racist.
Old 23-02-2005, 22:02   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
I gave you a bucketload last week... score a hat trick and i will give you some more
Well that wil motivate me for the game on Sunday, you will have to take a photo of me celebrating if/when i score 3 on sunday, its already a tenner for hat tricks, and me and smiffy always have a private bet with cammy for a tenner if any of us score a hat trick, so Sunday could be a good day for me - £20 and some karma
Old 23-02-2005, 22:04   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobsmacked
Precisely Slinky - and other Stanley fans pointing that out surely show that Stanley fans in general are not racist.
Can I have karma for my thoughts ???

Miracles do happen!!

Old 23-02-2005, 22:07   #26
Senior Member+

I don't get your last statement smiffy????

Now it is out in cyberspace lets try and put an end to it.

Can anyone suggest who he is??? I never heard anything like Racist comments, but if we all agree that(and we do) this is to stop, lets have a word.. and if it crops up again, lets be man enough to tell him at the game, that we don't want it there.
I for one will tell anyone I hear being racist that it should stop.. Nicely of course.

Lets be known for doing something positive..
Old 23-02-2005, 22:09   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
The impression I got from the post was that OldGobbin wanted it stamping out.
Quote me were i have said he didnt
Quote:
No I don't think people will think it is all stanly fans, by the sounds of it this was one idiot that does'nt deserve to be a stanley fan
First of all i did not say it is all Stanley fans what I said was if some loser came on here and spread this all over the internet we (as Stanley fans) would all get classified as racisits
Old 23-02-2005, 22:10   #28

Didn't I hear that someone selling raffle tickets or something similar on behalf of the club was making racist comments at an earlier game?

I agree with you Simon that the person concerned should be told there and then that it is not acceptable.
Old 23-02-2005, 22:12   #29

Quote:

First of all i did not say it is all Stanley fans what I said was if some loser came on here and spread this all over the internet we (as Stanley fans) would all get classified as racisits
As I read it the only comments here are from those who object to the racist remarks and therefore far from classifying Stanley fans as racist it should do exactly the opposite.
Old 23-02-2005, 22:14   #30

Quote:
Quote me were i have said he didnt

I think you've misunderstood my reference there.

You said it should be stamped out and I was merely pointing out that OldGobbin was of the same opinion.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..