Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2005, 22:55   #46
God Member

Re: Racism at the IES

heeeeeeeeeeeee well there you go just had karma taken off me when I was sticking up for the stanley fans!!! I tell ya people really get on my nerves with this. No wonder people are leaving accy web, you can't do right for doing wrong. All I said was that people will see that this idiot is on his own and should not be a stanley fan (meaning that the ultra's try there best to keep this kind of thing OUT!!'' and I get told I know nothing about football and i am just here for the ride. oh well maybe if we were face to face I could put my point across better because the screen is'nt saying it good enough.

Miracles do happen!!

Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2005, 23:07   #47
God Member

Oh and while we are at it who ever took the karma points off me for not knowing anything about ASFC, who the hell made ultras the boss of accy stanley?? because I was always under the impression it belonged to the town not a group of lads!!!!!!!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 23-02-2005, 23:12   #48
Member.

ultras? Forgive me for being thick, but a clue would be nice.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 23-02-2005, 23:13   #49
Senior Member+

http://www.stanleyultras.co.uk/

Here you go doug..
Old 23-02-2005, 23:13   #50
Senior Member+

Calm down everyone, all this about karma, it would be easier if people leave there name at then end of it. (and what ever you do dont put someone elses name or you will find you will get banned and form a bad impression on yourself, and also everyone will hate you for a while after)
Old 23-02-2005, 23:14   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
ultras? Forgive me for being thick, but a clue would be nice.
Don't get me started doug because at the moment it is'nt the racism that is bothering me,
it is a member of the ultras that is letting the side down.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 23-02-2005, 23:15   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafu01
Calm down everyone, all this about karma, it would be easier if people leave there name at then end of it. (and what ever you do dont put someone elses name or you will find you will get banned and form a bad impression on yourself, and also everyone will hate you for a while after)
hey no-names mentioned it's not about that. but yes i agree it would be nice if people left names then you could ask WHY at least

Miracles do happen!!

Old 23-02-2005, 23:20   #53
Senior Member+

I find this trend of being worried about one's Karma kind of disappointing, especially as the original poster had a very valid point. However, I will say, i stood on the Whinney Hill Terrace last night and did not hear any racist comments, However, if T.M. and oldgobbin have heard such comments, then they have a duty to point out offender to stewards and then this should be forwarded to the club for official action, even if they do not know his/her name. Lets concentrate on kicking out racism in the club and kicking out all offenders of racism forever.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 23-02-2005, 23:22   #54
Senior Member+

I agree with simon that if you hear anyone being racist then you/someone else should have a word with them and tell them its not acceptable, and EVERYONE at ASFC are against it
Old 23-02-2005, 23:24   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy
I find this trend of being worried about one's Karma kind of disappointing, especially as the original poster had a very valid point. However, I will say, i stood on the Whinney Hill Terrace last night and did not hear any racist comments, However, if T.M. and oldgobbin have heard such comments, then they have a duty to point out offender to stewards and then this should be forwarded to the club for official action, even if they do not know his/her name. Lets concentrate on kicking out racism in the club and kicking out all offenders of racism forever.
No I could'nt give a flying banana if my karma is at zero! the point is the TREND of taking it off people because THEY CAN!! If I have a point I will damn well make it! freedom of speach and all that.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 23-02-2005, 23:26   #56
Senior Member+

I think the problem being with the karma was the comment that was made from one person, saying knowing nothing about football etc somehting like that
Old 23-02-2005, 23:28   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafu01
I think the problem being with the karma was the comment that was made from one person, saying knowing nothing about football etc somehting like that
you are damn right it was, I might be a woman but I aint having no boy tell me I know nothing.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 23-02-2005, 23:28   #58
Senior Member+

i agree with what others have said on this matter, if you are going to complain on a messageboard about this sort of thing, and not name the offender, and not complain to the club, what was you doing posting?

Pointing it out? if it bothers you enough to write that much about it complain officially, or at least name them so somone else more willing to take action will do.

Lee
Old 23-02-2005, 23:30   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy
The original poster did indeed have a very valid point and I totally agree with you that if this is noticed in future it should be pointed out to someone in a position to do something about it. I wouldn't suggest "having a word" with the offender oneself as that could lead to a dispute which could get out of hand (much like this thread)

As for being at the matches, I'm afraid that not being local I do not have that opportunity but have been to the occasional one and would like to think that others like myself would be welcome despite the fact that we are not season ticket holders.
Old 23-02-2005, 23:31   #60
God Member

Quote:
I hope to see all the people commenting on this issue at the next home game.. but I some how doubt it... You read the headline racism and came running into the forum to have your say.. Which proves my point... its been sensationalised...

Slinky, Doug, Gobsmacked ? You will all be at the game on Monday i presume... Why not watch out for this guy yourselves and have a word?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..