Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2005, 23:47   #76
God Member

Re: Racism at the IES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobsmacked
I told Doug you were dangerous Slinky! One mention of blood and violence and up goes your karma!!
I think it's the whip that does it!!

Miracles do happen!!

Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2005, 23:52   #77
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Slinky, Doug, Gobsmacked ? You will all be at the game on Monday i presume... Why not watch out for this guy yourselves and have a word?
Like the others, no I won't be. But I would like to think that what happens in and around Accrington and what happens to its people are still important to me thirty years on after leaving, I would also like to believe that what you and the others do for Stanley is also done on behalf of those of us who are genuinely interested but can’t contribute themselves for whatever reason. You do an excellent Job, you all do. But we still like to believe we have an opinion and after all this is a discussion forum. All tonight’s points have been valid in some way and they should be heard openly. If more people had shared their fears and opinions in 62, if people had been more open and other offered their support, then just maybe things would have been different.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 23-02-2005, 23:52   #78

Well said Doug.
Old 23-02-2005, 23:55   #79
God Member

I take my hat off to you doug..................that was very well said, I wish others ahd a good way with words like you

Miracles do happen!!

Old 23-02-2005, 23:56   #80
God Member

Quote:
Well said Doug.
accept he missed my point.... where was you last week and the week before when we where talking about football and what goes on in the stadia.... the only reason you jumped in now is because the word racism is used.... thats my point..

yeagh great you can take an interest.. but lets be honest here.. your not exactly a regular contributor to the accrington stanley area..... someone shouts racist and your in there like a shot
Old 23-02-2005, 23:58   #81
God Member

Quote:
accept he missed my point.... where was you last week and the week before when we where talking about football and what goes on in the stadia.... the only reason you jumped in now is because the word racism is used.... thats my point..

yeagh great you can take an interest.. but lets be honest here.. your not exactly a regular contributor to the accrington stanley area..... someone shouts racist and your in there like a shot
yeah yeah!!!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 23-02-2005, 23:59   #82
God Member

Lots of other people dont go to the games... thats not my point... we have fans all over the world.. but they are here taking an interest all the time... not just when somehting bad is said
Old 24-02-2005, 00:03   #83
God Member

Quote:
Lots of other people dont go to the games... thats not my point... we have fans all over the world.. but they are here taking an interest all the time... not just when somehting bad is said
like what was said before it's not the BAD THINGS that were said that made them look it was the fact that some poor guy has had to leave the forum tonight vowing not to come back!!!!!!!!!! just because he had a point, like it says on the login ''it's a forum'' thats what forums are for giving each other thoughts. And you get punished for having a different one to the rest of them, take a look! i'm not just spouting my mouth off!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 24-02-2005, 00:04   #84
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobsmacked
I told Doug you were dangerous Slinky! One mention of blood and violence and up goes your karma!!
One mention of Slinlky the kinky and my blood goes up as well.

KIPAX, I got your point, but maybe we should all keep a door open and be happy to welcome each other and our opinions, for some of us opinions are all we've got, and to be honest I would rather be sharing my opinion on a serious theard than making a pratt of myself on others. If you close the door to people like us that don't get off our ases and support the team at the ground then you may as well take all the links away. By having them open and encoraging the non direct suppoters to share opinion they might get the bug and do something more positive.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 24-02-2005, 00:04   #85
God Member

yeagh yeagh
Old 24-02-2005, 00:06   #86

Quote:

I cannot speak for Doug or the others, but I personally feel that I don't have any place to speak about what happens on the pitch because I have no way of seeing for myself what has transpired. The performance of the team, the condition of the ground or decisions taken by the officials are beyond my purview, so to speak. However, something like racism doesn't require direct experience to be decried.
Old 24-02-2005, 00:07   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
like what was said before it's not the BAD THINGS that were said that made them look it was the fact that some poor guy has had to leave the forum tonight vowing not to come back!!!!!!!!!!
i disagree, he didnt have too, he chose too.
Old 24-02-2005, 00:07   #88
God Member

Quote:
yeagh yeagh
is that yeah yeah with phlegm in your throat or sommet?

Miracles do happen!!

Old 24-02-2005, 00:09   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyStanFan
i disagree, he didnt have too, he chose too.
no he did'nt HAVE TO! but what the hell is the point of a forum if you can't put what you believe in without getting cr'p for it, and basic getting told to SHUT IT!!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 24-02-2005, 00:11   #90
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
One mention of Slinlky the kinky and my blood goes up as well.

KIPAX, I got your point, but maybe we should all keep a door open and be happy to welcome each other and our opinions, for some of us opinions are all we've got, and to be honest I would rather be sharing my opinion on a serious theard than making a pratt of myself on others. If you close the door to people like us that don't get off our ases and support the team at the ground then you may as well take all the links away. By having them open and encoraging the non direct suppoters to share opinion they might get the bug and do something more positive.
god this man is good!!!!!!

Miracles do happen!!

Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..