Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2005, 22:21   #31
God Member

Re: Racism at the IES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiffy16
Quote me were i have said he didnt

First of all i did not say it is all Stanley fans what I said was if some loser came on here and spread this all over the internet we (as Stanley fans) would all get classified as racisits
Excuse me, I did not aim this at you!! I was replying to gobsmacked. Touchy.

Miracles do happen!!

Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2005, 22:26   #32
Senior Member+

OK, but just look at the title of the thread, I for one know that if football fans from other teams latch onto this then they will not look at for one 99.9% of us are not racist they will pick out that 0.01% of our fans who have been accused of being racist and this is what will give us a bad reputation, they will see the worst and ignore all the rest thats all I'm saying,

Other clubs will see the worst and spread negatives about us, not the positives that we are trying to stamp it out and not to have racism in the IES, it will affect us as fans and as a club...as I have said before we will be stereotyped by other teams
Old 23-02-2005, 22:28   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiffy16
OK, but just look at the title of the thread, I for one know that if football fans from other teams latch onto this then they will not look at for one 99.9% of us are not racist they will pick out that 0.01% of our fans who have been accused of being racist and this is what will give us a bad reputation, they will see the worst and ignore all the rest thats all I'm saying,

Other clubs will see the worst and spread negatives about us, not the positives that we are trying to stamp it out and not to have racism in the IES, it will affect us as fans and as a club...as I have said before we will be stereotyped by other teams
I hear what you are saying smiffy, yes maybe this place was the wrong place. But what I was pointing out is that not all stanley fans are racist, just the knob head that was doing the abusing (sorry can I say knob head hope so cos I just said it again lmao)

Miracles do happen!!

Old 23-02-2005, 22:33   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
But what I was pointing out is that not all stanley fans are racist,
Isn't that what I have said from the start?
Old 23-02-2005, 22:36   #35

Equally if anyone hears a racist chant at a match they could stereotype the whole crowd but that doesn't mean the whole crowd actually are chanting.

Anyway what became of the ticket seller? Did he get the push?
Old 23-02-2005, 22:37   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Anyway what became of the ticket seller? Did he get the push?
I think he was at the Barnet game :s
Old 23-02-2005, 22:39   #37

Hmmm........... that would imply that the club condones racism more than this thread does.
Old 23-02-2005, 22:40   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobsmacked
Hmmm........... that would imply that the club condones racism more than this thread does.
ow I would say someone is gonna kick your BOL'''KS IN FOR THAT LMAO

Miracles do happen!!

Old 23-02-2005, 22:42   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
ow I would say someone is gonna kick your BOL'''KS IN FOR THAT LMAO
It wouldn't be the first time. Just watch my karma go down the pan. rofl.

However, isn't it a valid point? If this ticket seller was making racist remarks why is he still retained in that capacity? Has he been rebuked?
Old 23-02-2005, 22:46   #40
Member.

I hear what your all saying and I can see what Smiffy is trying to say. I think Simon as the bull by the balls here, The only way to deal with this is to nip it in the bud before others are led astray or worst still other less welcome individuals are attracted to the ground. Find the gentleman and have a chat with him, maybe a photo in the ground taking the name and shame route.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 23-02-2005, 22:46   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobsmacked
It wouldn't be the first time. Just watch my karma go down the pan. rofl.
Has he been rebuked?
NO HE WAS SHOT IN THE HEAD FOUR TIMES. But cheated death to live another day!!(or few)

Miracles do happen!!

Old 23-02-2005, 22:48   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
I hear what your all saying and I can see what Smiffy is trying to say. I think Simon as the bull by the balls here, The only way to deal with this is to nip it in the bud before others are led astray or worst still other less welcome individuals are attracted to the ground. Find the gentleman and have a chat with him, maybe a photo in the ground taking the name and shame route.
now that is a good idea NAME AND SHAME what a thought hehehehe good one

Miracles do happen!!

Old 23-02-2005, 22:48   #43

Direct action at the time of the next incident if there is one would be an ideal solution. If he continues then why not ban him from the ground?
Old 23-02-2005, 22:50   #44
Senior Member+

Have you checked kipax's website to see if he is on any of the pics from Halifax game
Old 23-02-2005, 22:52   #45
God Member

I hope to see all the people commenting on this issue at the next home game.. but I some how doubt it... You read the headline racism and came running into the forum to have your say.. Which proves my point... its been sensationalised...

As for what to do... the person should be pointed out to the appropriate poeple who will then monitor and remove//ban if appropriate.. thats how it should and probably would be done.. they cant act on whats said on a MB..

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..