Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2009, 21:25   #616

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Have you seen how many are on Ebay . I bet you'd get more money for one with the DATE ON
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-09-2009, 05:52   #617

Unhappy Re: "Save Our Stanley"

I know there is dispute between the ASSF and the club but I want a League 2 club to watch in December so I will make my second donation to the SOS later today as I have been paid again. Thats my season ticket 'paid' for Thats all I can do - I hope we manage this..

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:45   #618
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
On the night of the Darlo match, I was told that the next round of events would be announced mid week, that puts them half a week behind already, the one thing we have not got is time????
Valairian posted this on 20 September. Have I missed the announcements? I noticed that the LET mentioned a match against Blackburn Rovers. But I've seen little else.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:03   #619
Super Moderator

Think I read somewhere (possibly the Evening Telegraph) that they're arranging a friendly against Austin Aztecs (managed by Adrian Heath). They're also trying to arrange the Rovers friendly for October, rather than November.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:26   #620
God Member

It would be good if that Rovers game could be arranged for October but with the glut of league games this month it would be difficult to fit one in.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:40   #621
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Think I read somewhere (possibly the Evening Telegraph) that they're arranging a friendly against Austin Aztecs (managed by Adrian Heath). They're also trying to arrange the Rovers friendly for October, rather than November.

Accroding to this link, Aztecs will play Stoke on the 14th and Burnley on the 20th. Maybe they may switch the latter and play Stanley instead, although I suspect Adrian Heath may prefer to play Burnley for obvious reasons. Nothing has been confirmed by Burnley yet.

BCLocalNews.com - Highlanders player gets taste of English pro soccer
Old 01-10-2009, 11:20   #622
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Valairian posted this on 20 September. Have I missed the announcements? I noticed that the LET mentioned a match against Blackburn Rovers. But I've seen little else.
No I do not think you have RR..

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:32   #623
Senior Member+

Accrington Stanley fund chairman has little sympathy (From Lancashire Telegraph)

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:57   #624
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Accroding to this link, Aztecs will play Stoke on the 14th and Burnley on the 20th. Maybe they may switch the latter and play Stanley instead, although I suspect Adrian Heath may prefer to play Burnley for obvious reasons. Nothing has been confirmed by Burnley yet.

BCLocalNews.com - Highlanders player gets taste of English pro soccer
A further update from nearer to home. Stoke City's sister club apparently, if they play the same way you better point the floodlights a bit higher up or you won't see the ball
Old 01-10-2009, 17:42   #625
God Member

Unhappy Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Only £200.00 over last couple of days Should be in the region of £170K by tomorrow!!!! I know that we still have the weekend buckets to add, but it really is the time for people/fans Etc. To stand up and be counted! For the sake of our club, I hope sincerley that the the people out there that are responsible for this mess - and there are quiet a few!! - have the sense of responsibility to sort this out!!!!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 18:51   #626
Full Member+

And yet Rob Heys repeatedly said that the figure was about £100k when interviewed by Dan on Tuesday
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 20:51   #627
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Only £200.00 over last couple of days Should be in the region of £170K by tomorrow!!!! I know that we still have the weekend buckets to add, but it really is the time for people/fans Etc. To stand up and be counted! For the sake of our club, I hope sincerley that the the people out there that are responsible for this mess - and there are quiet a few!! - have the sense of responsibility to sort this out!!!!!!!!

I understood that this matter was all but resolved, the SOS fund will be at least between £100k – £120k by the dead line; Rob as stated that three of them (Directors) will be putting in at least £120k between them and Mr. Khan as clearly stated publicly that he will double what the Directors put in (Single amount I presume) which will be £80k which by my reckoning comes to £300k. I’m sure someone will find the odd bit of short fall, job done Mr. O’Neil and the Club pull it off with Mr. Khan’s assistance…everybody should be happy.

Mr. O’Neil and the club gets the opportunity to prove their point, the club gains value which should mean that the Directors and individual share holders who put money in (including Mr. Khan) should have a chance of getting their money back long term, and the ASSF will have to reinvent a role for itself or carry on operations focused purely on fund raising.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 21:35   #628
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I understood that this matter was all but resolved, the SOS fund will be at least between £100k – £120k by the dead line; Rob as stated that three of them (Directors) will be putting in at least £120k between them and Mr. Khan as clearly stated publicly that he will double what the Directors put in (Single amount I presume) which will be £80k which by my reckoning comes to £300k. I’m sure someone will find the odd bit of short fall, job done Mr. O’Neil and the Club pull it off with Mr. Khan’s assistance…everybody should be happy.

Mr. O’Neil and the club gets the opportunity to prove their point, the club gains value which should mean that the Directors and individual share holders who put money in (including Mr. Khan) should have a chance of getting their money back long term, and the ASSF will have to reinvent a role for itself or carry on operations focused purely on fund raising.
And yet, if reports are to be believed, this £300+K will only just satisfy the demands of HMRC !....and do little to make any inroads whatsoever into the 'Total' Debt which, again if sources are accurate, may well be double this figure...or even more!!.

Therefore does it not seem logical to assume that if there is not a massive revenue input to clear the entire Debt, that the Club will merely stagger along from one emergency to the next, and risk incurring the wrath of The Dreaded Taxman on a regular basis ??..and everybody will certainly be far from happy....in fact I can not see 'Happiness' being the overriding emotion existing at 'The Crown' for a long time to come following the damage to reputations and Fan-Trust which we see, hear, and read about on a daily basis!.

If all this sounds a bit of a Jeremaic Lament, my comments are only based on an analysis of what I, and anyone else can read in the media, and unfortunately, on our Forum!!..

So I ask again...QUO VADIS STANLEY ??....Will someone please make an informed effort to answer this impassioned plea???

'WHAT ME WORRY ?'.....just a little !!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 22:16   #629
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
And yet, if reports are to be believed, this £300+K will only just satisfy the demands of HMRC !....and do little to make any inroads whatsoever into the 'Total' Debt which, again if sources are accurate, may well be double this figure...or even more!!.

Therefore does it not seem logical to assume that if there is not a massive revenue input to clear the entire Debt, that the Club will merely stagger along from one emergency to the next, and risk incurring the wrath of The Dreaded Taxman on a regular basis ??..and everybody will certainly be far from happy....in fact I can not see 'Happiness' being the overriding emotion existing at 'The Crown' for a long time to come following the damage to reputations and Fan-Trust which we see, hear, and read about on a daily basis!.

If all this sounds a bit of a Jeremaic Lament, my comments are only based on an analysis of what I, and anyone else can read in the media, and unfortunately, on our Forum!!..

So I ask again...QUO VADIS STANLEY ??....Will someone please make an informed effort to answer this impassioned plea???

'WHAT ME WORRY ?'.....just a little !!

At some point we will have to have faith in that the club “irrespective of ownership” will prevail; Rob Hays tells us that there is only operational debt, day to day running cost, this may be bourn out by the fact that there is only the one (06th August 2009) CCJ recorded against the company which may well be the tax debt, (please confirm Rob)…if we had the massive debt put about by various parties i.e. £500-600k we would be inundated with CCJs’ would we not?

Undermining, casting doubt and divide and conquer are old techniques for getting your own way in inter rivalry conflicts like we are seeing now for control of the club….I feel (personal opinion) that if it was that bad that Mr. O’Neil would have taken the easiest route out and would have taken Mr. Khan’s hands off (both of them) in order to protect and preserve his other interests rather than be dragged down and loose everything….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 22:59   #630
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | A | Accrington | Stanley receive debt-relief offer

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..