Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2009, 21:46   #691
Super Moderator

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

I know there's light at the end of the tunnel, but no need to get carried away, chaps!

Accrington Stanley in talks over buying back Crown Ground (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 14-10-2009, 21:53   #692

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I know there's light at the end of the tunnel, but no need to get carried away, chaps!

Accrington Stanley in talks over buying back Crown Ground (From Lancashire Telegraph)
as it's "at least 12 months" away we could all start saving again and for £250 (+VAT) buy a square yard each - preferably a square yard of Clayton End terrace in my case
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 22:58   #693
God Member

pmsl. Leave it well alone I say and spend the money (that we haven't got) on a training ground.

We pay next to nowt on the rent of the ground and its on a massive lease so where's the necessity. What's tangible assets and what influence do they have on investment? collateral?
Old 14-10-2009, 23:39   #694
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
pmsl. Leave it well alone I say and spend the money (that we haven't got) on a training ground.

We pay next to nowt on the rent of the ground and its on a massive lease so where's the necessity. What's tangible assets and what influence do they have on investment? collateral?
to get a bigger loan in 12 months time to cover the current debt?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 23:41   #695
Junior Member+

I could but won't give this appeal any money whatsoever. Set up a supporters trust under the auspices of Supporters Direct and I'll set up a direct debit and give a lump sum.

I'm not bailing out people who have failed the club

Last edited by DevonStanley; 14-10-2009 at 23:42. Reason: an addition
DevonStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 08:38   #696
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonStanley View Post
I could but won't give this appeal any money whatsoever. Set up a supporters trust under the auspices of Supporters Direct and I'll set up a direct debit and give a lump sum.

Who has failed the club? In this respect I must support D'oN for taking on the task and asking for help from the supporters and surrounding football clubs etc. He took over this burden from the previous regime and although he did it eyes wide open, the club board initially thought they had an arrangement with HMRC to pay back the debt at £18k a month over 12 months. HMRC reneged on that deal and said we had till end of this month to find all the money. Dave O'Neill may have been a little naive when in all truthfulness he knew what he was getting into when he allegedly bought out EW.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 09:55   #697
Resting in Peace

Can't help thinking that this save the Stanley will be having a lot of effect on the true supporters, Home league last Saturday, home to Rovers Tuesday,Home again tonight another friendly, then home again in the league on Saturday again, must be costing you lads and lasses a small fortune, what with ticket money travel then of course the refreshments, must be costing a mint
Old 15-10-2009, 10:03   #698
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

And home again next Tuesday as well it's still better than NO FOOTBALL.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 10:11   #699

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonStanley View Post

You should have joined the ASSF..you attitude has already failed, thanks for your contribution, now leave it to the Big Boys!
Old 15-10-2009, 10:14   #700
Super Moderator

One day they're talking about buying the ground, the next day they're talking about selling players! They really do need to start taking a co-ordinated approach to handling the media.

Accrington Stanley may sell players (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 15-10-2009, 10:50   #701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
One day they're talking about buying the ground, the next day they're talking about selling players! They really do need to start taking a co-ordinated approach to handling the media.

Accrington Stanley may sell players (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Although it's hard not to agree with what he's saying they should put a media gag on JB.
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 12:54   #702
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Who has failed the club? In this respect I must support D'oN for taking on the task and asking for help from the supporters and surrounding football clubs etc. He took over this burden from the previous regime and although he did it eyes wide open, the club board initially thought they had an arrangement with HMRC to pay back the debt at £18k a month over 12 months. HMRC reneged on that deal and said we had till end of this month to find all the money. Dave O'Neill may have been a little naive when in all truthfulness he knew what he was getting into when he allegedly bought out EW.
WOW
I cant believe anyone could come to that conclusion.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 13:27   #703
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
HMRC reneged on that deal
Sorry, OO, but that's not really true as the DON has made clear. There never was a deal. Look at the DON's statement at the foot of the SOS website.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 17:08   #704
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | A | Accrington | Stanley close to paying tax bill
Old 15-10-2009, 19:07   #705
Senior Member+

I'm only thinking aloud, so please don't attack me!

So what started this mad thinking? Well, I've become increasingly concerned by the failure to update the SOS total. There might be a perfectly good reason for it, but on the other hand ......

Now let's divert to the debt to HMRC. The statements emanating from the club remain vague - and maybe they have to be. But there seems to be a sort of consensus that the SOS Fund will reach £150,000; the powers-that-be (all/some) will put in £100,000 and the remainder will be borrowed as a short-term loan.

I still have serious worries here. Will the SOS Fund actually reach £150,000? Will the powers-that-be need to put in more than £100,000? And let's not forget that we have been told that at least one of them had no more money to put in. So, in my mind, it's starting to look as though we may have to borrow more than £58,000. A short-term loan is exactly that - so it has to be paid back relatively quickly. Where will we find £58,000 (in my thinking, considerably more) to pay back quickly?

Well, has Jimmy Bell given us the answer? Is this the scenario? We borrow maybe up to £100,000 to ensure that HMRC is paid and the borrowed money is repaid after the sale of players in January.

So that's my present thinking.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..