Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2009, 23:05   #631
Member.

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
"I think it would be great if we could find a way to keep the dialogue open and to find someway that everybody can come together.
Excellent Idea Rob.......

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2009, 07:34   #632
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Excellent Idea Rob.......
I concur with that Doug !...But doesn't Peter Shaw's statement :-'The ASSF claim the club's debt is substantially more than the £308,000 which is owed to Revenue and Customs by 27 October.'.....not underline my point that the 'emergency' extends much further than the dreaded £308K, and therefore must be addressed with the clearance of other pressing debts an assured action ?.

AND..If this statement from Rob Heys is accurate :- "I think it would be great if we could find a way to keep the dialogue open and to find someway that everybody can come together.
"Whether that's by David O'Neil [Accrington chairman] perhaps relinquishing some of the control that he's got and maybe the supporter's fund taking that onboard. I think it's really important that we find a way."
..then it gives me some confidence to stop asking 'QUO VADIS STANLEY?'.

To hear such an enlightened declaration at this stage in the proceedings has
awakened a primeval stirring within me not known since I was introduced to the Ladies Underwear section of Gratton's Catalogue at the back of Form 2B !..

Someone once said...'Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.'...and he was right!!

Hopefully this thinking will lead to the beginning of a lasting solution to these wearing problems which are bringing our proud club to it's knees ?

' SOSTENUTO STANLEY !!!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 14:28   #633
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
' SOSTENUTO STANLEY !!!'
My 45 years ago Latin can cope with cope with QUO VADIS STANLEY but what the hell are you and Alfred E on about now?
Old 02-10-2009, 18:11   #634
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
My 45 years ago Latin can cope with cope with QUO VADIS STANLEY but what the hell are you and Alfred E on about now?

I apologise if the little postscriberi which, as an indulgence I add now and again to my postings are causing you some concern Chimer...as in 'what the hell are you on about?'...

But with the little interjection 'Sostenuto Molto'...I was allowing myself to be influenced by my other alter-ego...AAMUZIK...who you don't want to know about!...It's simple translation is, as I'm sure you really know!...'Sustain the effort with vigour!'....or in Ossy terms 'Keep on gooin'!'. Which I feel certain you will agree, is apposite to the current task of ensuring salvation for our Club!.

My other Alter-ego ...Alfred.E....does, I agree make some rather odd declarations!...for which I cannot take any blame whatsoever!.

My hope is that even in the midst of what is really a crisis situation as far as Accrington Stanley go....here on our super-duper Forum at least, there is space for a little eccentricity and levity....although I honestly try to make a serious contribution to any thread which fires me up!.

After all....and here it comes just for you Chimer!...'Were all the roses in the Garden Red, then it would be a dull place indeed '...now who said that???

Respect and Regards!...and NIL DESPERANDUM !!
Old 02-10-2009, 18:57   #635

Quote:
'Were all the roses in the Garden Red, then it would be a dull place indeed
Why so Yonmon .

Surely the Red is by far the most non-dull colour to be associated with anything, especially when in (Football) Association with League 2 teams in between the area's of Blackburn and Burnley
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 19:03   #636
God Member

Be helpful if some posts can be in the english language please yonmon lol

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 20:26   #637
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister Onymfo View Post
Why so Yonmon .

Surely the Red is by far the most non-dull colour to be associated with anything, especially when in (Football) Association with League 2 teams in between the area's of Blackburn and Burnley
Touche !..MO.....if a little out of literary context!!.....I was just thinking that a little touch of Romantic Prose would perhaps brighten Chimer's evening up a bit!!..

Of course I recognise and applaud the link which you so eloquently make and can assure you that I have never found the task of supporting 'The Reds' as being dull...instead preferring to see it as the Soccer equivalent of Mr Toad's Wild Ride!!....as the status Quo does seem to bear witness to somewhat!!

It is my fervent hope that we will be seeing the colour Red together in all it's glory for a long time to come at 'The Crown '.....and not through my often mentioned Red-coloured Spectacles either!!

p.s....with RED in mind!....from Alfred.E...Roses are red ..Violets are blue..I'm schizophrenic....And so am I !!.

'ON STANLEY!!!...ON!!!.
Old 02-10-2009, 20:31   #638
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Be helpful if some posts can be in the english language please yonmon lol
I will try harder SM...but once I get started Well!!!...So goodneet an' ahl sithee at Chesterfield !.

Yours thoroughly chastened etc. etc.
Old 02-10-2009, 20:31   #639
God Member

Quote:

p.s....with RED in mind!....from Alfred.E...Roses are red ..Violets are blue..I'm schizophrenic....And so am I !!.

karma on it's way to you both
Old 02-10-2009, 20:37   #640
Senior Member+

Quote:
I was just thinking that a little touch of Romantic Prose would perhaps brighten Chimer's evening up a bit!!..
My evening's bright, my evening's STANLEY ......

not to mention I'm off on hols with my lovely Missus tomorrow what more romance could I need!

See you back on here Sunday fortnight, 9 points, cuptie revenge against the Shrews and £308000 richer hopefully.
Old 04-10-2009, 00:30   #641
God Member

no more
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:18   #642

back here from manjocr for tues game and still no up date sos looks bad reading. can some one keep it up at the end of the day...........
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:19   #643
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
no more
No more ??

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 04-10-2009, 09:35   #644
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
No more ??
Chimer left a wish list of 9pts and a cup win!!after yesterdays defeat that 9pts is out the window so thats why i think Shakermaker posted (no more )SM
Old 04-10-2009, 09:39   #645
God Member

ah right get u just got me worried cos it wasn't in response to a quote lol

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..