Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2009, 20:15   #781
Senior Member+

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
The club are taking up the offer of a short term loan from a local businessman, this loan is in advance of monies raised on or after the deadline.
According to the club, that loan was going to be for £58k on the assumption that the SOS Fund reached £150k. As others have said, how is it going to reach that total in the next week? I wonder if Rob would care to specify how he sees the SOS Fund reaching £150k. Even adding such items as Darlo wages etc, it will be a miracle if it reaches £120k.

We assume that the directors will put in their £100k. So that would seem to assume that the generous businessman is going to increase his loan to £88k. What events are being arranged that can raise £88k (or even £58k) in the "short term"?

I, for one, am still VERY worried.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-10-2009, 20:43   #782

think we should call 999 for help or sorry 666
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 20:58   #783
Super Moderator

Whichever way you look at it, it's obvious that there's a large black hole in the club's financial plans to pay the taxman in nine day's time.

The club need to tell us EXACTLY how this black hole is going to be filled and they need to tell us NOW. No more flannel and halfbaked pipedreams about buying the ground and other such fripperies...tell us what you're going to do. We've supported you, we've put our money in, we've made sacrifices, we have a right to know!!
Old 19-10-2009, 21:08   #784

i think we will be waiting untill the 11th hour
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 21:15   #785
Senior Member+

Do you think it is worth donating for " THAT FINAL " push ???

i will do all i can afford
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 21:24   #786

well ill still be throwing summat in the bucket at the crown
Old 19-10-2009, 21:27   #787
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

May be the clubs going to use the £20k loaned to the club in the summer and the £25k Mr Khan donated to the club which was said to be still in the bank in which case thats £153/4k
Old 19-10-2009, 21:27   #788

they can tell use all at the games 2 more . ill still give what i can to help
Old 19-10-2009, 21:30   #789

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
May be the clubs going to use the £20k loaned to the club in the summer and the £25k Mr Khan donated to the club which was said to be still in the bank in which case thats £153/4k
too much like robbing peter to pay paul
Old 19-10-2009, 21:39   #790

if we still hav it could get lost like the time to pay thetaxs bills in the 1st place i love ew for this ****
Old 19-10-2009, 21:41   #791
Member.

It’s not over yet; there is still time for donations as well as fundraising efforts. There is also the FA money, is that not due this month. Surely if push come to shove £50k of that would give a short breathing space if only enough of one until the share issue starts to generate income, and there’s always a chance that someone from the local business community might tip in at the final stage of proceedings. What ever happens I don’t think the club would let the whole thing collapse over a £50k shortfall.

What’s needed now is a long term outlook, how are we going to help the club generate income to help move Accrington Stanley on and away from this situation. Let’s be positive and not be overshadowed by this…..

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 21:43   #792
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Whichever way you look at it, it's obvious that there's a large black hole in the club's financial plans to pay the taxman in nine day's time.

The club need to tell us EXACTLY how this black hole is going to be filled and they need to tell us NOW. No more flannel and halfbaked pipedreams about buying the ground and other such fripperies...tell us what you're going to do. We've supported you, we've put our money in, we've made sacrifices, we have a right to know!!
As we both read in last week's Accrington Observer Wyn !....

"We need to do something quickly to show that Accrington Stanley will survive and has a bright future."....Rob Heys.

This statement appears to have taken on an even greater 'Sword of Damocles' sense of dread and impending doom even more than it did earlier in the day !!.....so is 'TREPIDATION' going to be the buzz word from now on ??.

It seems to me that 'QUICKLY' in Rob's statement should now read ...
At speed !, or briskly !, or expeditiously !,or flat out !, or full tilt !,or immediately !, or in a hurry !, or in a rush !, or in haste !, or even lickety-split !, certainly like a shot !, not forgetting posthaste !, or precipitately !, or promptly !, certainly speedily, swiftly, and with dispatch !!! (Pause for breath!)...or RIGHT NOW !!...

Yes.....TREPIDATION RULES....OK ??'

'ON STANLEY!!..ON!!...TO EVEN GREATER THINGS!!'.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 21:54   #793
God Member

In all honesty i'll be suprised if the club sustains a result of the taxman and looking more likely that maybe the case imho.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 21:55   #794
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katei77 View Post
too much like robbing peter to pay paul
No i disagree!! It was said at the time that this money was sat in the bank and if the two who loaned the money to the club wanted it back it was there to be given back,unless its been used for day to day running of the club.. and lets not forget the Share issue WM said that neally 50 supporters would soon be proud owners and may be even more by now that could be an extra 12 t 15k to raise the fundmeter
Old 19-10-2009, 21:58   #795
God Member

To add a suggestion for fund raising idea of photo taken with the world cup medal 66 which david cocker offered as way to help, tho the annoying thing is the club give air of feeling its not as needed assumption we're clear when on paper we ain't - which is it?

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..