Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-10-2009, 19:35   #706
Senior Member+

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I'm only thinking aloud, so please don't attack me!

So what started this mad thinking? Well, I've become increasingly concerned by the failure to update the SOS total. There might be a perfectly good reason for it, but on the other hand ......

Now let's divert to the debt to HMRC. The statements emanating from the club remain vague - and maybe they have to be. But there seems to be a sort of consensus that the SOS Fund will reach £150,000; the powers-that-be (all/some) will put in £100,000 and the remainder will be borrowed as a short-term loan.

I still have serious worries here. Will the SOS Fund actually reach £150,000? Will the powers-that-be need to put in more than £100,000? And let's not forget that we have been told that at least one of them had no more money to put in. So, in my mind, it's starting to look as though we may have to borrow more than £58,000. A short-term loan is exactly that - so it has to be paid back relatively quickly. Where will we find £58,000 (in my thinking, considerably more) to pay back quickly?

Well, has Jimmy Bell given us the answer? Is this the scenario? We borrow maybe up to £100,000 to ensure that HMRC is paid and the borrowed money is repaid after the sale of players in January.

So that's my present thinking.
Assuming the HMRC debt is paid using SOS funds+ funds input by directors + short term loan, to pay off whole debt, the payments back will probably come from the share issue which if all 1,000 shares are purchased, which is a distinct possibility - then that will attract £250,000 in money which could be used to repay short term loan and leave money in the club. Just my thought, I could be wrong.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-10-2009, 20:07   #707
Senior Member+

You are more optimistic about the "share" issue than I am, Ozzy. I hope you are correct, though, because I would certainly not like to see the present squad diminished in order to pay off any immediate loan.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 20:07   #708

Rob Heys on the wireless tonight:

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | A | Accrington | Heys looks to a bright future
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 20:19   #709
Senior Member+

Not much new there, then. Just the usual generalisations.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 20:38   #710
God Member

glass half full, glass half empty?
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 20:44   #711

It sounds to me that stanley are using debts/loans to pay off the HMRC. If we don't pay these will we go into admin and get a 10 point deduction knowing we are most likely to be safe.

Just a thought
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 21:40   #712
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
It sounds to me that stanley are using debts/loans to pay off the HMRC. If we don't pay these will we go into admin and get a 10 point deduction knowing we are most likely to be safe.

Just a thought
Maybe. But it wont happen this season. They wont do it to there own they need a fall guy/investor/bank to take the hit.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 23:52   #713
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Who has failed the club? In this respect I must support D'oN for taking on the task and asking for help from the supporters and surrounding football clubs etc. He took over this burden from the previous regime and although he did it eyes wide open, the club board initially thought they had an arrangement with HMRC to pay back the debt at £18k a month over 12 months. HMRC reneged on that deal and said we had till end of this month to find all the money. Dave O'Neill may have been a little naive when in all truthfulness he knew what he was getting into when he allegedly bought out EW.
You say DON didn't know what he was getting into when he took over the club. Is that astute management? Is that the kind of management you would like to see take the club forward?

There's only one way forward, that's a supporters trust. It may mean relegation this year, but when the fans own the club - by the way Barcelona are owned by a supporters trust - there are possibilities for progression. Under the current regime, I fear the worst.

By the way, I don't think I've ever met DON, it's not a personal thing, but I don't have, from what I've seen so far, a great deal of confidence in him.

Last edited by DevonStanley; 15-10-2009 at 23:59. Reason: Clarity
DevonStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2009, 09:27   #714
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonStanley View Post
You say DON didn't know what he was getting into when he took over the club. Is that astute management? Is that the kind of management you would like to see take the club forward?
DON has publicly said all along that he knew what he was getting into and that he knew the extent of the Club's debt. He has also said, all along, that Stanley would not go under and that he would sort it all out. He has now, more or less, got us out of this mess with the taxman. Why are people still calling him, are they disappointed that he has managed it one way or another, did they want Stanley to fold so that they could crucify DON ? Whalley got us into this mess and DON is getting us out of it. Why call DON all the names and doubt his integrity, BLAME IT ON WHALLEY, he is the one who has jumped ship. He is keeping very quiet about all this and nobody seems to be connecting him with the debt, just blaming DON. It's about time people realised that it's Whalley's fault and started a campaign against him and not against DON who seems to be trying to put right all Whalley's mistakes. Whalley is the one who has told us lies for ages. Support DON and support Stanley.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2009, 09:35   #715
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Support DON and support Stanley.
I would but apparently I'm not a true supporter
Old 16-10-2009, 11:07   #716
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Who has accused you of that?
Old 16-10-2009, 11:07   #717
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
DON has publicly said all along that he knew what he was getting into and that he knew the extent of the Club's debt. He has also said, all along, that Stanley would not go under and that he would sort it all out. He has now, more or less, got us out of this mess with the taxman. Why are people still calling him, are they disappointed that he has managed it one way or another, did they want Stanley to fold so that they could crucify DON ? Whalley got us into this mess and DON is getting us out of it. Why call DON all the names and doubt his integrity, BLAME IT ON WHALLEY, he is the one who has jumped ship. He is keeping very quiet about all this and nobody seems to be connecting him with the debt, just blaming DON. It's about time people realised that it's Whalley's fault and started a campaign against him and not against DON who seems to be trying to put right all Whalley's mistakes. Whalley is the one who has told us lies for ages. Support DON and support Stanley.

What's the point of starting a campaign against EW ? What's that all about ? Everybody will have their opinion already on where the fault lies for the tax debacle but what would a campaign against EW achieve ?? This would just be another vehicle for the moaners to indulge themselves. I say,'Can I have my ball back ?'. IF the crisis at the club is truly over then it's time to get back to the footy. The team's showing good form at the mo and if they continue, then by Jan, instead of looking at the foot of the league we could be looking upwards for a change. If people need to put their energies into a campaign then get behind the Supporter's Trust idea. At least that way there's something positive to aim for.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2009, 11:24   #718
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
What's the point of starting a campaign against EW ? What's that all about ?
A lot of people seem to be putting all their energies into a campaign against DON, all I am saying is lay off DON and (if they need a campaign) then direct it against the person who is to blame for this mess WHALLEY. I am not asking for anybody to START a campaign but just to lay the blame where it should be.
Old 16-10-2009, 11:25   #719
God Member

The spectre of EW is relevant both to Stanley's current (and on-going) situation and to those who have yet to make up their minds about unconditionally putting in more financial support. Can anyone confirm categorically that EW no longer has any interest or control in the club?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2009, 11:41   #720
God Member

Exclamation Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Me neither, nor Jeff

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..