Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2007, 17:32   #76

Re: Season Tickets

IMHO lthough it is obvious that our gates are disgustingly low for this division, I believe the club should put further efforts into increasing match-day enjoyment for the current fans and making provisions for them,rather then moaning about the ones who are not there.

The crowd cant score a goal. The crowd cant make a tackle. The crowd cant save a penalty. The crowd cant make a tactical change.

It seems as though the club are resorting to the old fail-safe of moaning at attendances to take the glare off bad performances on the pitch.
Old 26-08-2007, 20:01   #77
Senior Member+

I dont know the area - but i get the impression blackburn, accy and burnley has alot of muslims/arabs/asians etc.

it was recognised when bury signed the indian international striker - attendences went up by a few hundred for a few months - despite him not starting very often.

at least, thats what my mates just told me.

maybe its a part of the community that could fill up the frazer.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 20:05   #78
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I dont know the area - but i get the impression blackburn, accy and burnley has alot of muslims/arabs/asians etc.

it was recognised when bury signed the indian international striker - attendences went up by a few hundred for a few months - despite him not starting very often.

at least, thats what my mates just told me.

maybe its a part of the community that could fill up the frazer.
For once I will my opinion to myself.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 20:15   #79
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
For once I will my opinion to myself.
Not part of the diversity forum, Bagpuss?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 20:18   #80
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Not part of the diversity forum, Bagpuss?
Amazingly it's true I was not picked to join the committee despite Mr Harris personally recommending me

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 28-08-2007, 17:33   #81
Super Moderator

I hate to sound impatient, but I wonder if there's any chance of our season tickets arriving this week?
Old 28-08-2007, 17:41   #82

On the letter it said eraly last week...

As long as i get to go to the matches some way then am not bothered anymore, but i think that stanley are the only club that haven't got them out to fans yet.
Old 28-08-2007, 17:41   #83
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I hate to sound impatient, but I wonder if there's any chance of our season tickets arriving this week?
A life member I know went up this morning to collect and was told his was posted at the weekend, sounds a load of bull to me just to get rid of him.

Old 28-08-2007, 17:46   #84
God Member

I was told that they should have been arriving tomorrow/thursday am at the latest and will be available over the bar at the Crown thursday and friday night to help alleviate the queues on saturday. But that last bit was still being deliberated as to whether it was a good idea or not
Old 28-08-2007, 21:23   #85
Senior Member+

Quote:
A life member I know went up this morning to collect and was told his was posted at the weekend, sounds a load of bull to me just to get rid of him.
A life member I know went to see where his ticket was, only to be told that he wasn't on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I was told that they should have been arriving tomorrow/thursday am at the latest and will be available over the bar at the Crown thursday and friday night to help alleviate the queues on saturday.
Why don't they pass them out of a suitcase on the pub car park and be done with it? Truly tinpot.
Old 28-08-2007, 21:37   #86
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
A life member I know went to see where his ticket was, only to be told that he wasn't on the list.
My friend was also told this, it's not the same person we are talking about, goes by the name Phil?

Old 29-08-2007, 06:12   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
My friend was also told this, it's not the same person we are talking about, goes by the name Phil?
Nope. Afraid not. Seems more than one person was affected by this then?
Old 29-08-2007, 15:38   #88

PHOENIX NIGHTS - Eric Whalley is Brian Potter
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 10:21   #89
Super Moderator

Football development centres...Stanley legends...on-line shopping...Stanley programmes website...all well and good, but WHERE'S ME TICKET?
Old 30-08-2007, 12:14   #90
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Football development centres...Stanley legends...on-line shopping...Stanley programmes website...all well and good, but WHERE'S ME TICKET?
They're here tomorrow, see Fishy site. (About time, smiley thingy)

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..