Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2007, 14:46   #31
Super Moderator

Re: Season Tickets

Just been discussing it with Lew and he says:-

If for any reason the tickets aren’t available for Saturday (which they should be), provisions have been put in place to make sure all ticket holders are dealt with properly and professionally. Every sale is logged even cheques. So no problems there. In the unlikely event of no tickets, information will be posted on the website at the earliest possible opportunity I assure you.
Old 15-08-2007, 16:44   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Just been discussing it with Lew and he says:-

If for any reason the tickets aren’t available for Saturday (which they should be), provisions have been put in place to make sure all ticket holders are dealt with properly and professionally. Every sale is logged even cheques. So no problems there. In the unlikely event of no tickets, information will be posted on the website at the earliest possible opportunity I assure you.

It's all very well you telling everone else what Lew said, and I thank you for taking the trouble to post.

The point though is that no one from the club has been on the club's own web site recently to reassure the punters that all is well, that we will have our tickets in time for kick-off and that the resources are in place so that, should the worst happen, there won't be chaos at the club shop / offices on Saturday.

It's probably taken me 5 - 10 mins to post this. Surely it can't take much longer to post on the Fishy site and I simply won't have it that everyone is so busy at the club they can't spare that amount of time. They'd collectively save a damn site more through not having to make excuses to telephone callers and visitors individually.

"A stitch in time " and all that.
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2007, 19:47   #33
God Member

First things first there are not many printers I know of that are open on a Saturday!
So logic would dictate that the club will know by tomorrow if the Season Tickets will be available or not!
If they are to be available, then I would personally make them available from Friday so as to avoid potentially long queues of people that are likely to become a little irate if waiting for a long period of time to recieve there season tickets coupled with the junior membership. I am sure the club must have some kind of database sysem to know who has ordered what and for where? I would have thought that if it was also done in a disciplined manner there would be more chance of people buying other merchandise from the club shop as well as perhaps having a look at the new facilities with maybe staff on hand to talk them through the ideas off the field as well as on the field! Just good Google Page Ranking!!
or maybe the Club could take it a stage further and once the roof is on have an official open day for everyone where players, management and staff could be on hand to show people the facilities, throw it open to everyone in Accrington and area, with things for the kids to do and take part in, get the people talking ,generate interest, the list could be endless and may encourage people who have never been before to go and have a look at what they are missing!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 11:14   #34

I paid cash got a receipt but no season ticket he said he was going to post a voucher for sats match
rosewood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 11:55   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood red View Post
I paid cash got a receipt but no season ticket he said he was going to post a voucher for sats match
See Quote on Fishy Site!!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 12:23   #36
God Member

Fingers crossed that with the state of the post at the moment everyone gets their vouchers on time. Don't know about anyone else but I only seem to receive my post on Mondays & Fridays
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 12:49   #37
God Member

I might have a wander up to the ground just to watch em all hand writing out 400 and odd envelopes!
Old 16-08-2007, 17:11   #38

God help any season ticket holder who's moved house recently.
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 20:20   #39
God Member

I collected mine this arvo just to make sure

felt sorry for Lee as he was busy sticking labels on envelopes and putting letters and tickets into em!
Old 16-08-2007, 21:11   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Monkey View Post
God help any season ticket holder who's moved house recently.
That is a good point. I'm glad the club has taken steps to resolve the problem but surely sending vouchers in the post may cause problems for season ticket holders? What if they are not delivered in time for the game or lost in the post? Wouldn't it have been better for the vouchers to be collected at the shop rather than sent in the post?
BTLawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 09:58   #41
God Member

Wahey ..... our tickets for tomorrow arrived in the post this morning. Just a small gripe though - there's no seat numbers on them so will have to get there early to make sure we get the seats which are supposed to be reserved with our season tickets. Not a problem though, at least we know we can get in without having to queue for hours
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 10:08   #42

mine have not arrived today not happy bunny
rosewood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 10:22   #43

i got mine too. On the ticket there are 2 rip off bits. One which says consession the other says adult so do you think that mean that i can use it for an adult and a consession or just one...
stanleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 10:29   #44
Senior Member+

The post has just been and guess what? No ticket for me. It looks as though those people who live in Accrington will get theirs, but those of us further afield will have to wait and hope.

Where I live I rarely get a Saturday delivery, so it really is a lottery as to whether I will get one or not. What provisions are in place for those who don't receive a voucher?
Old 17-08-2007, 10:30   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyfan View Post
i got mine too. On the ticket there are 2 rip off bits. One which says consession the other says adult so do you think that mean that i can use it for an adult and a consession or just one...
It's a dual purpose ticket, but it will only admit one person.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..