Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree161Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2015, 20:18   #211

Re: Signings.

Dunn sitatuion from the horses mouth. Stanley have offered him a deal! However Bolton want to sign him but Gartside (Bolton) has a grudge after last time he said he would sign for Bolton and instead resigned for Blackburn last minute from Birmingham, in a nutshell if he doesn't go Bolton he will look at Stanley as an option
Old 01-07-2015, 00:55   #212
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post
Dunn sitatuion from the horses mouth. Stanley have offered him a deal! However Bolton want to sign him but Gartside (Bolton) has a grudge after last time he said he would sign for Bolton and instead resigned for Blackburn last minute from Birmingham, in a nutshell if he doesn't go Bolton he will look at Stanley as an option
That wont go down well with Rovers fans. Their hero signing for their second most hated team! Besides i thought he was past playing in the second tier due to injury and old age.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:11   #213
Senior Member+

Jason Mooney confirmed...6ft 9
Old 01-07-2015, 08:16   #214
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well at least we wont have last seasons keeper farce, welcome aboard fella.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:16   #215
God Member

Good news, welcome to Stanley Jason
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:35   #216

Looks good on paper that we've got 2 goalkeepers signed for us, but the statistics for each goalie aren't too encouraging.
Mooney played 13 games for Alfreton Town last season. They had more goals scored against them than any other team in that league.
Etheridge had 13 goals scored passed him in his last 10 games.
Maybe Coley's strategy is to have such a good strike force that we score more goals than our opponents score...having said that, isn't that the general idea of football?
Redraine likes this.
Local Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:40   #217
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Personally aint a great believer in Stats, prefer to judge off ability, or what i see.
Local Red and Chrisr like this.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:46   #218
God Member

Without wishing to ruin F19's summer, we all know that last season Stanley conceded more goals than any other League 2 team and, with Cheltenham (of blessed memory, not), shared the worst record for clean sheets - only 5 games out of 46.
So, whatever their stats these two new lads have a vital part to play next season, and will have their work cut out.
Good luck to them. Hope they stay injury free and spur each other and the team on.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 15:34   #219
God Member

I thought Shay and Adam would have signed today as all old contracts will have run out now.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 15:38   #220
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I thought Shay and Adam would have signed today as all old contracts will have run out now.
They may have, i hope so, we will find out next week andyd.
Old 01-07-2015, 15:38   #221
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Players day off, they have probably gone shopping, maybe not AB, he just sleeps
Old 01-07-2015, 16:02   #222
God Member

Kevin Davies not been offered a contract by PNE, could probably do with another striker
Revived Red likes this.
Old 01-07-2015, 17:36   #223
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Without wishing to ruin F19's summer, we all know that last season Stanley conceded more goals than any other League 2 team and, with Cheltenham (of blessed memory, not), shared the worst record for clean sheets - only 5 games out of 46.
So, whatever their stats these two new lads have a vital part to play next season, and will have their work cut out.
Good luck to them. Hope they stay injury free and spur each other and the team on.
Loads of reasons why Exile,but I always look forward not backwards.
Looking forward to the coming season,group of young hungry players with good attitudes.
It's a question of how quick the lads settle and get to know what is required of them.
Would have liked another CB and left back,hopefully coley pulls another couple of aces from the pack although these maybe our loanees positions so I am not concerned.
Always maintained keepers generally blossom in their mid 20s so I hope they make an impression and go on to have good careers.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 20:11   #224

From the little bit of money we saw last season he never looked anything like a league 2 keeper. He looked ok in training and reserve games where he could come out and dominate his area but when in a first team match he looked almost scared to challenge in the box due to the physical tackle from the attackers. Due to his height he can't get to most shots and let in a few sitters in his first few games last season. He crumbles u det pressure as shown away to Newport when due to stick from their fans he seemed to have a nervous breakdown and couldn't do anything resulting in him being subbed off at half time and not. Ring seen again. Frankly we were desperate to get rid of him (and a few others) and treated him moving on like signing a player
Yorkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 20:25   #225

Everybody makes mistakes. Alex Ferguson was sacked by East Stirling. After all we once released Paul Mullin!! I'll judge with my own eyes.
AccyMad, cashman and Redash like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..