Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree161Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2015, 18:01   #271
God Member

Re: Signings.

Jason st Juste he played at Colne as well 29 been around non league for years did play for Darlington when they were in league I believe.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-07-2015, 18:07   #272
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
He took it because he was the captain for the second half!
Well if he was the captain, why not delegate to Bruna? who at least has a decent shot in his locker, Barry couldn't score in a brothel imho.
Old 11-07-2015, 19:20   #273
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Would that have been the coloured guy? he looked promising to me.
No, he was on the right. The player I'm on about played left wing. St Juste just wasted his opportunities with poor crosses instead of taking on his full back.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 06:56   #274
Senior Member+

Lots of positives to come out the game and fitness levels looked good.
It looked like we tried a 4-1-3-2 system in the first half with crookes sitting and a three of Windass,mccarten and mcconville.
This game us numbers going forward and we pinned them back.
Playing this way,you are narrow and their goal came from pushing the fullbacks on and getting to the byline.
Despite being isolated,thought crookes did ok,but we seemed more balanced in the second half we two in there.
Thought billy Kee caught the eye for me though
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:02   #275
Full Member+

no andrew procter yesterday?
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:22   #276
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

What occurred to me after talking to some old Blackburn mates, was the gate was very poor,given playing a championship side, if the prices had been better, then probably we could have got oer 2000, think we shot ourselves in the foot wi that un? still what do fans know.
yerself, AccyMad, Redraine and 2 others like this.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:26   #277
Senior Member+

Exactly cashman.

£15 for that, unfortunately way too expensive.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:05   #278
Senior Member+

I thought the 'little' Number 25 on the left wing in the second half looked a bit like a young Paul Scholes and played a bit like a young Paul Scholes too. He was very good on the ball and was very positive going forward. Josh windass was superb today. Etheridge impressed me in the second half playing in front of the Clayton End. He was very strong in coming out for crosses and positioned himself really well for shots. However, he had no chance for the second goal where Adam Buxton stood off the winger, opening the door for the lad to have a free shot which he smashed into the top corner! Had we scored the penalty before that I think we could have got the draw. The players looked fit and eager and I have to commend Buzza once again on getting the pitch up to such a good standard over the short summer break......amazing job ......well done Buzza! I am hoping that we can take advantage of the good surface with a creative passing approach in our league matches to come.
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 09:43   #279
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
What occurred to me after talking to some old Blackburn mates, was the gate was very poor,given playing a championship side, if the prices had been better, then probably we could have got oer 2000, think we shot ourselves in the foot wi that un? still what do fans know.
Another thing i noticed was the Clayton End had very few in comparatively, People missing who in the main i recognize but dont know, But i do know most of those woulda had to pay £15, so that probably backs up what the Blackburn fans told me?
Old 12-07-2015, 12:06   #280
God Member

Quote:
Another thing i noticed was the Clayton End had very few in comparatively, People missing who in the main i recognize but dont know, But i do know most of those woulda had to pay £15, so that probably backs up what the Blackburn fans told me?
Well I go to every home game in league don,t bother with home friendlys rather do the away ones especially if they are new for me as Colne was will probaly do 2 more this year but have to agree £15 is on the steep side for friendly games as lets be honest they are just fitness work outs or a chance for a odd trialist to shine.
Old 13-07-2015, 11:54   #281
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Buxton signed on for season it says on Fishy, great stuff one of our best when fit imho.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 13-07-2015, 12:15   #282
God Member

Good lad Adam, great news
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2015, 14:50   #283
God Member

Great news if fit a great player at this level a personal favourite come on Shay just you now another excellent player at this level.
baldy likes this.
Old 13-07-2015, 15:17   #284
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Great news if fit a great player at this level a personal favourite come on Shay just you now another excellent player at this level.
As both played on Sat, i assumed both had or were gonna do, no sense playing em otherwise imho?
Old 13-07-2015, 15:20   #285

Proccy no where near fitness (apparently) under went a weeks intense rehab last week

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..