Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree161Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2016, 16:57   #361
Resting in Peace

Re: Signings.

Aye, he doesn't look all that "athletic" from his photo at the moment but I'm sure John and Jimmy will lick him into shape in good time.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-01-2016, 18:30   #362
Senior Member+

Welcome on board, as we all know, we had Lee Molineaux up until recently, and he was tagged when he came to us, so give the guy a chance. If it works out for him then I am sure he will be offered an extension at the end of the season.
baldy likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 18:33   #363
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Think we will all give him a chance outback, Lee was a kid when he got tagged, our new addition has been done twice since 2012 fer same offence, reckon theres a difference yon? I hope he does well, but like Exile i reserve judgement.
Old 27-01-2016, 19:52   #364
Senior Member+

Another rumour...Mark Hughes, defender, who we had a few seasons ago has been released by Stevenage, apparently signing for Stanley!
Old 27-01-2016, 20:20   #365
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Another rumour...Mark Hughes, defender, who we had a few seasons ago has been released by Stevenage, apparently signing for Stanley!
Is this just the rumour mooted and then dismissed on Shrimpsvoices?

If true, that makes me nervous about Tom Davies's future with us.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 20:34   #366
Senior Member+

A few Stevenage fans think so too!

If true, hopefully just cover for the overload of fixtures coming up!
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 28-01-2016, 09:57   #367
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Think we will all give him a chance outback, Lee was a kid when he got tagged, our new addition has been done twice since 2012 fer same offence, reckon theres a difference yon? I hope he does well, but like Exile i reserve judgement.
most normal lads have done silly things in their teens and twenties which they would like to forget when they get older. I,d be surprised if anyone on here has never driven after a drink, gambled when they shouln,t or petticoat crazy or all the lot. its called growing up. we should only judge what the lad is like on the pitch and a good dressing room influence.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2016, 10:03   #368
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
most normal lads have done silly things in their teens and twenties which they would like to forget when they get older. I,d be surprised if anyone on here has never driven after a drink, gambled when they shouln,t or petticoat crazy or all the lot. its called growing up. we should only judge what the lad is like on the pitch and a good dressing room influence.
Aint that more or less what ive said? reserve judgement. its also worth pointing out,ive known a few that have been done for drink driving, ONCE and then it seems the lesson was learnt.
Old 28-01-2016, 10:34   #369
God Member

Stevenage fans don't seem to bothered he's leaving them, in fact some are almost celebrating - surprising as I thought he was a decent player when here last & he did ok for the Shrimps too? They're also saying he was one of their highest paid players, if true doubt we could afford him unless he wants to play for a better team & a more realistic pay packet ?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2016, 13:30   #370
Junior Member+

Better chance of Mark Hughes signing Previously I reckon especially as he's Joe Hinnegans nephew. Never did much out here in the A league for the Fury and looked a yard too slow. Happy to be proven wrong though
TheWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2016, 14:30   #371
God Member

Another one on his way out - Adam Morgan, left by mutual consent - tbh I'd almost forgotten he was here, shame but better that he goes somewhere he can actually play some games - best of luck to the lad
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2016, 14:40   #372
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

can only wish the lad well. i had forgotten he was here,probably due to being n owd fart.
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 29-01-2016, 08:21   #373
God Member

Welcome aboard Mark Hughes signed till end of season.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 08:45   #374
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Aint that more or less what ive said? reserve judgement. its also worth pointing out,ive known a few that have been done for drink driving, ONCE and then it seems the lesson was learnt.
don't want to start an argument on here as we are all in the same boat together but why do people mention his off the field antics or anybody elses for that matter. unless he,s crossed the line like lee hughes or ched evans I,ll reserve judgement on what he does on the pitch. I occasionally look at a couple of other non accy websites and lots seem to have a downer on players who have been naughty off the pitch.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 09:49   #375
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I wouldn't have mentioned his off field antics at all, if they hadn't been put on a link on here, cos i knew sod all about em, the fact they were entitles anyone who reads to a view on the matter,in my book.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..