Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2015, 23:25   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Team for Tranmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
you dont know that.
Beattie's hoof ball would have had us beaten in the 1st round.
Ok....... Maybe so but very much doubt it.

So just explain the Crooks debacle please ?
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-01-2015, 23:29   #92
Senior Member+

I can see what he was doing with crooks, but I accept the point about it being costly at times not having a natural finisher in the role.
Truth be told, there are not alot of options around on loan for what we are after.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2015, 23:40   #93
Senior Member+

Quote:
I can see what he was doing with crooks, but I accept the point about it being costly at times not having a natural finisher in the role.
Truth be told, there are not alot of options around on loan for what we are after.
What can you see about playing a CB as CF 5 times when there's far better options in the squad and then just get pig-headed and wrongly stick with it when rightly criticised ?
Old 18-01-2015, 23:45   #94
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
you dont know that.
Beatties hoof ball!! When was that I can't remember hoof football under beats! Pass and run played the ball on the floor.
Old 19-01-2015, 00:34   #95

Quote:
I can see what he was doing with crooks
I think we could all see what he was doing with Crooks, but it was obvious to us that it was like watching a baby giraffe run about up front after about half an hour whereas it took Coley a month to see it because he was playing favourites or he was forced into playing him by the terms of the loan deal.

The lad played for Hartlepool at the Crown in Stanley's 3-1 win back in October and skied one chance over the Clayton End from 12 yards and put another out for a throw-in from a similar range. If that wasn't indication enough that he wasn't a striker then Christ knows what Coley was waiting to see.

Interestingly, reports from Huddersfield have him down as a central midfielder or a central defender, so maybe he is a decent player if he's put in the right position but we'll never know from his time at Stanley.
StanleyAccrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 11:55   #96
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyAccrington View Post
I think we could all see what he was doing with Crooks, but it was obvious to us that it was like watching a baby giraffe run about up front after about half an hour whereas it took Coley a month to see it because he was playing favourites or he was forced into playing him by the terms of the loan deal.

The lad played for Hartlepool at the Crown in Stanley's 3-1 win back in October and skied one chance over the Clayton End from 12 yards and put another out for a throw-in from a similar range. If that wasn't indication enough that he wasn't a striker then Christ knows what Coley was waiting to see.

Interestingly, reports from Huddersfield have him down as a central midfielder or a central defender, so maybe he is a decent player if he's put in the right position but we'll never know from his time at Stanley.
When he first came i mentioned he caught my eye when he came on for Hartlepool.
I remember him giving Rob a few problems and would have scored,but Jess pulled off a good save.
Wonder why Hartlepool played him up top as well ?.
Coley probably remembered him and thought there was potential in converting him into a 6-5 Liam Dickinson type of player(he always caused problems).
He must be good in the air if he played centre back,but strangely didn't show it.
You had to give him a run of games to get a true opinion,but i think our passing style exposed his limitations.
Hope he does well in his career,but as others have said he has to keep on improving
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 13:23   #97
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Remember we have been losing 2-1 in the 92 minute and won 3-2.
94th at Mansfield! We met three blokes on the station afterwards who thought Mansfield had won!
Revived Red and yonmon like this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 14:55   #98
Senior Member+

Quote:
you dont know that.
Beatties setting up for a draw "1 point is better than none" tactic would have put us out in the first round!
Old 19-01-2015, 15:01   #99
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well Colemans tactic sure as hell put us out in the second. J.B.s tactics are your speculation, Colemans every one yon could see.
Old 19-01-2015, 16:27   #100
Senior Member+

I propose "staying to the end" as one of the essential criteria for "fan of the year"
Old 19-01-2015, 16:43   #101
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
I propose "staying to the end" as one of the essential criteria for "fan of the year"
I propose an automatic ban for taking a photograph of a photograph and posting it on line to pretend you were at a match.
Old 19-01-2015, 17:22   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Expecting the "fan of the year" to attend games never mind stay to the end

"How pathetic"!!

© Dav007
Chimer likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 20:11   #103
Senior Member+

good evening to all my fans,
how are you today?

How come I didnt see any of you at Tranmere?
baldy likes this.
Old 19-01-2015, 20:21   #104

Quote:
good evening to all my fans,
how are you today?

How come I didnt see any of you at Tranmere?
Either you weren't there or you didn't stay long enough to be noticed. You probably won't see anybody next week or the week after either
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 20:25   #105
Senior Member+

i was there but i dont need to prove myself to a part timer.

Has kipax taken his usual photos?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..