Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-01-2015, 20:33   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Team for Tranmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
This summary makes very strange reading. In just a handful of lines, he blames (a) defenders, (b) absence of game last week, (c) himself for being too "cocky", thinking we were better than we actually are and not giving Tranmere the respect they deserve, (d) attackers ("in front of goal ... wasteful").

I would rather see some specifics, including thoughts about his team selection, choice and timing of substitutions - and even some mention of motivational skills.
Revived,it was a weird game !!.
After 80 minutes they had 3 shots,3goals!!,our keeper didn't make a save or had to catch a ball.
In a strange way I was disappointed with the result ,but not the effort.
Big Kay give us a good bruising encounter but wasn't involved or scored any of the goals !! Weird.
Strange no-one else has mentioned the CBs performance,especially when big Kay received the ball 50 yards out,turned and skinned rob for pace and I can't recall us winning a header ( we never won the second balls either)
I feel on another day we could have easily won
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-01-2015, 20:38   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Dont yeh think most of the game Hoof Ball up to a tiny forward who is covered by a giant defender, there is only gonna be one winner football19? the few times we played a passing game we were a far better side. Dont take much coaching ability to tell em that, just wish the dynamic duo possessed it.
Old 17-01-2015, 20:44   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyAccrington View Post
For the first Coneelly did well originally to intercept and move forward but then tries to do too much, loses the ball stupidly and is caught out of position. It's a good finish from Donnelly getting across his marker but the cross should never have come in in the first place.

I'll have to see the second goal again but all I remember is the Tranmere left back having the freedom of the left wing to run into space before getting his cross in which deflected into the path of Fenelon to lash past Macey, who had no chance for all three goals but looked okay.
Your spot on with the first goal,although on reflection,I would praise his movement rather than Tom getting caught ,the second Kai never tracked the fullback when dean went with the winger who came short.
Still think we should be dealing with crosses tho,which is bread and butter to our lads
Old 17-01-2015, 20:52   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Your spot on with the first goal,although on reflection,I would praise his movement rather than Tom getting caught ,the second Kai never tracked the fullback when dean went with the winger who came short.
Still think we should be dealing with crosses tho,which is bread and butter to our lads
Coley said post-match that the most disappointing thing about the first goal is that Donnelly was the only Tranmere player in the box and there were 3 Stanley defenders there yet he still managed to score.

I'll have a look at the second goal on FLS later but have a feeling you're probably right. Trying to picture it now, it does seem as though Winnard came to halfway and got done by the midfielder which let Taylor scamper away unmarked to put the cross in.
StanleyAccrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2015, 20:55   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Dont yeh think most of the game Hoof Ball up to a tiny forward who is covered by a giant defender, there is only gonna be one winner football19? the few times we played a passing game we were a far better side. Dont take much coaching ability to tell em that, just wish the dynamic duo possessed it.
Any ball in the air is no good for our forwards,and as the game slowed down we started to get it down.
Teams know how we play and normally have a defensive midfielder to stop this.
Just watched the goals on sky
Old 17-01-2015, 21:00   #36

If most of the game is hoofball then why not put a physical presence up front i.e Carver rather than one of the Borrowers? Baffling.
Old 17-01-2015, 21:09   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Coley said post-match that the most disappointing thing about the first goal is that Donnelly was the only Tranmere player in the box and there were 3 Stanley defenders there yet he still managed to score.

I'll have a look at the second goal on FLS later but have a feeling you're probably right. Trying to picture it now, it does seem as though Winnard came to halfway and got done by the midfielder which let Taylor scamper away unmarked to put the cross in.
Just watched the goals on sky.
The first,we gave the ball away but Piero switched off,rob failed to stop the cross (can't understand what he was doing there as his man wasn't!)Tom was worried about the cross and their lad put the brakes on for a split second and the cross found him.being critical,Tom was facing the ball,when he should open up his body (easy for me to say )
The second,the fullback got away but Tom failed to stop the cross and rob back heeled it into their lads path(looked easier to conceed a corner)
The third,Tom held up the winger who passed it inside to Kay,Tom got drawn to him as rob was struggling to get round,and we fell for the old one-two.
Can see why Coley was moaning now
Old 17-01-2015, 21:25   #38
God Member

Coley did moan about our defence but these lads have been a rock for most games - just wondering if it's the same problem as when Coley & Jimmy were here previously & by their own admission concentrated on coaching the forwards as that was the position they played & therefore had the most knowledge of - hence the policy of 'if they score 2 we'll score 3' - just a thought
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2015, 21:37   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Coley did moan about our defence but these lads have been a rock for most games - just wondering if it's the same problem as when Coley & Jimmy were here previously & by their own admission concentrated on coaching the forwards as that was the position they played & therefore had the most knowledge of - hence the policy of 'if they score 2 we'll score 3' - just a thought
Got Mike Newell in coaching - another former striker as well.
Old 17-01-2015, 21:40   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Hope redraines not logged in,but we have had 1 clean sheet in 18 !,that means we have to score minimum 2 goals a win !!!!
Just a thought
Old 17-01-2015, 21:53   #41
Senior Member+

well

the positives -

Tranmere's entry price and catering, reasonable prices and meal deals, take note other clubs.
Odejayi & Donnelly - best 2 players on the pitch
Joyce - though he did well and carried Proctor

the negatives -
Aldred and Atkinson - both awful today, not just defensivly, there distribution at times was horrific
Conneely - not a left back. Some players are one footed but have a limited use of the other foot; not Conneely, he is very one footed.
Proctor - lost all of his battles, poor postiional sense, looked a yard slower than everyone around him.
Maguire - didnt get much service, but what support he did get he never looked threatening.
Tactics - We clearly set up incorrectly as Tranmere changed their game from the Morecambe draw. However, when it was clear Conneely at left back would limit us and that the formation and tactic was not working, the failure to change it was poor.
I havent got a problem with getting it wrong, but I have got a problem with a failure to change it.

The most annoying thing of all is the failure of our attacking players to take their chances. At the very least, we should have scored 1 goal. The worst part of tranmeres team is the defence and we did not exploit it.

And some of the so called fans on this forum are a disgrace.
When we where losing game after game at home playing hoof ball under Beattie , those of us who dared question the manager where shouted down and told to get behind the club.
This is not colemans team, this is Beatties team.
Please support the club and stop being so stupid, the players had an off day and the manager has come out and admitted he got it wrong.
Beattie never admitted he got it wrong.
The manager also pointed out correctly our defending for the first 2 goals was shocking.

Its no secret I dont rate Atkinson, and the guy did nothing today to prove me wrong.

And why has no on mentioned the penalty we should have had which was clearly in the area or the referee booking Aldred for nothing?

We have got to start taking our chances. While I can see Maguire is a good player and will make it as a football league standard of player, I cant help think he is a luxury at times.
In some ways I am please he has gone to give others in the squad a chance and potentially bring in a more physical presence on loan up front.
cashman likes this.

Last edited by DAV007; 17-01-2015 at 21:55.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2015, 22:28   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
In some ways I am please he has gone to give others in the squad a chance and potentially bring in a more physical presence on loan up front.
Let's get Matt Crooks back!
Old 17-01-2015, 22:53   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Good post fer once davo. agree i have no problem wi getting it wrong, its the failure to recognise and do summat about it that grieves me. Whilst yeh may not get the changes right also, at least have the sense to make em in good time. Also agree the penalty we should have had was blatant, but would not have made a scrap of difference to the result.
smudgie likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 17-01-2015 at 22:55.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2015, 23:16   #44
God Member

Quote:
Got Mike Newell in coaching - another former striker as well.
Having Mike Newell in does not instill any more confidence tbh, chequered history to say the least - let's just hope we don't get any female officials at any of our games
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2015, 23:21   #45

Jesus, I've heard it all now. How can you blame that abomination today on Beattie? The sooner Accyweb introduce an ignore button the sooner we don't need to read the inane drivel from Dav007. The only thing is if he does likewise it will be an autobiography because the rest of the world appear to be haters!!!
smudgie likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..