Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2006, 16:46   #16
Senior Member+

Re: todays game

Unfortunately I can't do a match report today as the website hasn't been updated yet and I only have an internet connection for a few minutes. I won't have another connection until Thursday, so there you go.

If I was to summarise the game today, I'd say that it was daylight robbery! Call the police!
Old 25-02-2006, 17:17   #17
Member.

It was quite fraught at times, Burton played well they weren’t afraid to play the ball and they took possession at every opportunity, strong in the attack but failed to make it count. Stanley played a poor first half and should have been sharper on the ball, but the 2-1 score says to me that even though they’d played a scrappy game they won it fair and square. Goals win games and points bring promotion and in that they did both.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2006, 17:49   #18

I honestly think Burton were the better team today, and how they went away with nothing is beyond me. Still, 3 points are 3 points!

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2006, 18:01   #19
God Member

I have seen us play bad a few times.. But today was up there with the real bad ones..

hahaha and we still got three points
Old 25-02-2006, 18:04   #20
God Member

Who got M.O.T.M I wouldn't like the job of picking one today

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2006, 18:05   #21
God Member

Elliot GK........
Old 25-02-2006, 18:06   #22

How we came away with all the points today was a complete mystery. Burton were by far the better team today by an absolute mile, on the pitch and off it. We were totally out played, out battled and even more worryingly outwitted. Cloughy and his team had done their homework superbly and dominated the game from start to finish. Whatever formation they played worked and I only hope that super JC sorts the chaps out for the next game beacause thay looked shattered today. And in respect they have every right to be.

Gary Roberts was totally dominated, and it appeared to me as though he was just going through the motions, and come to think of it same goes for Rommy. I have never been PM's biggest fan but in the last 4/5 games he has been outstanding and a complete role model for all the boys in red, absolute class.

So into March we go and if you read my previous posts (not that you will!!!) is looking as though it will be the most important month we have ever faced. In exactly fourteen days time we will know whether we are going to be a league team next season or just making up the numbers in non league footy again. It really is as simple as that.

As a kid growing up playing football every night on the Peel Park I always wondered what it would be like for Accrington to have a 'proper' football team.........and I really hope that after all these years I will soon know!

ON STANLEY ON
THE PEEL PARK GHOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2006, 18:07   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
I honestly think Burton were the better team today, and how they went away with nothing is beyond me. Still, 3 points are 3 points!
Couldn't agree more, but how immense was Elliott (and Mullin, particularly in 1st half). Two headers, two goals - that's about it, I think.

Anyway, well done Stanley, 8 in a row. Did feel sorry for Burton and their fans, though.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.

Last edited by Oggy; 25-02-2006 at 18:15.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2006, 18:09   #24

There's no pleasing some people!

Despite topping the table, on the verge of an historic promotion and playing some of the best football seen at the Crown / IES for many a year - some people still find time to complain!

A Gentleman was on his way out - just before the final whistle - mouthing off about how Coley had got it wrong for not changing the midfield blah! blah!

I asked where John was going to "magic up" such a player who would make a difference in a game played in a difficult swirling wind and with the limited choice he had available for today's game. The guy only wanted to moan - so I pointed out thta we were 13 points clear at the top and that credit must be given to the opposition (Burton played extremely well). He skulked off - missing the winning goal - how sad!

As I've said before - "Keep the faith" because if you can still pick up points when you haven't played well...........?

Come on Accy!!!!! and to the guy who left early - "All the Best"!
coley1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2006, 18:11   #25
God Member

Why didn't Coley bring any subs on? he must have seen they weren't playing their best as we did

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2006, 18:37   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by coley1957
There's no pleasing some people!

Come on Accy!!!!! and to the guy who left early - "All the Best"!
Good post, I've never left a football match before the final whistle in my life, and I'll never understand why people do it. Would you do it at the pictures or the theatre!

Yes the lads seemed jaded, but knowing the emotions I'm experiencing this season, it can only be worse for them. They are possibly the best team to have ever represented Stanley, (open to responses from the guys that saw the league teams).

We've lost Barry and Jags in the last few weeks, and we're still winning games! Looking forward to Jags coming back, lot of nouse there.

ON, STANLEY,ON

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2006, 18:56   #27

Yeh, here here for the the last post...

We made a lot of hard work for ourselves today, as other folk have already said they were the better side on the day...

But, grinding out wins from lacklustre games is the play of a team with true grit 'n' determination!

The game, play and team of CHAMPIONS!!!:engsmil:
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2006, 18:56   #28
Resting in Peace

Too many games in the last few weeks are taking their toll. Coley should rest most of the team on Tuesday night if it's allowed.
Brilliant result today though but, the luckiest ever.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2006, 18:57   #29

I did think that mully got the last though,,,,
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2006, 19:03   #30
Senior Member+

yes spud it was mullin...I said to rocky good goal but he laughed and said it wasn't me it was mullers but i'll have it...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..