Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2006, 23:45   #46

Re: todays game

Three games in eight days certainly looked to have taken their toll, and just how important is Andy Todd (is Godd) to this side.
It's a good job Dick Turpin was playing today . I think the left and right posts at the Coppice end had a fantastic game today both playing a blinder in the first half . When we play Southport on Tuesday (what another game!! ) it would be a good idea to have a few shots, it did seem today that the only time we strung any passes together was when we were in or around Burtons penalty area and had a clear sight of goal. There was also one or two Rory-esque type 'dives' when it would have been far easier to actually get the ball., and it must have been obvious by that time that the ref was useless and hadn't given either side anything. Still he did give us a corner that should have been a goal kick and the rest they say is history. Anyway its time to feed Black Bess and polish the flintlocks for soon we must ride out again.

2-1 fantastic

Just think though if we can play like this and win we will probably never lose again, FANTASTIC. Watch out Chelsea

Oh, and Robbie Elliot, the guy is phenominil(damn) I mean phenomanal(damn) that is phinomanil(blast), he's a really good keeper.
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2006, 23:50   #47
God Member

just got in
to summarise today - we saw proof that we are a league winning side. end of.

a team that can play that awful with a ref that didnt know what the frig he was doing and come away with 3 points deserves to win the league

in all fairness we were played off the park; but at the end of the day we did the business, burton had around 20 good attacks and converted one goal. we had 3 attacks; converted 2 of them.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2006, 09:07   #48

We had a day off today, Robbie was woeful at the best. We left the ground about 5 mins from the end, cold and downhearted only to be told we had scored in the 91st minute. Nevermind if we can win when we play so badly we must have a chance this season
fettler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2006, 09:44   #49
rob

anyone who saw yesterday's game will say the same things, and full credit to burton who stopped us playing and at the same time looked very impressive.

but how can anyone leave early with a game at 1-1? having endured the 90 odd minutes that had gone before, the paul mullin goal that got us the three points will go down as one of those great stanley memories of all time. one of those split second moments of pure joy, such a rush of emotion as we see the ball hit the back of the net. we'll talk about that goal for years to come.

there's still a long way to go before we can start any celebrations, but today was yet another small step towards where we all want to be...

isn't football brilliant...
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2006, 10:18   #50
God Member

Didnt Man Utd win a european cup final scoring 2 in injury time.. summat like that.. imagine missing that cus ya wanted to beat traffic

3 points is the bee all and end all now.. doesnt matter how we get them even if we rob them (sorry rob hehe)

But I am still going to moan if I sit through a dire performance, Just like I commend if sat through a brilliant game.

I WANT TO BE A LEAGUE PHOTOGRAPHER!
Old 26-02-2006, 10:31   #51
Senior Member+

Totally agree with the last 2 posts!!

We are making history and people want to leave a few mins early just for the sake of a few mins (doesnt all add up)

Not having a go fettler but why do u leave early?

Supose if you pay your money u can leave in the first min for all i care
Old 26-02-2006, 10:42   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
anyone who saw yesterday's game will say the same things, and full credit to burton who stopped us playing and at the same time looked very impressive.

but how can anyone leave early with a game at 1-1? having endured the 90 odd minutes that had gone before, the paul mullin goal that got us the three points will go down as one of those great stanley memories of all time. one of those split second moments of pure joy, such a rush of emotion as we see the ball hit the back of the net. we'll talk about that goal for years to come.

there's still a long way to go before we can start any celebrations, but today was yet another small step towards where we all want to be...

isn't football brilliant...
You can't please everybody, Rob

But that goal goes down with Hackers at Burscough, the winner at Radcliffe etc etc

I love football

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2006, 10:54   #53

Talking Re: todays game

Remember everyone - Burton have robbed us in the last few minutes on enough occasions in the past - about time we did it to them... If they werent good enough to finish with the amount of chances we allowed them to have, tough....

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2006, 11:54   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PEEL PARK GHOST
How we came away with all the points today was a complete mystery. Burton were by far the better team today by an absolute mile, on the pitch and off it. We were totally out played, out battled and even more worryingly outwitted. Cloughy and his team had done their homework superbly and dominated the game from start to finish. Whatever formation they played worked and I only hope that super JC sorts the chaps out for the next game beacause thay looked shattered today. And in respect they have every right to be.

Gary Roberts was totally dominated, and it appeared to me as though he was just going through the motions, and come to think of it same goes for Rommy. I have never been PM's biggest fan but in the last 4/5 games he has been outstanding and a complete role model for all the boys in red, absolute class.

So into March we go and if you read my previous posts (not that you will!!!) is looking as though it will be the most important month we have ever faced. In exactly fourteen days time we will know whether we are going to be a league team next season or just making up the numbers in non league footy again. It really is as simple as that.

As a kid growing up playing football every night on the Peel Park I always wondered what it would be like for Accrington to have a 'proper' football team.........and I really hope that after all these years I will soon know!

ON STANLEY ON

It just goes to show what a good team we have aat Stanley at the mo cos even when we play Cr*p and we were Cr*p to day lets face it we carried on going and won the game so big up the team for going until the final whistle
jonnyfartpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2006, 14:46   #55

I have paid good money for a season ticket + a reserved seat + a parking space so if I want to leave a minute before the end and miss a great goal I bloody well will do ...... damn it
fettler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2006, 14:52   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettler
I have paid good money for a season ticket + a reserved seat + a parking space so if I want to leave a minute before the end and miss a great goal I bloody well will do ...... damn it
haha good one fella..
Old 26-02-2006, 14:57   #57
rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettler
bet you don't do it again this season ;-)
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2006, 19:18   #58
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister Onymfo
Three games in eight days certainly looked to have taken their toll, and just how important is Andy Todd (is Godd) to this side.
It's a good job Dick Turpin was playing today . I think the left and right posts at the Coppice end had a fantastic game today both playing a blinder in the first half . When we play Southport on Tuesday (what another game!! ) it would be a good idea to have a few shots, it did seem today that the only time we strung any passes together was when we were in or around Burtons penalty area and had a clear sight of goal. There was also one or two Rory-esque type 'dives' when it would have been far easier to actually get the ball., and it must have been obvious by that time that the ref was useless and hadn't given either side anything. Still he did give us a corner that should have been a goal kick and the rest they say is history. Anyway its time to feed Black Bess and polish the flintlocks for soon we must ride out again.

2-1 fantastic

Just think though if we can play like this and win we will probably never lose again, FANTASTIC. Watch out Chelsea

Oh, and Robbie Elliot, the guy is phenominil(damn) I mean phenomanal(damn) that is phinomanil(blast), he's a really good keeper.
Hilarious as always, Your Excellency. Please visit us more often.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2006, 19:29   #59

Smile Re: todays game

Well done, the lads (with a bit of help from above in this case). The lack of substitutions was a puzzle but Coley knew best, didn't he? Must say the deterioration in the form of Gary Roberts is worrying but then the performances of the likes of Andy Tretton and Ian Craney are reassuring. I felt sorry for the Burton team who played very well but not their fans who proved themselves, yet again,tiresome, loudmouthed losers. To see the downbeat, miserable looks on their faces as they trooped off at the end was almost as brilliant as the winning goal!
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2006, 21:31   #60
Senior Member+

The guy who gave Coley the gob full before leaving early wasn't about 5'10" to 6 foot, thin, and wearing a black jacket and jeans with grey almost white hair was he?

If it was, he was the guy that Coley offered to give him his money back earlier in the season so he could get lost and put it to better use on say a new pair of specs!!!
It was very funny, however, removing the guy from the dugout area whilst trying not to laugh in his face wasn't!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..