Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2006, 21:32   #61
God Member

Re: todays game

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualtrough
Well done, the lads (with a bit of help from above in this case). The lack of substitutions was a puzzle but Coley knew best, didn't he? Must say the deterioration in the form of Gary Roberts is worrying but then the performances of the likes of Andy Tretton and Ian Craney are reassuring. I felt sorry for the Burton team who played very well but not their fans who proved themselves, yet again,tiresome, loudmouthed losers. To see the downbeat, miserable looks on their faces as they trooped off at the end was almost as brilliant as the winning goal!
I was also surprised at the lack of substitutions; but hey maybe Coley predicted Mullers' goal? You never know...

"Gary Roberts' deterioration in form"
I think this is not the case; Gary is now man marked from start to finish by 2 or 3 players in every game thanks to the exposure on the telly! Just watch the Morecambe game back...Chris 'jesus' Blackburn was never away from Gary's heels. It's hard for the lad but as long as he can keep getting the crosses in and providing spectacuar free kicks I dont think there's a problem.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-02-2006, 22:14   #62

Interesting quote from Cloughie in todays Non League paper
"We were robbed... but it shows why Accrington are going into the league & we are not."
There speaks a man who knows, wonder if his dad told him? RIP
Old 27-02-2006, 07:52   #63
God Member

Yea, we did rob them but I for one don't give a damn. I have bad memories of Burton's fans from a few seasons ago at their place and on Saturday they proved that they really haven't improved. Someone in the bar on Saturday said it was an embarrassing display by our lads, thats as maybe but if it means taking 3 points off a team like Burton I'd be embarrassed like that any day of the week
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2006, 08:43   #64

I still remember that prat from a couple of seasons ago, wishing us good luck against Bournemouth after they'd dumped us out of the FA Trophy. We went down a couple of weeks later, and drew 1-1. The same fella turned round and said to us, "I hope Colchester batter ya!". What an idiot...

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2006, 09:01   #65
God Member

I went to the first game for quite a while on Saturday.

My thoughts?

We were played off the ground. Burton beat us to nearly every ball. I was stood behind the burton goal for both halves and I glad I have decent eyesight cause I reckon 80% of the game was played in the far half of the pitch. What I struggled to work out was why our lads persisted with the long high ball when the wind was causing it so much trouble. basically the ball was loosing all its lateral speed and dropping almost vertically out the sky so it was really difficult for the lads to knock it on for someone to run onto it. Burton on the other hand tended to keep it on the deck to good effect. I reckon Coley didn't subsitute as it was that bloody cold he was punishing the lads that were out there for not playing like we know they can

Still a superb end to the game which sent us all home cosy and warm inside. I'm still trying to find out who has been credited with the goal? I thought it was Mullin but in the NOTW the tiny write up said Roberts but the results page credited both to Paul?

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2006, 09:37   #66

I originally thought it wass Rocky, but apparently it was Mullys

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2006, 09:39   #67
Senior Member+

I thought rocky too ???????
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2006, 10:14   #68
God Member

Mully said afterwards in the clubhouse that it was definately his but was a bit miffed that sky sports news had only credited him with one
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2006, 20:57   #69
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy
I've never left a football match before the final whistle in my life, and I'll never understand why people do it.
Being 7-0 down away at Hyde United was a good reason too and when I got home I discovered I'd missed two goals from Brett talk about adding insult to injury.

Also I've found leaving Stevenage early is a good move at times as you have to walk past 1,000 gloating home fans to get to the corner flag.

Mind you at 1-1 you've gotta be daft.
Old 27-02-2006, 20:59   #70
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ndy
Being 7-0 down away at Hyde United was a good reason too and when I got home I discovered I'd missed two goals from Brett talk about adding insult to injury.

Also I've found leaving Stevenage early is a good move at times as you have to walk past 1,000 gloating home fans to get to the corner flag.

Mind you at 1-1 you've gotta be daft.
ignore corner flag and read car park everyone - thats what comes of having a the day from hell at work!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..