Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2007, 14:55   #106
God Member

Re: today's match at daggers

all other games in lg2 finished now and still 12th with only 3 wins and a draw behind the leaders mk dons and only rochdale with a chance to go past us with their game in hand

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-10-2007, 15:04   #107

A great result for Stanley...

I bet RS has had a result as well at QR
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 15:19   #108
Senior Member+

Taken from the Dagenham messageboard

Quote:
I hope he club take the appropiate action in banning those idiots fighting from attending dagenham's games in the future.
Was there a bit of trouble then?
Old 14-10-2007, 15:45   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
It was already over line when cav tried to clear it and it went into net so not given as own goal, phew
Just got back from the match and it was definately Cav's own goal (from where I was) ball was going wide before Cav slid in and smashed it into roof of net. Great all-round performance with the defence looking sound, midfield well organised Proccy being the pick of the midfield for me and David Brown shaky at times IMHO, and we looked lively up front. Only downside my bloody head is sunburnt..!!!

Tractorboy Red
Old 14-10-2007, 16:29   #110
Junior Member+

Great result guys. Onwards and upwards. Have Stanley turned the corner? I hope so.

Pablo, West Sussex.
Tombstonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 16:38   #111
Full Member+

did you get many ipswich fans to go marty?
Old 14-10-2007, 16:46   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
did you get many ipswich fans to go marty?
Er.........No!! I tried but no luck. Me and my lad went, his mate and my colleague from work came with us. However they both loved it and are already talking about going to MK Dons in december so it looks as though we have another couple long distance Stanleyites!!

Tractorboy Red
Old 14-10-2007, 16:47   #113
God Member

Well done lads, brilliant result, Sounded like a real solid team performance, specially in the 1st half. Can we please please have the same on Friday night and send those silkmen home with their tails between their legs again
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 17:02   #114
God Member

Fanf***kintastic!!!!...to wake up to this result...work will be a breeze today... Well done STANLEY
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 17:34   #115
God Member

Quote:
Moved up to 12th in the table
Fishy site league table now updated

Quote:
no bookings in that game
Take it the Evil sub didn't get on then

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 18:04   #116
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

great result and for me great credit must go to coleman, who manages the club with little cash, etc yet always seems to take the club forward every season,no mean feat with the funds available.
Old 14-10-2007, 18:29   #117

Just in from the game, a very solid performance, more perspiration than inspiration, but a well-deserved three points. Coley went for a 5-3-2, with the midfield trio of Proctor, Brown and Harris positioned centrally. Though this appeared to leave us short of width on paper, we actually threatened the most from wide positions. The first goal was a gem, a swift one-touch movement with a pass out wide, a volleyed cross and a perfectly-placed, glanced header from McGivern, all executed too quickly for the home defence to react. The second goal was similar – another fast, direct cross from the right nutted home by an unmarked Proccy with the minimum of fuss. It was significant that our second came just after we had needlessly handed them an equaliser. Their right winger had put in a low cross that was on its way out beyond the back post, but Cav had committed himself and came steaming in, but didn’t have the room to direct his clearance over the bar and found the roof of the net instead. It was probably the first on-target effort on our goal, so that was a sickener, but it was a real boost for the lads to retake the lead so quickly, and definitely a downer for Dagenham.
<O</O
The thing that wound me up the most all afternoon was our attitude in the second-half, for we simply sat back and invited their pressure. Now, as we have become used to, Roberts was tremendous throughout, winning virtually everything in the air, and Rocky had a good one too. But why sit back with such abandon? When we won the ball at the back, we simply hoofed it in the general direction of Mullers or Leighton, and it didn’t take long for them to win possession back and pressure us again. The saving grace was the fact that Dagenham were so one-dimensional in attack, lumping long ball after long ball into our box. An attack with a bit more variation would have posed us far more trouble, and we got away with it when they did find a clear opportunity. They brought Benson on and he immediately had a free header that he fluffed, and this was followed by another near headed miss.
<O</O
Our third was, frankly, against the run of play and was due entirely to the energy and variation that D’Sane brought to the attack when he came on. Finally we had someone who could hold the ball and then take on the defence with pace. The chance emerged after Roscoe ran at them and unleashed a swerving 20-yarder that hit the bar, leaving a perfectly-placed Mullin with a simple head-in from the rebound. Roscoe should then have had one himself when Cav curled a perfect far post cross onto his shiny bonce, but he headed over with the goal gaping. Something to work on in training there.
<O</O
But even 3-1 up you weren’t completely relaxed about the result. The second-half tactics of sitting back didn’t make for that convincing a performance, and this against a Dagenham team that will struggle to stay up on this showing, they completely lacked penetration, and I’d say that this was probably the worst Dagenham performance of the four I have now seen between us and them at their place. On the upside, the whole team showed tremendous commitment and determination. Rocky and Roberts were excellent, and both Harris and Proctor were effective and industrious. It definitely helped them to have Brown alongside as an outlet, and though Browny struggled a little to find the through ball and was caught in possession every now and again, he played an important role nonetheless. Cav and Leam were solid though seemed unsure at times as to whether to come forward or stay back. Roscoe’s cameo thankfully took us over the finishing line, for it would have been a farce had we let such a misfiring team back into a game that we had controlled during the first half.
<O</O
Phil
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 18:44   #118
Resting in Peace

Thanks for a fine report, Phil. Do you know if Roscoe was on the bench because of not being fully fit or was Leighton preferred for tactical reasons? Did their goalie Roberts have his usual crack with the Stanley fans - a real character, that lad!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 18:47   #119
Senior Member+

I've just arrived home from Dagenham and found that Phil Whalley has said just about everything I was going to say. A great team performance in which Roberts was again outstanding. Well done, Stanley.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 18:50   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Did their goalie Roberts have his usual crack with the Stanley fans - a real character, that lad!
Yes he got slated...!! Can someone post on here the songs which were being sung about him or PM me please, I was in fits of laughter and didn't hear the words.... We had a helluva day..!!

Tractorboy Red

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..