Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2007, 18:51   #121
Senior Member+

Re: today's match at daggers

One other thing to say. I thought the referee and linesmen were excellent. Maybe one or two mistakes but no-one is perfect. They kept the game moving - and no yellow cards.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-10-2007, 20:06   #122
Senior Member+

We won 3 games away from home in the 23 we played last season, we've already won 3 out of 6 this season already....
Old 14-10-2007, 20:37   #123
God Member

whats goin on how come they can come away with a performance like that and the week before play like hairdresssersa well lets hope for a repeat peformance on friday.please will the real stanley turn up:Banane2 5:because i heard macc were bringing at least 400.im sick of seeing away supporters celebrating

cmon you reds
Old 14-10-2007, 20:39   #124
Senior Member+

As others have said, this sounds like a team performance. Well done to JC and all the staff and players. However, there is a worrying trend that we tend to sit back on leads after half time. It has been said a thousand times, attack is the best form of defence, so why stop attacking? Lets hope we can bring this sort of performance to the FES because fortress Accrington has been very leaky of late. See you all Friday.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 20:47   #125
God Member

see you,s there cmon you reds cmon you reds...........
Old 14-10-2007, 20:54   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Thanks for a fine report, Phil. Do you know if Roscoe was on the bench because of not being fully fit or was Leighton preferred for tactical reasons? Did their goalie Roberts have his usual crack with the Stanley fans - a real character, that lad!
Not certain about Roscoe, I think it has been suggested elsewhere that he has a slight shoulder problem, which sounds more plausible than a tactical switch. Leighton did okay and his header was a blinder, but it wasn't a game for the strikers to shine, as in the first half we kept the ball a lot in midfield, and in the second we dropped back and left the front two isolated. Roscoe seemed fine when he came on, and he was able to win the ball and then put them on the back foot with his pace. Once he was on we started to see more of the ball and really should have had a fourth. Roscoe missed with a free header and then Proccy curled a beauty just over from 25 yards. As for Roberts, yes he was mercilessly ribbed, but he took it in good humour and won everyone over by taking a burger being offered from the away end before chucking it disdainfully away.

Revived red - were you the chap in the 1962 shirt I was having a chat with at Whitechapel tube station? I was wearing this years away shirt and was with Duncan, the Scots lad.
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 21:01   #127

[quote=Phil Whalley;481688] Leighton did okay and his header was a blinder, but it wasn't a game for the strikers to shine, quote]

I agree Phil with the above, what I liked about Leighton he was busy and made a nuisance of himself by getting a foot in and just jumping with the centre halves for a header when it was clear he wasn't gonna win it. All credit to him he worked his socks off. Proccy was mom for me and deserved that deft little curler to drop in but not to be this time...Just need to keep the run going on Fri night now.

Tractorboy Red
Old 14-10-2007, 21:09   #128
Senior Member+

"Classy Accrington Stanley......"

Dagenham 1-3 Accrington Stanley - Football News | SPORTBOX.tv - Nothing Inside But Sport

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 21:25   #129
God Member

What a chuffing day :-) another chance to wind tony roberts up, a 3-1 stanley win, won £95 in the bookies on the game and a £10 on bandit in crown

plus cav got the goal he wanted on his birthday

rattattoui!!!!!!!

Last edited by John_Timmins; 14-10-2007 at 21:28.
John_Timmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 22:39   #130
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Whalley View Post
Revived red - were you the chap in the 1962 shirt I was having a chat with at Whitechapel tube station? I was wearing this years away shirt and was with Duncan, the Scots lad.
Yes indeed, Phil. That was me!!! Great to meet you and chat.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 22:47   #131
Member.

On my Stanley, On along that winding road to glory you’ve always deserved.

Good result today, proud as a dog with two sets of bollocks. I missed the second half because I was in the car and the “F” in BBC couldn’t maintain station. Bastards. Cottier, get them sorted.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 23:34   #132
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
plus cav got the goal he wanted on his birthday

rattattoui!!!!!!!
What ...................... to watch or eat.........or both ???????

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2007, 06:26   #133
Senior Member+

Good work ethic today (much more interested than the Wrexham game)
3-5-2 works well away if the 2 wide men go forward as much as possible, sadly for nearly all the second half they where playing more as full backs.
Positives all round from the team
Harris was excellent IMO and was Roberts and Mullin.

The first stanley goal was the best I have ever seen. Liam to Cav to Mullin - cracking play.

Only negative is Branch who seemed to struggle with the pace all game, it often left him out of position and you could argue the first goal was as much his fault for drifting from his man (it was going slightly wide and cav put it in, but I wouldnt blame him to harshly for it).

May I also add, Dunbavin played well and was comanding his area in the first half. It appears as if he is determined to take his chance.

I would make the point, Stanley's win was largely down to Dagenham being poor; they could not handle crosses into the box or the pace of McGivern. Going forward, Dagenham where to obvious, it was the same idea every time. A few of their players had neat touches, step overs, trickes etc but failed to get a good final ball into the box.

Stanley won but it was no Bradford performance.
I would hope Coleman would analysis todays game and understand he needs to work on a better tactic than simply inviting pressure into his box.
A better team will thrive on stanley sitting deep.

Anyway, I picked up a sun tan - it cant be bad.

Well done Leyton McGivern, you took your chance well.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2007, 15:00   #134
God Member

Aside from the fantastic result - I'm really glad we went 90 mins without an appearance from McEvilly

Sounded like a superb performance in the first half, there's obviously room for improvement but I'm trememndously happy with it all.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2007, 16:12   #135
Full Member+

Aside from the fantastic result - I'm really glad we went 90 mins without an appearance from McEvilly

Change the record!!
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..