Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2007, 16:02   #61

Re: V Bury

oh heck - football always was a stupid stupid game - tiddlywinks anyone ?
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-09-2007, 16:04   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Why leave Dsane off for so long?
Seems strange to make a sub so late unless you were hanging on to a slender lead.
Anyway the starting 11 should have dealt with Bury

Only `til Tuesday to wait to turn it round.

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 16:23   #63
God Member

Down to 19th in league now

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 16:38   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Exactly! Seems that happened as soon as Mangan came on for bury interesting to hear when the travellers come back
It happened when McEvilly came on for us .............. again!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 17:34   #65
God Member

I think Dan on 2BR summed it up perfectly in his summing up with words to the effect of "Stanley have contrived to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory"

I really did fancy Stanley to get back to back wins today!
I didn't attend so it will be interesting to see what the ones who did attend made of it all?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 29-09-2007 at 17:38.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 17:56   #66
Full Member+

Having been to the game today, I can't believe that we've come away from Gigg Lane with nothing. From bossing a game comfortably to throwing it all away in the space of just over ten minutes !!

In the end It all boils down to the countless chances missed and two fatal lapses in concentration at the back. I said to my mate at half time " I just hope that all the missed chances and possesion that we've had doesn't come back to haunt us!!" I wish I'd kept my mouth shut now!!

Bury were there for the taking today.We have got to learn to be more ruthless when playing sides like Bury. We nearly let it slip at home to Mansfield last Sat. And we've got to cut out the kamikaze mistakes that we seem to persist with making.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 18:03   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Come On Stanley
We`ve got `em on the ropes
Let`s finish `em OFF

we didn't and that is why we lost. First half we completely dominated and controlled, Bury weren't even at the game and the Ultras were shouting for Caspers head.

2nd half we scored whilst I was ordering my third hot dog (fit fodd bar bird) so I can't comment but I assumed we had started where we left off. After a few more minutes of possession and not being able to convert chances we invited Bury to get a foothold, but even then they were nowhere until Mangan got on the end of a really terrible back pass and slipped it under Arthur and a returning defender from a tight angle with next to no pace.

Their winning goal wasn't really a mistake as such but Mangan ran down the 18 yard line and turned Williams too easily to get in a cross for an unmarked attacker to knock home.

This was a game that we could and should have won at a canter but we failed.

I had no problem with Craney coming back into the side as Carden was relatively poor last week and Coley admitted that he wasn't yet fully fit. But to drop Roscoe, who has been playing really well and creating bucket loads of space for others such as Mully, was ridiculous. It also two games on the trot where Boco has failed to get on the pitch despite lack lustre 2nd half performances.

Branch suffered a lot in the second half and when you could see Leam Richardson comingoff you thought his number would have gone up, nope, off went Browny, then Evil came on whilst Roscoe stayed on the bench. Bemusing.

All in all;

Stanley fans: excellent until the roof caved in on us
Bury fans: no wonder your team doesn't win much at home, you are appalling and should be ashamed of yourselves.
Stanley 1st half. Excellent again in the first half
Stanley 2nd half, Appalling again in the second half.
Coleys substitutions.
Old 29-09-2007, 18:04   #68
Senior Member+

totaly agree with you carpon
the stanley fans were 110% as always out sang all the bury fans never stopped singing.
game changed when mango came on

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 18:06   #69
God Member

oh yeah and I forgot that I can't believe we have again tried a formation we don't really know just to accomodate not having to drop Williams. Whether he has been this that or the other for us over the years, he has made mistakes this year and we should be sticking to the 4-4-2 we know and trust.
Old 29-09-2007, 18:08   #70

Thumbs down Re: V Bury

Did McEvily actually come on??????

After seeing him against our reserves the other night I can't believe that Coley actually thought he did enough even to be on your bench.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 18:11   #71
Senior Member+

v.dissapointing result.

3 points lost today.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 18:15   #72

How we managed to throw away 3 points in this game beggars belief. 3 easy points that could be so vital at the end of the season.We have to win games like this and there is no excuse for throwing this game.
From completely dominating the first half we suddenly went to pieces in the second half and lost the plot completely.The first goal was Cavannagh's fault yet again and the defence was appalling for the second goal (where was Cavannagh again).the tap in at the post was so easy.
I hope Coleman has some answers to this Jekyll and Hyde exhibition.
3rd.Div.North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 18:20   #73
God Member

and the win would have put us one point outside the play-offs (but Leagueposition means nowt as this early stage)
Old 29-09-2007, 18:22   #74
Senior Member+

but winning games early into the season could mean less pressure come march

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 18:26   #75
God Member

what the, i cant believe we lost today how many shots did we have? whats happened to mangan he looks like hes been in the gym even his running style has changed totally changed player .the usual suspects caught out of position...graham branch dont look fit ,cant believe coley took browny off today was a disaster we had 3 points in the bag and we went to sleep .we gave them 3 points today lets hope it doesnt bear at the end of the season.plus points today at least we played better than last year we did at rochdale and we totally outsung bury even radcliffe could outsing them .......

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..