Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2007, 19:43   #106
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: V Bury

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
he should have saved his stinging criticism for some of our 'defenders'
Totally agree macca, this time it was not the ref to blame but our own fault, Coleman included.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-10-2007, 20:29   #107
Junior Member+

Coleman moaning about honesty? Isn't he a scouser?
Old 01-10-2007, 22:11   #108
Senior Member+

coleman picks the team

the team couldnt score

colemans fault
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 22:15   #109
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
coleman picks the team

the team couldnt score

colemans fault
I detect a false syllogism here, but I am a bit tired.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 22:46   #110
God Member

nah, he has two sources of reasoning from which to draw his conclusion.

What's with all the decasyllabics tonight Oggy?
Old 01-10-2007, 22:54   #111
God Member

well I think it's building into quite a sorites

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 22:54   #112
God Member

is that near Rochdale?
Old 01-10-2007, 22:57   #113
God Member

Quote:
is that near Rochdale?
hmm well you should know that

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 23:00   #114
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

gutted and still can't beleave we lost,should have come away with all 3 points...
Old 01-10-2007, 23:10   #115
Senior Member+

Quote:
What's with all the decasyllabics tonight Oggy?
Must've been stood in Borders longer than I thought.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 00:57   #116
Full Member+

I was travelling back from the Gigg and heard Coley on Radio Lancs.Bear in mind I was travelling back to Blackburn with a Shakers fan, obviously very happy having seen a first home win in 10 months. Coley comes on the radio and after bemoaning the defending for their equalizer,starts having a whinge about their winner.

Maybe I was a little unsighted, but i'd consider I was following the play. I didn't notice Proccy lying prostrate at the opposite end of the field(apparently he got up reasonably quickly??). What I did notice was the back line totally folding,switching off,notably Williams. I agree with an earlier poster, we had plenty of oppertunities to clear their equaliser,the defending for the second goal was SHAMBOLIC.

Whatever happened to (what was always drummed into me when playing schoolboy football and laterly local league amateur football) PLAYING to the Whistle ??

Now I'm not normally one to question J.C. but after Saturday I've had a "nasty taste in my mouth" so to speak. I feel that after having a side (no disrespect to Bury) on the rack for a long time and having gifted (NAY,THROWN AWAY!!) 3 points, Coley's reasoning for allocating blame/ laying reasons behind their winning goal was a little farcical. Coley's even had a go at the Stewards for some verbal abuse he received Saturday!!

For me, I'm starting to see an unpleasant pattern emerging. At times Coley is far too quick to lay the blame for a defeat, or even simply a goal conceded at the door of the officials. Admittedly, the majority of sides and managers bemoan such occasions/incidents, but the all too familiar frequency of J.C. having the now familiar(familiar to me at least,maybe I'm not on my own??) gripe at the officials is starting to wear a bit thin.

Not just after Saturday,it's all too obvious where our problems lie.I am loathe to criticise individuals and I'll let you draw you're own conclusions.Our defensive record from last season speaks volumes,but on what I've seen this season, there is an all too familiar echo.

Apparently the players were in for extra training on Sunday. I only hope that the defence watched a video of the last 20 mins at Bury and the focus of that extra training session was aimed at defending as both a unit and individually.

Judge as you will my comments. Maybe some of you have a little empathy with what I have been trying to get across/ have a whinge about. The one certainty is that we CANNOT keep shipping goals and making mistakes like we have been doing.IF the mistakes/slopiness continues, that will equate to another long,hard struggle towards keeping the place in the football league that we fought so hard to get back.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..