Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2007, 18:29   #76
God Member

Re: V Bury

plus what save their keeper did 10 minutes from the end from the free kick
Old 29-09-2007, 18:35   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
but winning games early into the season could mean less pressure come march
Also means realistic chances of a top six finish?
I think the squad on paper is as good as most other's in the Division but consitencey has to become the key, kill teams off when given the chance and defend in numbers when needed, we have skill and pace to burn, play to our strengths and cut out the schoolboy errors and we need not fear anyone in this Division!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 19:06   #78
Senior Member+

Consistency is terrible.

im fearful about going to bradford.

not going to be easy - the team selection is strange?

I rate McEvilly - but to play him with mullin doesnt work, they are to similar.

D'sane is a far better partner for either of them.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 19:10   #79
Senior Member+

Totally bossed the game today, but 2 individual errors cost us the points.

Bury were very poor. I think we'll rue results like this come the end of the season.
Old 29-09-2007, 19:11   #80
God Member

Bradford should hold no fear!
We will be massive underdogs but what better stage to perform on?
Nick a win
Set us up nicely for next Friday!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 29-09-2007 at 19:15.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 19:16   #81
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
It happened when McEvilly came on for us .............. again!
Lay off him, it was nothing to do with McEvilly. It was all down to the other ex Stanley player you used to rubbish constantly on this messageboard. Well he really put you in your place today, didn't he!
Craney was magnificent, showing all the pace, trickery and shooting we have been missing and was so unlucky not to get on the scoresheet. Sickening result for a Stanley following who showed the Bury fans what support is all about. Didn't hear a peep out of their lot until their goal. We didn't do a lot wrong today apart from appalling errors from Cav, and Carden plus Rocky's abject failure to police Mangan for their winner. Kenny Arthur looked completely ******* off at the end and raced down the tunnel after sprinting to their goalie to swap handshakes. If you don't pick forwards, though, you are bound to struggle to score goals...........
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 19:50   #82
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Lay off him, it was nothing to do with McEvilly.

It was all down to the other ex Stanley player you used to rubbish constantly on this messageboard. Well he really put you in your place today, didn't he!...
Ok the goal was nothing to do with him but the fat b*****d could hardly get off the ground when he needed to jump for a header, why bring him on instead of Dsane?

I had to smile when I got home because the first thing I saw was the Stanley Calender and for anyone who does not know Mr September is Andy Mangan.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 20:04   #83
Senior Member+

its not lee's fault coleman rates him.

i would go with lee and roscoe to start vs bradford - rest mullin for the wrexham game.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 20:19   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Ok the goal was nothing to do with him but the fat b*****d could hardly get off the ground when he needed to jump for a header
There is no need for that! I bet you wouldn't say it to his face...

Whether he can get off the ground or not, don't blame the player... Does McEvilly pick the team?

Everybody has been raving about Dsane over the last few weeks. I cannot understand why he didnt play. Maybe he was slightly injured???
Old 29-09-2007, 20:36   #85
Senior Member+

Dsane didn't play because Craney played as a second forward, just off Mullin. Craney was good today and if he keeps that up he'll be a major asset for us.
Old 29-09-2007, 21:08   #86

Absolutely gutted to lose today. No need for knee jerk reactions though as I don't think we'll go down.

I'm a bit concerned about the lack of balance in the squad though. We've not really replaced Toddy and Doherty with any decent wide players (Whalley isn't quite there yet) and have now got Carden, Miles, Craney, Proctor, Boco, Harris and Brown competing for 2 positions in CM. Two of these tend to get put out wide, though they all naturally play through the middle so this makes our play a lot more narrow than it was when we had Rory/Roberts and Toddy hugging the lines.
This Charming Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 21:34   #87
Full Member+

What worried me today was that Craney looked head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch, which shows just how little progress we've made since he left us last year. Also, for God's sake, get off Evil's back. It wasn't his fault that firstly Carden, then Rocky, had mental abberations. Browny looked off the pace throughout the game. Branch looks off the pace FULL STOP and has done every single time he's played!! How some of you lot can turn round and put the blame on someone who came on 15mins from the end just beggars belief! I got home devastated this evening, but I'm not looking for scapegoats. I feel you can lay elements of blame at the door of everyone EXCEPT CRANEY - but blame is not what it's about! Where do we go from here? The defence still suffers from appalling lapses in concention - hence 2 goals. (Even Kenny wasn't at his best)The midfield disappears for long periods of play and (sorry, but thanks to Browny) gives away loads of free kicks in dangerous positions. Mangy knows us - and made us look silly, which stresses once again how little progress we have made!!
Overall we probably deserved something out of today's game but at the end of the day we got nothing, The question we should be asking is WHY. and the answer lies at the door of far more players than McEvilly!!

P.S. Where was Rommy, the most naturally gifted player we've got?!?

Last edited by Oldgobbin; 29-09-2007 at 21:36.
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 21:59   #88
Full Member+

P.S. For concention, read concentration - a lapse reminiscent of our defence!!! (too late to edit)
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 22:32   #89
Member.

I had to spend the afternoon in Blackburn and Accrington today, shopping of all things. However I managed to get in the car and on the motorway for the second half. Disappointing result and it looks like a laps on the part of the management again.

Mangan was one of ours and is well know as a super sub, so what do we do? We underestimate his contribution. Anyone should have seen that if he got on to the pitch he was going show his former manager and club what an asset he was, he was going to do everything in his power to score today and he did, Well-done Andy.

So way didn’t we mark him like a leper at a royal garden party and what the hell was that back pass about, either someone being a clever arse or an idiot? The rest of it, god knows what they had in mind, but it should be seen as a wake up call because if we can’t put down the like of Bury after such a commanding display we’re ****ed. Wakey, wakey Mr Coleman, Mourinho is looking for a job.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 00:11   #90
Senior Member+

Mrs Ozzy spoke to Andy prior to the start ot the game, and he admitted he should never have left Stanley, but that is water under the bridge. I came away from today feeling absolutely dejected. I have never felt so angry as I was today. I probably insulted one or two stewards on the way out for which I must say I shouldn't have. I felt the referee was poor, once again, Mullers has everyone jumping all over him and tugging at his shirt and he gets nothing. Why did Kenny Arthur get booked? First Bury goal was a good one, but second was blatantly offside, and I felt Bury players should have done the gentlemanly thing and kicked the ball out with one of our players down in the opposition box and their goalkeeper checking on him. Like someone else said, I fear for us on Tuesday night, we could get tanked and maybe that will be a good thing in some respects. How a team can boss a game for 75% of the time and lose I am not sure. Craney played well and was unlucky with a couple of shots, both of which the keeper saved. From a personal point of view, I thought Carden had a better game and Branch looked useful especially when going forward. I know we have no divine right to win every game, but this was one game where we were robbed, plain and simple!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..