Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2007, 02:32   #91
Full Member+

Re: V Bury

Let's cut the C**P. We lost a game that we should have won.Whichever way you want to play it,we're talking after the event.We bossed the game,for a long time.Bury bring Mangan on.......(he ain't Drogba or Rooney) All of a sudden it's PANICK time!! We all know who he is and what he's capable of!! Bury were there for the taking. Probably gave Chris Casper a damn good excuse to evade picking up the P45 .We've lost to a side that will,come May,look at this as a MASSIVE result.

After what transpired at the Gigg, I only hope that Coley saw where our frailties lay/lie. The defence switched off TWICE and cost us the game.....let alone a point or three.

I will draw my own conclusions. GREAT to have Craney back,to me MOM today. Muller's was isolated for far too long. (WE/Team Would have benefited from a natural forward (i.e D'Sane) playing off the big man.

(Sorry to those it may offend) Williams lost the plot late in the game ....went missing. Cav. dragged out of position far too many times.Branch (for all his years & experience) looked tired after 70 mins(maybe the legs have gone??). As last season proved, scoring goals is not a problem. IF (notice the emphasis on the IF) we can start cutting out elementary mistakes, by the next time we play BURY we'll be SAFE.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-09-2007, 08:31   #92
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Mourinho is looking for a job.
May be you don't joke. A BBC pundit mentioned the other week that Mourinho had built Porto on a comparatively small budget and would just as much relish the challenge of managing Accrington Stanley as he did Chelsea.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 11:24   #93

We were excellent all through the first half but kept bimbling around the penalty box instead of striking early. Ok, Bury picked up a little in the second half after we scored but why did we just fall to pieces when Mango came on?

Todays performance was mostly encouraging but became a little disturbing in the last 20mins.

Bury's stadium is way too big for their small band of supporters. How empty was their home end?!!!!

Good performance by the ultras.
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 12:11   #94
Senior Member+

Should have all been sewn up by half time. Why leave Dsane out against a really poor side? Why just watch Carden and Branch struggle to keep up? Where is Boco?

If it's any consolation they were called in for extra training this morning.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 13:27   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Lay off him, it was nothing to do with McEvilly. It was all down to the other ex Stanley player you used to rubbish constantly on this messageboard. Well he really put you in your place today, didn't he!
Craney was magnificent, showing all the pace, trickery and shooting we have been missing and was so unlucky not to get on the scoresheet. Sickening result for a Stanley following who showed the Bury fans what support is all about. Didn't hear a peep out of their lot until their goal. We didn't do a lot wrong today apart from appalling errors from Cav, and Carden plus Rocky's abject failure to police Mangan for their winner. Kenny Arthur looked completely ******* off at the end and raced down the tunnel after sprinting to their goalie to swap handshakes. If you don't pick forwards, though, you are bound to struggle to score goals...........
Mangy put me in my place - get off your high horse, you sound almost glad that he scored against us just so you could say "I told you so". I did rubbish him towards the end of his time with us yes, because he deserved it but I always said he could do a job for 10 minutes or so, just not for 90. His attitude let us down a lot but maybe the move's made him grow up a bit.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 13:44   #96
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Mangy put me in my place
I'm still waiting to be put in my place by McEvilly but will it ever happen?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 14:55   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I'm still waiting to be put in my place by McEvilly but will it ever happen?
I wouldn't hold your breath Bagpuss - and before you have a go Redraine, sorry but I'm not going to apologise for having another go at McEvilly as in my opinion he's a player who should not even be back at the club let alone deserve a place in the first team.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 15:24   #98

Yestedays game at Bury was the same old story not taking chances and giving away two soft goals, IMO for the first goal there was more than one chance for it be cleared and the second one was a mistake by rocky, but if we had taken more of our chances the story might have been different. Also how many times over the years have they not taken thier chances and given away soft goals
rishton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 15:48   #99
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Yes players make mistakes but Coley has to shoulder some of the blame yesterday with some poor tactical decisions and some even stranger substitutions.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 17:45   #100
Junior Member+

None of you have mentioned that the 2-1 scoreline was our first home win in 2007 (18 lonnng games). You out sung us in the first half (its not hard is it? Did you see the attendance of the manny road end - the one facing you?) however, you seemed to quieten down once young mangy and adams came on. There was a band of supporters singing through the first half (ultras?) and the rest seemed to be nice little grandparents to me, eating selections of cakes and knitting. I will be the first to admit that we were woeful overall. Attmosphere -terrible (I couldn't even hear our drum - I was in the main stand on the right hand side of you). Performance - embarrassing. Tatics - shocking. Management - OUT!
If we started with Mangy and Adams we may of given you a better game, but no, casper the friendly host (get it?) decided to play 7 defensive players :S
On the other hand we do deserve a bit of luck, the refs we had had lately have been worse than abysmal. Unlucky - better luck next time then
Old 30-09-2007, 18:12   #101

No Peter, you brought Mango on at just the right time (for you!)
He's a bit like NOS on a race car - a good spurt of energy but use it too soon and it runs out when you still need it....

Those supporters the furthest away from you were the ultras. OK, so the rest of us weren't as noisy - at least we were there...
...and that selection of cakes was paticularly tasty!
I couldn't beleive how empty and quiet your home end was!
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 19:38   #102

how we lost yesterdays game i will never know. we where so much in control it was untrue. branch should have put us 1 up early on after a great move. they never threatened apart form the odd free kick. we get a freak goal and i was startin to think play offs was in reach again. then typical stanley cav and brown give the ball away on the edge of the box. then for some strange reason carden tried a back pass instead of just putting the ball in row Z.( first rule of defendin safety first) he still should of cleared it on the line as the ball appeared to go thru or under him cudnt tell from my view. the second goal you can maybe say was a bit unsporting but you have got to play to the whistle. rocky shudnt be getting out muscled by mangan and webb and richardson just stood there and let adams have the freedom of the penalty area. for me there was still alot of positives, craney looked quite sharp considerin he hasnt played alot, apart from the last 20 mins the new formation makes us look alot more solid, sean webb looks a good signin. i would of took carden off earlier as he is just to slow on the ball he was robbed a few times. i was surprised when cav went into midfield but he looked alot more effective than carden. cant wait for harris to come back or rommy???? presuming he was injured or ill yesterday
rude-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:07   #103
Junior Member+

I felt that in many ways the game was lost in the FIRST HALF. Accrington passed the ball around well, used both wings to good effect and made Bury seem like the away team, the quietness of 3 sides of the ground was testament to this. However, I lost count of the number of times we got the ball just outside their box, had loads of time but seemed frightened to shoot. It was almost like we were trying to do an Arsenal and walk the ball into the net. We could and should have been 2 or 3 up at half time.

After a great start to the second half, Accrington then sat back and Bury gradually rose in confidence which eventually led to the Bury goal. As others have said we totally froze when Mangan came on. We either have to learn to protect a lead with good tight defense (perhaps with substitutions made earlier) or, more in keeping with Stanley's style of play, go for the jugular and put the game beyond reach.
Arithon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 18:22   #104

Coleman Fury At Bury Winner (from Lancashire Telegraph)

Looks like Coley has his own ideas about what happened.
Old 01-10-2007, 18:32   #105
God Member

he should have saved his stinging criticism for some of our 'defenders'

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..