Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2008, 20:42   #31
God Member

Re: vs Shrewsbury

Well done, will be some good moods in our house tonight
Old 21-10-2008, 20:43   #32
Senior Member+

That was a long 84 minutes all right !
Old 21-10-2008, 21:15   #33
Senior Member+

Great performance tonight and apart from a couple of freekicks, Shrewsbury never had a look in. Miles is a revelation and Gornell's finishing is exactly what we needed.

I just hope that Phil Edwards' injury isn't serious, as it did look as though it could be a long-term job.
Old 21-10-2008, 21:26   #34
Senior Member+

He was sat with his missus in the stand in the second half, according to my source
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 21:31   #35
Full Member+

Great result tonight. Bit nervy towards the end. Agreed with Miles as MOM. Gornell is playing better and better. Charnock and Murdoch well played and also a mention for Williams who had a steady game as stand in right back
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 21:34   #36
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Great performance tonight and apart from a couple of freekicks, Shrewsbury never had a look in. Miles is a revelation and Gornell's finishing is exactly what we needed.

I just hope that Phil Edwards' injury isn't serious, as it did look as though it could be a long-term job.
EXACTLY TM EXACTLY supperb team effort even ROCKY was solid at the back MILES awerthy man of the match RYAN polished performance PAUL MULLIN deserves a medal supperb captains performance TERRY GORNELL magnificent up front . on the phil Edward's injury i spoke to him half way through the 2nd half,he had a bad gash on his leg
Old 21-10-2008, 21:37   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
on the phil Edward's injury i spoke to him half way through the 2nd half,he had a bad gash on his leg
That's better than I thought (thought it may be a cruciate ligament injury), but obviously still painful. Hopefully he won't be out long then.
Old 21-10-2008, 22:02   #38
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
That's better than I thought (thought it may be a cruciate ligament injury), but obviously still painful. Hopefully he won't be out long then.
Didn't say TM !! Although Baves was out for a few games when he sufferd a gashed leg lets hope for a speedy recovery..IAN CRANEY was at the game tonight thought hudders were playing tonight!!!
Old 21-10-2008, 22:08   #39
God Member

A very well done to all involved tonight. Presumably the confidence is getting higher, and we have been known to play some of our best football when in this spirit. Hopefully Phil's injury won't sideline him for too long. Well done lads
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 22:09   #40
Senior Member+

tonight was a good performance when we went 2-0 up i had flash backs of the bradford game, we played really good. gornell played very well and took his goal well hope we can have him for rest of season. rocky played well at the back, all the back 4 were strong tonight just what we needed, miles and ryan both played well. and mullin played top. it goes to show how much ian craney still likes the club comeing back to watch when he can. well done ian legend. up to 14th in league now aswell. hopefully another win on saturday.. well done lads tonight keep it up. the last 4mins went on for ages!!!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 22:09   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Didn't say TM !! Although Baves was out for a few games when he sufferd a gashed leg lets hope for a speedy recovery..IAN CRANEY was at the game tonight thought hudders were playing tonight!!!
Craney scored for Huddersfield tonight
Old 21-10-2008, 22:11   #42
Senior Member+

As one of those who carried Phil off tonight, I do hope he makes a speedy recovery from what I believe is a very deep gash. Stitched on site and sat in the stands into second half. Was limping but not using crutches or any other walking aids. On the flip side of the coin, what a filip - a huge win tonight and special mention to one of my least favourite players, Rocky Williams. He played really well tonight and was solid in the centre and on the right of the defence when Phil went off. OK so they scored one but - Stanley never stopped trying although the Shrews were coming more into it in the 2nd half. Great result now lets do Wycombe on Saturday and make it 3 in a row.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 22:19   #43
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Craney scored for Huddersfield tonight
He must have a double then it was def Craney either that or im seeing things
Old 21-10-2008, 22:21   #44
Senior Member+

yep he must have a double just being on sky sports website and they got beat 5-3 and he scored on 38th min!

Sky Sports | Football News | Match Facts | Hartlepool v Huddersfield - 21st October 2008

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 22:28   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Great result now lets do Wycombe on Saturday and make it 3 in a row.

I hope you get one over on Peter 'Self Proclaimed genius' Taylor

The only team left in the football league who are unbeaten I think.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..