Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2008, 18:04   #76
Senior Member+

Re: vs Shrewsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent_orange View Post
Yeh, myself I'd rather go to a decent stadium with excellent facilities alongside 5/6,000 others. Your ground is one of the very few with terracing that has absolutely no character and it was a relief to escape. A feeling shared by all those I encountered on the way home too, I might add.

Hoping an group of opposition supporters (of whom you have no issue) were 'still upset' is just so pathetic its untrue. Really hope I run into you IF we ever visit your hole again.
Sorry we wouldn't , 100% old skool............... & I couldn't care 2 hoots about the rest of the clubs in this league, none of you. Fans, grounds, players etc. & isn't it the nerdy 0.1% of a clubs support who pop onto their rivals forum.... You sat in yer undies eating digestives?

Man comes on opposition forum & gets upset with what he reads? You from Barrow originally?

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Last edited by Willie Miller; 22-10-2008 at 18:07.
Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-10-2008, 18:24   #77

Quote:
Really hope I run into you IF we ever visit your hole again.
Bloody pathetic.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 19:05   #78
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Bloody pathetic.

Exactly!
Old 22-10-2008, 20:03   #79
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Sorry we wouldn't , 100% old skool............... & I couldn't care 2 hoots about the rest of the clubs in this league, none of you. Fans, grounds, players etc. & isn't it the nerdy 0.1% of a clubs support who pop onto their rivals forum.... You sat in yer undies eating digestives?

Man comes on opposition forum & gets upset with what he reads? You from Barrow originally?
Dont worry Jase.

the same 'big time' fans ran a mile from a scouse stag do at gay meadow.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 21:16   #80
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Click on the link..Accrington Stanley 2 Shrewsbury Town 1
Old 22-10-2008, 21:53   #81
Senior Member+

I do have to say though that when i visited Gay Meadow a few seasons ago to watch stanley it was one of my best days out of that season. Enjoyed the people , fans and the ground. Its a shame Shrewsbury lost gay meadow to be honest.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 22:47   #82
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yeh, myself I'd rather go to a decent stadium with excellent facilities alongside 5/6,000 others. Your ground is one of the very few with terracing that has absolutely no character and it was a relief to escape. A feeling shared by all those I encountered on the way home too, I might add.

Hoping an group of opposition supporters (of whom you have no issue) were 'still upset' is just so pathetic its untrue. Really hope I run into you IF we ever visit your hole again.
It would be remiss of me not to make some comment on this idiotic and totally useless posting but I, like FCS and Willie Miller, find it intolerable that some inarticulate interloper on our Forum, albeit with a strong taste of Sour Grapes in His/Her mealy mouth, should see fit, in an obviously juvenile fit of pique, to even think of offering any other words than those of total praise for The Reds and their Fans after last nights game.
It was entertaining, there was little or no inter-club aggro, the Pies were tasty (if a little exorbitantly priced !), and as far as I could see, and hear from those 'true' fans of 'he Shrews' with whom I had a conversation after the game,, everyone had a reasonably good night!!.(apart from the occasional Rain!).
It would appear that on this individual's long, and possibly demoralising return to Salop, that he/her has allowed his/her situational depression to get the better of him/her, and this state of mind has ultimately forced him/her into littering our Forum with the ill-mannered tirade we have witnessed here!.
If he reads this then I hope that he will heed a few words of advice....
If you really are a true supporter of Shrewsbury Town,
then do behave in a way that shows some respect for your great Football Club and it's Players, and not like 'one of those' foolish people that the game can well do without!!.

p.s Alfred.E. doesn't think much of your poor grammar either !!...

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 09:14   #83
Senior Member+

However i do and have apologised as i dont wish away fans to have a misserable trip to stanley, maybe the players but for the fans we dont as we need the coppers in and want the fans to come back the following season. It shouldnt matter about the conditions and the ground etc, if you are a true fan you go to watch the football not to inspect the luxury of the place. But we dont have the luxury of a roof and i dont know what Shrewsbury fans expected on a cold tuesday night in Lancashire except from freezing you nackers off.

Great post like usual Yonmon.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 22:08   #84
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

click on the link B&A Shrewsbury Town Messageboard some interesting posts.ie JUST GOT BACK
Old 23-10-2008, 23:19   #85
Senior Member+

Re: Just got back!
« Reply #29 on Oct 22, 2008, 11:01pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What a job John Coleman does at Accy. His achievement in first of all getting them to the league and then keeping them up deserves an award.

taken from the "just got back" thread! also about how we survive on gates with just 800+ hme fans for tht tuesday night game! just goes to show that even other fans credit our manager for the top job he is doing!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 23:38   #86
Senior Member+

Thanks for the link. There are separate threads for Jimmy, Paul and Colin. Generally, the Shrews' fans are complimentary about Accy and seem a decent lot so I'm beginning to feel sorry for them having to stand in the rain all night. Don't miss the picture of the green Peruvian shirt on the 'Where in Salop can I get my hands on....... ' thread!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 14:55   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Re: Just got back!
« Reply #29 on Oct 22, 2008, 11:01pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What a job John Coleman does at Accy. His achievement in first of all getting them to the league and then keeping them up deserves an award.

taken from the "just got back" thread! also about how we survive on gates with just 800+ hme fans for tht tuesday night game! just goes to show that even other fans credit our manager for the top job he is doing!
If only some of our own fans realized what job John and Jimmy do!!
Old 24-10-2008, 15:42   #88

These Shrews fans don't seem to know much about footy - reading their board they seem to think we played 4-5-1 o_O
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 15:51   #89

Just like to say what a difference a few young and hungry players make to a team . Great game , love night matches . Every player worked hard and never stopped harrassing . Cant make saturdays match but will be at Morecambe .. Still bit peeved that they wont let me do crossbar challange again , could do with the cash for christmas .
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 16:55   #90
Senior Member+

whatever happend to you going in the stocks? did it ever happen?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..