Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2008, 22:28   #46
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: vs Shrewsbury

Booking my self in at spec-savers in the morn
Old 21-10-2008, 22:29   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Didn't say TM !! Although Baves was out for a few games when he sufferd a gashed leg lets hope for a speedy recovery..IAN CRANEY was at the game tonight thought hudders were playing tonight!!!
Don't know where you got your info from coz Ian Craney scored and was booked for Huddersfield tonight!!!!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 22:40   #48
Resting in Peace

Fantastic, stirring performance against a team who could have gone top tonight. Every man jack played out of their skins, especially Miles who was absolute dynamite on the left - what were they all on tonight? Rocky looked much happier at right back than in the middle, and we had pace all along the back line, particularly with Charnock who can't half move himself. The Shrews are a very good side, but we matched them. Hope we can build on this good form.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 23:11   #49

We played well against a cheating side - they stole 10 yards on every dead ball got what they deserved. Great result glad I came back to watch it Can't say I was as impressed with rocky as the rest - made a few mistakes and his mistake almost cost us the game in the last 10 mins - keep him as a squad player but avoid him in the starting line up when we have murdock charnock and edwards to pick from
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 23:26   #50

well done for stuffing the slop
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 06:31   #51
God Member

Just got in from work, what a great result that was!!!! was not expecting that and listening to most of you comments a good TEAM performance well done lads! Does anybody know why cav was not even in the squad??? and why THE ROCK murdock was on the bench????
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 06:41   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
As one of those who carried Phil off tonight, I do hope he makes a speedy recovery from what I believe is a very deep gash. Stitched on site and sat in the stands into second half. Was limping but not using crutches or any other walking aids. On the flip side of the coin, what a filip - a huge win tonight and special mention to one of my least favourite players, Rocky Williams. He played really well tonight and was solid in the centre and on the right of the defence when Phil went off. OK so they scored one but - Stanley never stopped trying although the Shrews were coming more into it in the 2nd half. Great result now lets do Wycombe on Saturday and make it 3 in a row.

As yet there is no mention of the fact that just maybe the joint efforts of John Coleman and Jimmy Bell might have had some influence on the much-improved team
performance tonight !.
Am I the only one who is going to direct some verbal
bouquets towards the two of them - and does this defeat of a very good, and extremely competitive (albeit cheating!) Shrewsbury Town eleven at last expunge 'the Bradford City.... OOP'S' from our collective memory ??.
Finally like our photogenic Chairman, I am not usually one for regularly critising or ill-using Match Officials .....BUT what a misguided and seemingly myopic poseur was 'on the whistle' last night.How can one possiby 'respect' inconsistency of this magnitude ?.

Hey Stanley !....let's make it four-in-a-row by continuing the great work against Wycombe Wanderers
AND Morecambe. It's well within your grasp !

'ON STANLEY !!.... ON !!'

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 06:43   #53

Smile Re: vs Shrewsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
well done for stuffing the slop
Aye - see you next season

I understand we also put a smile on a few AFC Telford fans' faces last night as well - especially when one Shrews co-commentator made the remark that our warm up looked 'unprofessional'....

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 07:42   #54
God Member

Brilliant game last night, although was feeling physically sick for the last 20 minutes or so & keeping everything crossed that the lads would keep it together. John Miles - what can I say - best way to describe his performance is to nick the words of one of the Shrewbury commentators behind us - 'this John Miles is taking the p*** out of us' - magic
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 08:00   #55
Super Moderator

Agree with everything that's been said - we played the full 94 minutes, without going off the boil, unlike many occasions in the past. Also, all credit to the Ultras who were excellent, outsinging the sizeable Shrews contingent and really getting behind the lads in the vital last 20 minutes. Just hope more locals can get themselves up to the FES on Saturday!
Old 22-10-2008, 08:49   #56
Full Member+

Have to agree with practically all the comments made. A first-class performance for the whole 98 minutes ( 4 extra in the first half ). Well done JC and JB. I won't single out any individual player because they all played extremely well but, alright then, where were you last season, John Miles .... brilliant !!
Leylandii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 09:09   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
John Miles - what can I say
His fellow Merseysider and former Macclesfield team mate Kevin McIntyre was also very influential last night.

Fellow Clayton Enders may remember him in the immediate aftermath to Macclesfield's equaliser in the crucial last home game of 06/07 which was I think attributed to John Miles rather than him.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 09:40   #58
Resting in Peace

Great result last night, the old thumb is sore this morning keep clicking onto Teltext every few seconds until the ft appeared next to the scores
Old 22-10-2008, 10:27   #59
Senior Member+

Shropshire Star pictures

Accrington 2 Shrews 1 in pics : Shropshire Star:

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 11:18   #60
Senior Member+

I thought we were watching Brazil for the first half last night for some reason
Absolute great game last night however was very nervy for the last 5 mins as the shrews piled on the pressure. Where the heck did four minutes come from for extra time!!!??!! Also i disagree with people that thought Rocky had a great and solid game , he had a good 10 minutes and then after that he was all over the place and made quite a few mistakes and one which the shrews captalised on which sent their winger on his way to cross in for their forward to have a good shot on goal and for kenny to make a great save. On crosses he didnt stay with his man, he was always wondering off out of position and the one thing that made me laugh was when it was a corner and he went with Murdock to pick up a player that Murdock already had and Murdock told him to angrily go and pick up the straying man in the box.

Great performance by all , but a special mension to Jimmy Ryan , had a great game. He just makes you get excited with what he does his fitness is top notch. I hope the Shrews are just upset with what theyve lost and the 3 points we outplayed them for last night

Last edited by fc:stanley; 22-10-2008 at 11:20.
fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..