Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2008, 12:00   #61
God Member

Re: vs Shrewsbury

Any reports on Higginbotham's 25 minute display?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-10-2008, 12:17   #62
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
I thought we were watching Brazil for the first half last night for some reason
Absolute great game last night however was very nervy for the last 5 mins as the shrews piled on the pressure. Where the heck did four minutes come from for extra time!!!??!! Also i disagree with people that thought Rocky had a great and solid game , he had a good 10 minutes and then after that he was all over the place and made quite a few mistakes and one which the shrews captalised on which sent their winger on his way to cross in for their forward to have a good shot on goal and for kenny to make a great save. On crosses he didnt stay with his man, he was always wondering off out of position and the one thing that made me laugh was when it was a corner and he went with Murdock to pick up a player that Murdock already had and Murdock told him to angrily go and pick up the straying man in the box.

Great performance by all , but a special mension to Jimmy Ryan , had a great game. He just makes you get excited with what he does his fitness is top notch. I hope the Shrews are just upset with what theyve lost and the 3 points we outplayed them for last night
Also im not one of these rocky haters and think he has put some absolute cracking performances in for stanley through the years and no doubt he has the ability. But last nights game i just thought he was just crap. However i will be singing along with " Robbie Williams , Williams , Robbie Williams" at the next game and hopeing rocky will put a good performance in if he is playing. As long as he is in a red shirt then he should always get support through the good and the bad!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 12:26   #63
Junior Member+

Quote:
I hope the Shrews are just upset with what theyve lost and the 3 points we outplayed them for last night
Any need for that comment? What have we ever done to your club?

Despite your obvious ineptitude off the pitch (900 home fans, what the hell is that about?), we can have no complaints with the result. We were out battled by an organised, physical side and looked thoroughly ordinary at times.

On a side note, I really, really hope we get promoted as I cannot cope with many more visits to your stadium. Having no roof in this day and age is unacceptable. An awful evening in all respects but best of luck for the season, apart from of course 'FcStanley', upon whom I wish a great deal of misery.

Last edited by agent_orange; 22-10-2008 at 12:29.
agent_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 12:41   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent_orange View Post

Despite your obvious ineptitude off the pitch (900 home fans, what the hell is that about?), we can have no complaints with the result. We were out battled by an organised, physical side and looked thoroughly ordinary at times.

On a side note, I really, really hope we get promoted as I cannot cope with many more visits to your stadium. Having no roof in this day and age is unacceptable. An awful evening in all respects but best of luck for the season, apart from of course 'FcStanley', upon whom I wish a great deal of misery.
Hey, orange lets move Villa 5 miles from Shrewsbury then move Walsall 5 miles from Shrewsbury. Stick the Shrews in the Vodkat League for 44 years & decrease the size of the town. Then fire bomb the ground & reinstate them at Gay Meadow.

Then after all that you may have some comparison...... & we'll see how many home fans are at Gay Meadow with all that goin on?

BTW the noise was from the home end last night!!!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 12:43   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
It's not what you've done to us, it's what you did for us when you released Jimmy Ryan in the summer. The post's a thank you (well I think it is ...)
Old 22-10-2008, 12:54   #66
Super Moderator

Quote:
Despite your obvious ineptitude off the pitch (900 home fans, what the hell is that about?)
In fact, given the circumstances that Willie Miller has so succinctly described, I would say that our club is anything but inept off the pitch. This is our third season in the football league on average gates of around 1,600. No other club in the country can say that.

As for, the spartan conditions on the Coppice End, don't worry, when you come next year you'll be sitting in the new away fans' stand along the cowshed side. Enjoy!
Old 22-10-2008, 13:33   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
An awful evening in all respects but best of luck for the season, apart from of course 'FcStanley', upon whom I wish a great deal of misery.
No misery over here , still smiling at the win against you last night

Im glad it was cold for you lot as why would we want to give away fans the luxury of a roof. Id rather put the money for luxury towards stanley or the players then for away fans.
Also id rather stand in the cold terrace at Stanley then sit down in your plastic ground.

Last edited by fc:stanley; 22-10-2008 at 13:40.
fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 13:58   #68
Full Member+

Great 3pts Stanley well done
Old 22-10-2008, 14:27   #69

Quote:

Not a good loser then ! Agent Orange is illegal, probably the correct username. Let's hope we can keep going against Wycombe.
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 16:02   #70

best games played at home well dun lads and teams and one more plus was 1249 at accy 1247 at macc
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 16:20   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Any reports on Higginbotham's 25 minute display?
Was he on for that long?
I thought he put their defenders under a lot of pressure when we needed it. He certainly gave a good sub's performance, and was all over the pitch with quite some aggression. Noticed he was back on the near post for their corners too!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 16:25   #72

Thumbs up Re: vs Shrewsbury

Cracking win lads, always new milesy could do it,well earned man of the match last night.come on accy keep up the good work and lets stick it up wycombe on saturday.

ACCY TILL I DIE...
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 16:25   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Hey, orange lets move Villa 5 miles from Shrewsbury then move Walsall 5 miles from Shrewsbury.
for a fairer comparison with ASFC you would also need to bring Wolves and Hereford a bit nearer Shrewsbury and WBA to within 12 miles of Shrewsbury.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 17:01   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Hey, orange lets move Villa 5 miles from Shrewsbury then move Walsall 5 miles from Shrewsbury. Stick the Shrews in the Vodkat League for 44 years & decrease the size of the town. Then fire bomb the ground & reinstate them at Gay Meadow.

Then after all that you may have some comparison...... & we'll see how many home fans are at Gay Meadow with all that goin on?

BTW the noise was from the home end last night!!!
Great post Willie..
And super result STANLEY.Good stuff.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 17:57   #75
Junior Member+

Quote:
Also id rather stand in the cold terrace at Stanley then sit down in your plastic ground.
Yeh, myself I'd rather go to a decent stadium with excellent facilities alongside 5/6,000 others. Your ground is one of the very few with terracing that has absolutely no character and it was a relief to escape. A feeling shared by all those I encountered on the way home too, I might add.

Hoping an group of opposition supporters (of whom you have no issue) were 'still upset' is just so pathetic its untrue. Really hope I run into you IF we ever visit your hole again.
agent_orange is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..