Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2009, 17:55   #181
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Now...This is silly and a complete waste of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Owen View Post
P.S Wish people would stop calling me Robert. I have tried to change it, but I haven't been too successful yet
Have you pm'd mick or andrewb about changing it?
Old 09-04-2009, 18:18   #182
God Member

I can't actually find anywhere in the Area Council minutes where Graham has declared an interest over this, I can only find where he's declared an interest on other issues. Perhaps I'm missing it, could you point us in the right direction Graham?
Old 09-04-2009, 18:21   #183
God Member

you actually took the time to read all the minutes from council meetings ?

iv got a lawn that needs mowing if your that stuck for somthing to do lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 19:17   #184
Caz
God Member

I've just painted a wall he can watch!

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 19:29   #185
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
If you need someone to watch the paint dry, I work for beer
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 19:33   #186
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
There is nothing wrong with reading meeting minutes, one reason for them is so people who could not attend can see what is going on.

Maybe bad minute taking then
Old 09-04-2009, 19:37   #187
Caz
God Member

It's called a sense of humour Neil, ...following Accyman's post.

And I do know what minutes are for...

Though one does wonder if Andrew always reads all the minutes from every meeting....

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 19:55   #188
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I can't actually find anywhere in the Area Council minutes where Graham has declared an interest over this, I can only find where he's declared an interest on other issues. Perhaps I'm missing it, could you point us in the right direction Graham?
It was never an agenda item Andrew so why would I declare an interest until the item came up? Even when it did under budgets why would I get up and leave a local forum meeting. That's just petty. Saying 'I live in Hodder Street so I can't comment' is declaring an interest. Area Council minutes are summarised, not an absolute true record because we have had the issue of things being left out previously.

The fact remains, no-one said anything at the time because everything was above board so far as the public were concerned. Ditto Councillors who also did not make any comments at the time, or lodge a complaint when it happened. I think if there was a technical breach in their mind, they should have said it then and not now and perhaps given how transparent it all was, not lodged an official complaint.

Pathetic really and I hope you'll support me in stamping this sillyness out of local politics.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 20:06   #189
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
It was never an agenda item Andrew so why would I declare an interest until the item came up? Even when it did under budgets why would I get up and leave a local forum meeting. That's just petty. Saying 'I live in Hodder Street so I can't comment' is declaring an interest. Area Council minutes are summarised, not an absolute true record because we have had the issue of things being left out previously.

The fact remains, no-one said anything at the time because everything was above board so far as the public were concerned. Ditto Councillors who also did not make any comments at the time, or lodge a complaint when it happened. I think if there was a technical breach in their mind, they should have said it then and not now and perhaps given how transparent it all was, not lodged an official complaint.

Pathetic really and I hope you'll support me in stamping this sillyness out of local politics.
Why not just stamp politics out of local government Seems like a helluva lot of folks are wasting too much time grinding axes instead of looking at ways to improve your community ... none of this is really any of my business, but I do find it fascinating in a Swiftian way. So which end of the boiled egg do you guys think should be attacked with the spoon
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 20:28   #190
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post

One can't expect you to declare an interest if it's not on the agenda and somebody else brings it up, until they do bring it up, at which point you can. However you'd think that when you yourself bring the topic up under your Peel Ward Report, you would have previously declared an interest, it's not as if you didn't know it was coming up when you planned to speak on it.

I don't think you can use the 'minutes not being written up properly' as an excuse, you have to vote on the minutes being correct at the next meeting, or are you saying you don't read the minutes?

Did you or did you not declare an interest when it was on the budget agenda, in the way that you have declared an interest at the beginning of the meeting in the past, for example over the Neighbourhood Management Teams? In that instance you were aware interests have to be declared. I'm just trying to get the fact's clear here.

It would seem to be that you don't think you should have had to declare an interest officially and initially, in which case it would be easier to just say so, rather than saying you did declare an interest?

Last edited by andrewb; 09-04-2009 at 20:31.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 20:49   #191
God Member

Andrew.....I think you focus your attention to national politics....you could well be cast out on a boat to sea on this one...If the subject and it's implications goes tits up, you will be the one who wears the cap....If the councillors who made the complaint in the first place have the balls to respond, that gets you off the hook...let them respond.
I admire your loyalty but dont cut short a promising career.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 20:51   #192
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Andrew.....I think you focus your attention to national politics....you could well be cast out on a boat to sea on this one...If the subject and it's implications goes tits up, you will be the one who wears the cap....If the councillors who made the complaint in the first place have the balls to respond, that gets you off the hook...let them respond.
I admire your loyalty but dont cut short a promising career.
I'm only establishing facts Royboy, I'm not backing anybody, and certainly wouldn't do so out of pure loyalty!
Old 09-04-2009, 21:27   #193
God Member

You make me wonder Andrew, if what you do is not harrassment! it seems that way, you pick at the same person continually, I also wonder if, should Peter (as people have requested many times) come on here, would you go all out to question his every word as you do with Graham, I am not particularly a GJ supporter, and he knows my feelings about the two main parties etc, it just seems that you have the potential to be a bully, and it isnt the nicest side I have seen of you.
Old 09-04-2009, 21:34   #194
Resting in Peace

I think the majority vote is that we are all backing Cllr Jones here so let's call it a day please.

I'm am more interested in what points have been put forward to have these unadopted roads funded by tax payers to do temporary improvements, and still will not be adopted by LCC. Sorry, Bernard but filling in the potholes on Annie Street will only be of advantage to the residents, not to the rest of us .. unless you can convince me differently. Same with Hodder and Manor to be honest.

P.S. See Robert Owen has now changed to Bernard Dawson.
(I told him what to do ages ago, but nobody takes any notice of me ... )
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 21:43   #195
God Member

I think the repairs at Willows Lane to Oxford street were supposed to be 'permanent' repairs Katex, and have come up twice in a very short time, so I wouldnt expect a temporary repair to last more than a few weeks sadly, which would be another waste of money!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..