Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2011, 08:07   #16
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Teachers' & other public servants' strike

What is the impact on the pension funds of early retirement being used as a way of reducing staffing levels?
Old 29-06-2011, 08:09   #17

Definitely go on the rally, the more the louder, I mean merrier.
Old 29-06-2011, 08:37   #18
Resting in Peace

Its just a pity there were no strikes when Brown destroyed the pension schemes of millions of private sector workers who are thousands of pounds out of pocket when they retire
Old 29-06-2011, 09:37   #19
JFT96

Well said Jay, I am finding it very hard to support those Public Sector Workers, after all I don't have a pension, thanks to successive governments, screwing the country, especially the one eyed idiot we had recently. It is the humble tax payer paying the pensions here, when the majority of us don't have a pension provided.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 09:37   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its just a pity there were no strikes when Brown destroyed the pension schemes of millions of private sector workers who are thousands of pounds out of pocket when they retire
Its n even bigger pity yeh can't accept, what was started during the "Thatcher" years wi pensions, n the fact that their all as bad.
Old 29-06-2011, 09:48   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Its n even bigger pity yeh can't accept, what was started during the "Thatcher" years wi pensions, n the fact that their all as bad.
The thing is that Private sector workers are being robbed because of Brown rifling private pensions, and those that are affected are also being asked to contribute, through their taxes for, to public sector pension schemes, think its time to move into the real world really. Just a note one of the Union Leaders calling this strike has £26,000 a year paid into his gilt edge pension fund on top of his £135,000 a year salary, nice work if ya can get it
Old 29-06-2011, 09:55   #22
JCB

I don't think the NAS/UWT are on strike .

There are too many teachers' unions . They used to spend more time squabbling amongst themselves , especially the NUT and the NAS/UWT .

There should be one professional teachers' body representing all teachers . They might be listened to more readily if such was the case .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 10:01   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
The thing is that Private sector workers are being robbed because of Brown rifling private pensions, and those that are affected are also being asked to contribute, through their taxes for, to public sector pension schemes, think its time to move into the real world really. Just a note one of the Union Leaders calling this strike has £26,000 a year paid into his gilt edge pension fund on top of his £135,000 a year salary, nice work if ya can get it
They were all robbed in the 80s by "Pension Holidays" yet this was completely ignored under the guise of "Massive Surplus" in the funds, yet anyone wi any oil in there lamp was under no illusion what would happen in the future.
Old 29-06-2011, 17:50   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg&chips View Post
Thanks folks. The only question now is, do I go on the rally or do I stay at home and catch up with paperwork?
I would go on the rally,After all It would break up the monotony of having a secure job for 45 years.

Just think all them years to plan for the future must be a complete bore.

On top of that you've got to wash the car and take the kids to the park,you must be in need of a holiday.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 18:07   #25
God Member

the thing is its not just about pensions its about job cuts which are going to effect the most vulnerable,the young in society as i tell you we havent seen anything yet.outsourcing contracts to companies who will be making profits for the shareholder which will cost more in the long run .
Old 29-06-2011, 18:27   #26
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
the thing is its not just about pensions
its about job cuts
i tell you we havent seen anything yet.
outsourcing contracts to companies who will be making profits for the shareholder
You can't let it lie can you ? Any platform to get your petulant opinions across ! The issue is about striking teachers (although the title mentions other public servant) TJ's, Jane Norman (whoever they are ?), Habitat, Curries & Thorntons, remind me again just when they began teaching or failing that when they became part of the Public sector ?

Make your mind up will you lad ! The despised private sector with it's evil managers employing thousands (but exploiting the masses) or the benificient public sector ousting thousands of poor workers, cutting services but maintaining the extravagant levels of pay to managers & ne'er do wells !

Careful you don't bruise your plums as you straddle that fence.
Old 29-06-2011, 18:41   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
You can't let it lie can you ? Any platform to get your petulant opinions across ! The issue is about striking teachers (although the title mentions other public servant) TJ's, Jane Norman (whoever they are ?), Habitat, Curries & Thorntons, remind me again just when they began teaching or failing that when they became part of the Public sector ?

Make your mind up will you lad ! The despised private sector with it's evil managers employing thousands (but exploiting the masses) or the benificient public sector ousting thousands of poor workers, cutting services but maintaining the extravagant levels of pay to managers & ne'er do wells !

Careful you don't bruise your plums as you straddle that fence.
Dave your wasting your time he's as thick as a p***stone mate
Old 29-06-2011, 19:04   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You can grow a tree from a plum stone but you have to leave it buried all winter for It to germinate.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 19:15   #29
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I like to think of it as verbal skittles, keep settin' 'em up son & I'll keep bowling 'em over !
Old 29-06-2011, 19:22   #30
God Member

well as i am in position to see it all happening yous havent got a clue where i work 16 people have left and no ones been replaced the top company who have been awarded contracts are australian who have already failed in holland one is a security firm who paid the tories thousands in donations at the elections and another one started as an employment agency think what you want but i know what i think

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..